Montreal (Home) - Postmatch

as if we couldnt be embarrassed enough by people who decided to watch the game Daily News wrote an article about it:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0190406-xvuwq6sqlfhsdit76xd6dn47wa-story.html

56523187_657611348010318_1850340755147587584_n.png

I am wondering if language is an issue - as we’ve all heard, Dome is not an advanced English speaker - at least I get this impression when listening to him that he can’t really express what he wants to say.

If this is the case, then let him conduct interviews in Spanish and use a translator. Worse, if I can’t understand him that well, what about the players trying to pick up tactical nuances when they can’t understand him?

I’m with Midas that I don’t think the guy is slow, just that it appears that way because of a struggle with the language. If so just use a translator because we can’t have the team not understand. They play football like Dome speaks: slow and uncoordinated.

I can buy that it's a language barrier issue with regards to the interviews but I think the inability to communicate ideas and tactics to the players goes well beyond language issues. Maxi looks more confused than anyone and he's a veteran player that speaks spanish. Half the team speaks spanish.

I can buy that it's a language barrier issue with regards to the interviews but I think the inability to communicate ideas and tactics to the players goes well beyond language issues. Maxi looks more confused than anyone and he's a veteran player that speaks spanish. Half the team speaks spanish.
I speak English, but put me in a room with a guy from the Liverpool docks or from the outer reaches of Scotland, and you’ll just see a blank stare from me when they talk.

I speak English, but put me in a room with a guy from the Liverpool docks or from the outer reaches of Scotland, and you’ll just see a blank stare from me when they talk.
Jamaicans allegedly speak english.

Oddly, I think the personnel we have currently would be perfect for Kreis.

Mitrita playing off of Heber. Maxi operating freely underneath. Parks wide right. Ofori wide left. Ring lrotecting the back line. Sweat playing a defensive LB role. Mitrita would have the whole Left side of the final third to himself. Tinnerholm given freedom to overlap Parks on the right.

My two cents.
I agree with you on running the diamond out there, but just with different personnel IMO.

Mitrita playing off Heber as you noted, but Sands protecting the back line with Parks and Ring shuttling and Maxi operating freely underneath the strikers. And of course Mata over Sweat to provide width on the left. Mitri likes to cut in, so need someone to drag the fullback to the corner.

I agree with you on running the diamond out there, but just with different personnel IMO.

Mitrita playing off Heber as you noted, but Sands protecting the back line with Parks and Ring shuttling and Maxi operating freely underneath the strikers. And of course Mata over Sweat to provide width on the left. Mitri likes to cut in, so need someone to drag the fullback to the corner.
I would be open to:

Johnson
Tinny Sands Callens Mata
Ring
Parks Ofori
Maxi
Héber Mitri

Mata and Ofori combined well against LAFC, plus the fullbacks need to supply width in a 4-4-2 diamond. Sands for Chanot is a controversial one, but I'm mostly interested in seeing some verticality on the right hand side to match what we get on our left hand side. Scally is probably not ready but Tinny's been unimpressive for a while now.

I would be open to:

Johnson
Tinny Sands Callens Mata
Ring
Parks Ofori
Maxi
Héber Mitri

Mata and Ofori combined well against LAFC, plus the fullbacks need to supply width in a 4-4-2 diamond. Sands for Chanot is a controversial one, but I'm mostly interested in seeing some verticality on the right hand side to match what we get on our left hand side. Scally is probably not ready but Tinny's been unimpressive for a while now.
Given how difficult the team has found it to understand their roles, I'm a bit reluctant to change formations.

What about:

Johnson
Tinny Sands Callens Mata
Ring
Parks Maxi
Shradi Héber Mitri

Given how difficult the team has found it to understand their roles, I'm a bit reluctant to change formations.

What about:

Johnson
Tinny Sands Callens Mata
Ring
Parks Maxi
Shradi Héber Mitri
That's a fair concern. I figured the fact that Héber, Parks, Maxi and to an extent Mitri are coming in fairly fresh somewhat mitigated the casting away of any familiarity or learning of the current shape that may have taken hold. The other issue that the diamond circumvents is the fact that none of our right wing options have done enough to lock down that spot.

I'll take what you have though, in the name of getting as many technical and vertical players in the same 11.

Reactions: FootyLovin
That's a fair concern. I figured the fact that Héber, Parks, Maxi and to an extent Mitri are coming in fairly fresh somewhat mitigated the casting away of any familiarity or learning of the current shape that may have taken hold. The other issue that the diamond circumvents is the fact that none of our right wing options have done enough to lock down that spot.

I'll take what you have though, in the name of getting as many technical and vertical players in the same 11.
We haven't had a lock down presence on the right wing. We've also given most of those minutes to Medina instead of our second leading scorer from last season. I'd like to see Shradi get at least 3 games run out over there. And with Tinny and Parks supporting that side I imagine good things for him.