Revs Postmatch

You look at all reds and second yellows, and here's why. Those are the fouls that lead to a double penalty - the loss of a player in that game and the suspension for the next game. You can't change the impact on game #1, but a player unjustly removed from the second game is an extra unfair outcome when it can easily be reviewed.
I see the point, but I just don't think its as easy to just stop there. Why wouldn't they review the first yellow? Without it, the second wouldn't have caused a dismissal... What if one of the yellows was due to an accumulation of fouls, should all of those be looked at too and if one of them actually wasn't a foul, should that yellow be rescinded?

I get that there is the potential for looking at a player's suspension for an upcoming match, valid point. But then why not review a yellow that puts a player on suspension due to accumulation of yellows? Why only review the last one and not the second to last, etc.

In principle, I get it, but I don't think its as cut and dry.

Reactions: Ulrich
I see the point, but I just don't think its as easy to just stop there. Why wouldn't they review the first yellow? Without it, the second wouldn't have caused a dismissal... What if one of the yellows was due to an accumulation of fouls, should all of those be looked at too and if one of them actually wasn't a foul, should that yellow be rescinded?

I get that there is the potential for looking at a player's suspension for an upcoming match, valid point. But then why not review a yellow that puts a player on suspension due to accumulation of yellows? Why only review the last one and not the second to last, etc.

In principle, I get it, but I don't think its as cut and dry.
Likewise I get what you are saying. As you pointed out I think reviewing all first yellows then opens up why not review all cards period. Plenty of players get first yellows deservedly or not. And as professionals they are expected to adjust their games. If they know they are at risk and stay clean but still get wrongfully charged a second yellow, that's on the ref and should be overturned. If they get wrongfully shown a first yellow and then don't adjust their game, that's on them. IMO.

Likewise I get what you are saying. As you pointed out I think reviewing all first yellows then opens up why not review all cards period. Plenty of players get first yellows deservedly or not. And as professionals they are expected to adjust their games. If they know they are at risk and stay clean but still get wrongfully charged a second yellow, that's on the ref and should be overturned. If they get wrongfully shown a first yellow and then don't adjust their game, that's on them. IMO.
Fair point, but I disagree, lol. Respectfully of course.

You and Ulrich bring up valid points, but its not convincing me. And I don't think I'm gonna convince either of you two, haha

Does anyone know how leagues typically interacts with refs on things like the Bravo red card? Regardless of what happens with the red card does the league at least take some action with the ref to let them know that the call was terrible and they expect it not to happen again? Do refs go back and watch close calls they make to see if they got it right in order to get better?

FootyLovin FootyLovin i'd sure like to know if you ever saw my review of this game i was there and i tagged you thanks!

Does anyone know how leagues typically interacts with refs on things like the Bravo red card? Regardless of what happens with the red card does the league at least take some action with the ref to let them know that the call was terrible and they expect it not to happen again? Do refs go back and watch close calls they make to see if they got it right in order to get better?

http://www.proreferees.com/features-assessment.php

It looks like MLS has an 'evaluator' for every game who 'provides' feedback to PRO (the ref assignor), but I don't know if the evaluator can make a referral to the Review Committee to overturn decisions -- I suspect they can only make referrals for player misconduct, but that's a guess.

PRO says they also have 2 evaluators each game giving feedback to the refs.