06/17 Away - Cosmos

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We're not going out there as if we're playing some type of friendly. We're in an Open Cup. We're there to win trophies," Head Coach Jason Kreis said.

Bang!

I hope he means that but actions speak louder than words, of course. We will see soon enough.

I'm sitting here debating whether to go get on the train or let me tickets waste. Decisions...

What, you aren't going to make the 1+ hr trip one way to the shithole called Hempstead after a long day of work for an Open Cup match that may or may not be below the likes of Ned Grabavoy? You must be made of plastic. :rolleyes:

With that said, I'm currently on the TR bus.

what do cosmos fans look like?
bleachers-2290480.jpg

Great except for Dunn. I'm not sure he is ready to play CDM. Why not see what Poku can do there? He comes out as a super sub for 20 minutes anyway, so starting today shouldn't kill him for TFC.
Agree that this is a perfect opportunity to start Poku and still have him available to sub at TFC. But I'd rather see him up top with Mullins than in CDM role.

Reactions: sbrylski
This game is the question of can the best college football team beat the worst NFL team. And the answer always is the NFL wins.
Tell that to RBNJ who went to Hofstra at this same stage last year and got schooled.

Agree that this is a perfect opportunity to start Poku and still have him available to sub at TFC. But I'd rather see him up top with Mullins than in CDM role.

I'm very curious to see what we do with the deep midfield. Jacobson can't conceivably play 90 minutes of every game. When he missed the Seattle game due to the red card, we played Mix and Grabavoy in the back of a 4-2-3-1. I could see Dunn and Grabavoy as the holding midfielders this game, but those two could really struggle with distribution forward.

As much as I loved Poku up top, it would be a good opportunity for him to try running the show from the back again.

Very curious to see what Kreis does.

I'm fine with that. Especially because they'll play to gain experience. It's not coming from a point of arrogance as was the case with the RBs.
All I'm saying is this isn't a case of NCAA football vs NFL....even NFL back-ups would crush NCAA teams which the Red Bulls proved wasn't the case

Status
Not open for further replies.