Away - 07/17 Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
--------Mata--Villa--Harrison-----
--------Lampard--Pirlo-------------
---------------Iraola-----------------
--?????--Mena--Brillant--Allen---

If Mata continues on the LW, could Bravo possibly be used in a LB role? Anybody know if Bravo has had any prior experience playing LB/RB at Boca before he came to NYCFC?

If Mata continues on the LW, could Bravo possibly be used in a LB role? Anybody know if Bravo has had any prior experience playing LB/RB at Boca before he came to NYCFC?
Not sure, but I would rather try him there before putting Allen over there again.

Reactions: adam
No injury report put out yet by the team, odd.

Khiry Shelton just posted a snapchat that he's with Connor Brandt.

That's an interesting question. But I'm pretty disappointed Martinez isn't getting the automatic nod. Coming into the season he was expected to be the backup at LB.

I know not every signing works out, but I thought that one was going to. Especially as a 24 year old with a long potential future here once we sell Mata for mad Garber bucks.

Bravo LB?

I sure wouldn't complain if he did that. I also didn't complain about Mata at LW, so what the hell do I know? But if he keeps the magic formula as intact as possible, then either Martinez or Bravo at LB is the best answer. Maybe Mix plays LB??? Lol

I sure wouldn't complain if he did that. I also didn't complain about Mata at LW, so what the hell do I know? But if he keeps the magic formula as intact as possible, then either Martinez or Bravo at LB is the best answer. Maybe Mix plays LB??? Lol

The crazy lineup move would be...

------TMac--Villa--Harrison----
------Lampard--Pirlo-------------
---------------Mix------------------
-Allen--Mena--Brillant--Iraola--

Reactions: Paul
The crazy lineup move would be...

---------------Mix------------------
-Allen--Mena--Brillant--Iraola--

Anything that messes with the magic formula is crazy in my book. We keep 10 of the 11 starters where they were during the winning streak. And insert anyone in the LB position that PV thinks can handle it.

---------------Iraola------------------
-Anyone--Mena--Brillant-RJ

We have to assume Oduro will be playing up top so we want our fastest LB on the pitch -- who would be Mata.

Just like last year, this summer game against Montreal is huge. The difference is that instead a must win to try to put ourselves in #6 playoff position, a win today (with the NJRB derby next week) really puts us in a position to be the leader of the Eastern Conference who everyone else is chasing.

I can't help thinking about last year. I was still a Kreis supporter until I saw his lineup choice for the Impact game. This year I know I am going to see a lineup where our Coach is putting out our strongest starting XI for a big game.

Reactions: adam and Ulrich
We have to assume Oduro will be playing up top so we want our fastest LB on the pitch -- who would be Mata.

Just like last year, this summer game against Montreal is huge. The difference is that instead a must win to try to put ourselves in #6 playoff position, a win today (with the NJRB derby next week) really puts us in a position to be the leader of the Eastern Conference who everyone else is chasing.

I can't help thinking about last year. I was still a Kreis supporter until I saw his lineup choice for the Impact game. This year I know I am going to see a lineup where our Coach is putting out our strongest starting XI for a big game.

Mata is injured.

Reactions: Sabo

With Mata & Khiry out with an injury, who's our fastest non-starter available? Lopez? Put him at LB?

With Mata & Khiry out with an injury, who's our fastest non-starter available? Lopez? Put him at LB?
Actually Harrison may be the fastest.... Not that we'd ever play him (and never should) at wing back

Reactions: Sabo
We are so thin at back. Without Mata I think we should play 3 CBs (Hernandez) with Allen on whatever side of the field Oduro is playing and worry more about Drogba.

Oduro is dangerous but he isn't a superstar because he isn't an efficient finisher. Hopefully he doesn't convert the 1-2 good chances he will get against our D.

We are so thin at back. Without Mata I think we should play 3 CBs (Hernandez) with Allen on whatever side of the field Oduro is playing and worry more about Drogba.

Oduro is dangerous but he isn't a superstar because he isn't an efficient finisher. Hopefully he doesn't convert the 1-2 good chances he will get against our D.

Problem is we've tried that and it hasn't worked. RJ doesn't look the same on the left and Hernandez out of place on the right. I'd rather have one player out of place or in an uncomfortable position, then 2. Moving RJ to the left only seems to exacerbate the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul and FootyLovin
Status
Not open for further replies.