06/13 Home - Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a good result and 3 points from this match.

Reactions: joe
come on, need another win at home. Hope they build on this weekends win.

Montreal is a better team this year than most people seem to think. They are 3pts ahead of us with 4 games in hand (due to taking about 4 weeks off during their CONCACAF Champions League run). Since coming back to MLS they have 4 wins and 2 losses, including 2 straight wins. Those 4 wins have come against Columbus on the road, and at home against Vancouver, Dallas and Real Salt Lake. Not too shabby. Anyone who has watched the Impact this season knows that Piatti makes them tick and it'll be very important to mark him closely. They are extremely quick and it should be a very entertaining game.

From what I saw in champions league play, they sit back and absorb pressure in order to spring forward in to all that space with their very fast forwards. Really cannot have a million bad turnovers. Mix will be missed. I am nervous about this game. Could be huge if we can get three points though.

If their CCL games were any indication they have a well organized defense and a deadly counterattack. I think our midfield probably stacks up well against theirs but you could say that of many of the teams they have beaten as well. This could prove to be a difficult game.

Absolutely correct. My biggest concern is Brovsky and Wingert getting burned time after time on the counter by their quick wingers/forwards.
Without true wide players our system continues to rely on fullbacks, who can't produce.

My avatar once said "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Reactions: Kjbert
anyone know whats up with Calle is he really injured? been like a month since he played.

Yeah this is gonna be a tough match for us. Let's hope we can ride the momentum from Philly and get a positive result

I say let's be cautiously optimistic. Our team is better than our record. We finally got the benefit of a fortunate bounce last game. The game before we were one save of the week away from a win. We will be back in our house (not that that has been a fortress but still).

Our starting XI looked good last week. This week we will have Mullins instead of Nemec which many/most seem to think is an upgrade. Kreis needs to prepare the team to be ready to track back in a hurry. If he does that and the team listens we can capitalize on recent good form.

Oh. And the team will be juiced on the adrenaline of the Pirlo announcement.

Cautiously optimistic prediction: 2-1. Same as philly. Another W. 3 more points.

Reactions: Sabo and Gavin23
Status
Not open for further replies.