Away - 10/30 Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The importance of a two-leg matchup is key here. If we give up a cheap early goal, we don't have to go all out.

If we get a cheap early one, see my avatar. Or below.

giphy.gif

I like New York City's chances:
1) Great record v. Canadian teams
2) Best away record in MLS
3) Toronto played the midweek game. NYCFC got to rest.
4) NYC's DP's are players that are very experienced in big, big matches... and they're considered great because they performed in them. That composure can be massive for NYCFC.
5) It's usually considered an advantage to play the 2nd leg at home. And NYCFC have been almost invincible at home for the last 7 matches. A draw or win in Toronto, and TFC are in very big trouble.

Anything I'm forgetting?

EDIT: Oh, thanks for looking this up @HudsonRiverBlue

6) Michael Bradley turns the ball over so much, he will basically be an extra midfielder for us.

I'll be there!! Driving in from Albany. ETA depends on game time. Let's get together for some beers and some "off the record" NYCFC info Chris!!!!!!
I'd be more than happy to do that. Need to find a Toronto bar for a big meetup on Saturday.
Count me in!! However I live close to BMO Field so its not a huge huge mission
Do you recommend any bars for a lot of NYCFC supporters?
how much are the flights going for? and what exact time is the game??
$148 NYC to Toronto on Saturday
$102 Toronto to NYC on Monday morning

No word on exact time till Friday morning but I'm betting it'll be 7pm on Sunday.

I'll be at Ryan's Daughter for the game if anyone else plans on heading there. Depending what time our match is at, and when they open upstairs, I may just go and watch all the games there and get wrecked.

I spoke with my ticket rep this morning. They have no clue when the game time will be announced. They don't expect to have any ticket allotment. Buy through The Third Rail or secondary sites.

Hope the short rest really becomes apparent in the second half. If we can snag an away win I think the home field advantage of yankee stadium will carry us through.
All the more reason to play the lineup from last weekend. Fcking run three speedsters and two wingbacks all game long at their D and get them wheezing & holding their quads early while letting Bravo/Lampard badger Bradley into a Yellow. Bonus if Chanot/Brillant can piss Altidore off.

Edit: Toronto's favorite formation is a 352 but when they play us they always revert to 4 in the back to provide cover against our 3 forwards. This will leave Bradley with one fewer teammate in midfield and having to do more of the dirty work defending. If he doesn't get a yellow, then Bravo/Lampard hasn't earned their paycheck.

For those of us going to Toronto what sections are people sitting in? I can get tix from Third Rail but I don't want to sit in the typical away section a mile from the field!! Tix are still available directly from TFC and of course StubHub, etc.....

Reactions: Kjbert
Bradley and Altidore both on yellows coming in. Gotham Gator Gotham Gator we need a new Yellow Card Accumulation update!

It's pretty simple. You get 2 Yellows in the playoffs, and you miss the next game - unless that next game is the MLS Cup Final.

So, if either Bradley or Altidore get a Yellow on Sunday, they won't be playing in Yankee Stadium. We do not have such a problem, which is one advantage of the bye that I hadn't thought of.

I'd be more than happy to do that. Need to find a Toronto bar for a big meetup on Saturday.

Do you recommend any bars for a lot of NYCFC supporters?

$148 NYC to Toronto on Saturday
$102 Toronto to NYC on Monday morning

No word on exact time till Friday morning but I'm betting it'll be 7pm on Sunday.
I dont know what bars would really show support for TFC or which wouldnt care that a bunch of NCFC fans attend :S I assume many sports bars will cheer on TFC as so many people will support Toronto teams in general

Reactions: Kjbert
For those of us going to Toronto what sections are people sitting in? I can get tix from Third Rail but I don't want to sit in the typical away section a mile from the field!! Tix are still available directly from TFC and of course StubHub, etc.....
Stadium isnt that big though. Ive gone with the supporters and you can still get a good view. Ive sat in the last row of that stadium and its still good! Its not like yankee stadium where you have the away section between home and third base in an awkward area

Stadium isnt that big though. Ive gone with the supporters and you can still get a good view. Ive sat in the last row of that stadium and its still good! Its not like yankee stadium where you have the away section between home and third base in an awkward area
Thanks for the info!! I'll sit in away supporters area then!

The importance of a two-leg matchup is key here. If we give up a cheap early goal, we don't have to go all out.

If we get a cheap early one, see my avatar. Or below.

giphy.gif

Let's be honest, if we go ahead and decide to bunker down, we all know our bus looks more like this:

upload_2016-10-27_10-51-54.png

Can't wait for 15 minutes of butt-clenchy corner kick defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.