Away - 02/08 Emelec

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
First friendly of the year will be played against the Ecuadorian club Emelec.

Kickoff is 02/08 7:00 pm.

I'm assuming a YouTube stream will be available.

FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR!

giphy.gif

23 Days, 5 Hours, and 26 minutes until kickoff (or when the TV or streaming coverage starts)!

Villa and Pirlo will start (probably in the contract for the game) and play a maximum of 60 minutes, likely just 45 though.

As always eager to see how the new additions look. I am particularly excited to see what the rookies look like.

As always eager to see how the new additions look. I am particularly excited to see what the rookies look like.
And curious to see who is paired with whom. Not that it'll necessarily mean much - last year's preseason was a mashing together of players that gave a false sense of pecking order - White & Taylor were starters

The better question, will there be English commentary. I know our Mexico game was on YES.

Then again, depending on the quality of play maybe we shouldn't be subjected to the first run-out of the season....

Someone fix the damn thread title. Keeps giving me false hope.
How does Emelec rate?
It looks like they won 3 league titles in a row from '13-'15. Interestingly, the club was initially funded by an American who was the owner of Empresa Eléctrica del Ecuador, so I guess that's where the name "Emelec" comes from.

Yes, I read their wiki last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back