Lafc "obsessed" With Signing Ronaldo, Rooney In 2018

I bet EA Sports would beg to differ with you.

Knowing who Ronaldo and Messi and what team they play for doesn't translate into knowing who else is on Barca or Real Madrid and how many points they have in the season and who they're playing the champions league...

But it"increases" people's awareness of NYCFC for whatever it's worth. Plus you can't have the possibility of signing either Messi or Ronaldo and pass on the chance.

But the majority of kids under 16 don't follow soccer.
Everybody and their grandma follows soccer down where I am.

I don't know where you live, but you clearly haven't been to States with large Hispanic populations.

The only 3 sports on in bars around where I live are Football, Soccer, and Baseball. Everything else besides the San Antonio Spurs is ignored.

Reactions: Mikeylito

I don't know where you live, but you clearly haven't been to States with large Hispanic populations.

The only 3 sports on in bars around where I live are Football, Soccer, and Baseball. Everything else besides the San Antonio Spurs is ignored.

I agree with you. I live just outside Staten Island in Jersey and Soccer has exploded over the last 10 years. I think anywhere surrounding large metropolitan areas have seen the same results. There are local soccer leagues playing from 8am to midnight, 7 days a week. My city has been installing soccer fields in every park they can because the demand for them is so great. We have even seen our little leagues condensing into single leagues because there aren't as many kids interested in playing anymore. Everyone is playing soccer and its one of the most affordable sports for parents in terms of equipment. The sport is quickly gaining in popularity and I think we'll see even more rapid growth in the years to come.

I differ a bit with your response to DavidVilla DavidVilla. If he lives in Hoboken, New Jersey which has a large Hispanic population. However, not all Hispanic are into soccer, like from the Caribbean (Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic) Baseball is their number one sports ( maybe there is another Hoboken in the USA.) Although I live in the NY Metropolitan Area, 99% of my friends are not even aware soccer exist. I am into the sport because culturally I was raised with it from the crib. Futbol was the number one sport with the men in my family and perhaps Boxing was a second . This is why this forum is greatly appreciated by me, because, I get to exchange and discuss my Futbol with other fans.:)

I differ a bit with your response to DavidVilla DavidVilla. If he lives in Hoboken, New Jersey which has a large Hispanic population. However, not all Hispanic are into soccer, like from the Caribbean (Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic) Baseball is their number one sports ( maybe there is another Hoboken in the USA.) Although I live in the NY Metropolitan Area, 99% of my friends are not even aware soccer exist. I am into the sport because culturally I was raised with it from the crib. Futbol was the number one sport with the men in my family and perhaps Boxing was a second . This is why this forum is greatly appreciated by me, because, I get to exchange and discuss my Futbol with other fans.:)
I grew up in Mexico and currently live in an area where the population is 96% Hispanic and football (soccer) is a huge part of the culture down here. You can't go to a park and not see people playing soccer. There are huge recreational leagues that take up every bit of free space with grass or dirt on the weekends. Two local high schools won something called a state championship for soccer. I can't imagine living somewhere in the world where football (soccer) wasn't important.