2021 Schedule Thread

Of the 17 MLS Regular Season matches in 2021, how many will be played at Yankee Stadium?

• Total voters
UPDATE ON THE UPDATE:

Columbus are 3-1 UP AGAINST DC UNITED!!!!!

DC need 3 goals in the last 15 minutes of the game.

CONGRATS ON QUALIFYING FOR THE PLAYOFFS, FELLOW NYCFC FANS! Enjoy the night. We are now a win (or tie if philly lose tomorrow) from a home playoff game. And a win would put us in definite 3rd place, possibly 2nd (unlikely) Good stuff!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE ON THE UPDATE:

CONGRATS ON QUALIFYING FOR THE PLAYOFFS, FELLOW NYCFC FANS! Enjoy the night. We are now a win (or tie if philly lose tomorrow) from a home playoff game. And a win would put us in definite 3rd place, possibly 2nd (unlikely) Good stuff!!!!!!!!!!

DCU loses 3-1. We’re in.

UPDATE ON THE UPDATE:

After all the drama, we're going to finish pretty close to where we have tended to finish. Somewhere between 2nd-4th in the East. Not bad for a rebuilding season.

And we are absolutely a team no one is going to want to face in the playoffs. We might lose because 13 of the 14 teams do, but we're going to be a tough out.

Also, six straight seasons in the playoffs. Only year we missed was 2015. Not too shabby. The sporting department knows what it's doing.

We should never be in a rebuilding year
While I don't disagree, I would like to request that you just enjoy the fact that we made the playoffs and had a great game today, and at least that we aren't.... any of these guys
1635645601862.png

giphy.gif

Reactions: Schwallacus
Let’s slow down the celebrations. Making the playoffs is an expectation for this club. There’s still a massive decision day match vs Philadelphia that we need to win to guarantee at least the 3 seed. That’s a critical game to win.

Reactions: Kjbert
Let’s slow down the celebrations. Making the playoffs is an expectation for this club. There’s still a massive decision day match vs Philadelphia that we need to win to guarantee at least the 3 seed. That’s a critical game to win.

You're right, but no matter the expectations, you should celebrate making the playoffs. It is an accomplishment, and to do it for 6 straight seasons in a league like ours with such parity, when teams like Toronto and Atlanta have struggled -- when even last year's Cup winners are likely to miss this year -- listen, it's an expectation, but it's also an accomplishment that should be celebrated.

exactly. We also don’t know what Philly will do in todays game (but it is against Cincinnati which is the closest thing to a guaranteed 3 as there is in MLS) - Sunday’s game is a must win and it won’t be easy.

Reactions: Kjbert
exactly. We also don’t know what Philly will do in todays game (but it is against Cincinnati which is the closest thing to a guaranteed 3 as there is in MLS) - Sunday’s game is a must win and it won’t be easy.

Do you guys know how to enjoy anything? Seriously, the pessimism is getting annoying. We just won 3 in a row.

Celebrate making the playoffs after <<<<3 WINS IN A ROW>>>> when we were possibly not going to make the playoffs and you yourself, canchon, said that we weren't going to make the playoffs. Enjoy the fact that we won 3 in a row with 9 goals between them! Enjoy the fact we made the playoffs!

...And then next week we can worry about playing Philly and playoff seeding. Regardless of the Philly result today, we just need a win. But if you are always worrying about "The bigger picture" without celebrating the in-between steps, you never get to enjoy anything.

So stop worrying so much and just enjoy your team. Enjoy a team that has Taty currently as the frontrunner for the golden boot. Learn how to just enjoy something for once.

You're right, but no matter the expectations, you should celebrate making the playoffs. It is an accomplishment, and to do it for 6 straight seasons in a league like ours with such parity, when teams like Toronto and Atlanta have struggled -- when even last year's Cup winners are likely to miss this year -- listen, it's an expectation, but it's also an accomplishment that should be celebrated.

Making the playoffs in a league where 7 teams from each conference make the playoffs should not be an accomplishment FOR THIS CLUB.

Making the playoffs for THIS club is the bare minimum.

Using the Prem as an example, the bare minimum for City is qualifying for the UCL. The playoffs for us the equivalent.

Do you guys know how to enjoy anything? Seriously, the pessimism is getting annoying. We just won 3 in a row.

Celebrate making the playoffs after <<<<3 WINS IN A ROW>>>> when we were possibly not going to make the playoffs and you yourself, canchon, said that we weren't going to make the playoffs. Enjoy the fact that we won 3 in a row with 9 goals between them! Enjoy the fact we made the playoffs!

...And then next week we can worry about playing Philly and playoff seeding. Regardless of the Philly result today, we just need a win. But if you are always worrying about "The bigger picture" without celebrating the in-between steps, you never get to enjoy anything.

So stop worrying so much and just enjoy your team. Enjoy a team that has Taty currently as the frontrunner for the golden boot. Learn how to just enjoy something for once.

We won 3 in a row after going 500 minutes with scoring. Spare me the “enjoy the 3 game winning streak.”

We’re supposed to win 3 in a row. This is an ambitious fanbase.

Reactions: canchon
We won 3 in a row after going 500 minutes with scoring. Spare me the “enjoy the 3 game winning streak.”

Sure, just ignore the entire rest of the post. No problem.

Regardless, we had a 500 minutes scoring blank. Yes. It's unacceptable. But before that we have 25+ games, scoring in each game. So we had a problem for a few games. But now we're back and winning games again, so just enjoy it. I swear you guys are just anti-enjoyment sometimes.

I for one am enjoying the last week.
The previous 2 and a half months not so much.
I also enjoyed the Icelandic Singer Songwriter free kick that quite possibly saved this season. That kick kept me from walking away from this season. I was totally despondent watching the Atlanta game.
I’m enjoying Sean showing his best form, Talles Magno emerging, Keaton continuing to look good, Sands becoming The Sandman again , Heber getting back on the pitch… also really pumped for Taty.

The work is far from over but after pulling our collective hair out (aside from the few optimists on this forum) since August, hell yeah I’m enjoying this.

One other thing on this: I'm not satisfied by just making the playoffs. But I am happy and celebratory that we have made the playoffs. Because you can't accomplish your other goals without first making it in, and sports fandom is not a zero-sum game to me.

God forbid the team has a slump. I know in the premier league a slump gets the coach fired, but that's such an unreasonable way to run a sports team or, frankly, to be a fan of one. Slumps will happen, that's why the season is so damn long, so hopefully the slumps and hot streaks even out and you get a pretty fair representation of what the team actually is.

There are a lot of ambitious franchises in this league having far worse seasons than we are.

Reactions: Shwafta

can you send me a message for when it’s ok to start thinking about the next game? I enjoyed the HECK out of the win yesterday and the fact that NYCFC turned its season around.

And yes, I didn’t see it coming - I fully thought NYCFC was cooked - I said they wouldn’t make the playoffs and I was wrong. Full credit goes to Deila and the team for winning the last 3 games and saving their season.

Some of us like looking at the bigger picture - now that our expectations have been recalibrated, we want more. We want this team to make a run in the playoffs unlike every other year - and the team needs look to beat Philly to set themselves up instead of getting a 5/6/7 finish and most likely being one and done again.

it is possible to enjoy the wins and also keep the bigger picture in mind.