Away - New England 07/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the all star game on the 29th? Why wouldn't he play for us against Orlando?
Yeah you're right I thought it was next week. So I am sure he plays vs Orlando. I don't mind this if he's still hurt no reason to put him in any trouble slipping or aggravating the injury. I also don't mind him playing in the All Star game either to get his fitness up a little. It's a friendly so that will probably help him more then anything.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Predicted Lineup:

---------Saunders------------
-----Facey---Wingert--------
Iraola----------------Angelino--
-----Jacobson--Grabavoy-----
Ballouchy------------McNamara--
------Mullins-----Villa-------

Reactions: FootyLovin
Ok. That means its formation time.

Villa. Mullins.
TMac
Grabavoy. Ballouchy.
AJ
Angelino. Facey. ??? Iraola.

Only question: probably Wingert but maybe Mena?

Subs: Poku. Alvarez. Brovsky.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ok. That means its formation time.

Villa. Mullins.
TMac
Grabavoy. Ballouchy.
AJ
Angelino. Facey. ??? Iraola.

Only question: probably Wingert but maybe Mena?

Subs: Poku. Alvarez. Brovsky.
Id love to see Mena but I dont think that is Kreis' MO.

Brovsky? You think he will take off one of the FBs for Brovsky? I don;t even know if Kreis is that insane,

Reactions: FootyLovin
- - - - - Villa - - - - - - - Mullins - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - McNamara - - - - - - - - -

- - - - Poku - - - - - - - - Ballouchy - - -

- - - - - - - - - Jacobson - - - - - - - - - -

- Wingert - - Hern - - Facey - - Iraola -

SUBS:
Angelino for Wingert
Nemec for Mullins
Alvarez for Ballouchy

Shelton was a full participant in practice so I think he will play 20-30 minutes. No sign of Hernandez though so he's out. Looks like Wingert will be forced to play CB again. Sigh.

- - - - - Villa - - - - - - - Mullins - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - McNamara - - - - - - - - -

- - - - Poku - - - - - - - - Ballouchy - - -

- - - - - - - - - Jacobson - - - - - - - - - -

- Wingert - - Hern - - Facey - - Iraola -

SUBS:
Angelino for Wingert
Nemec for Mullins
Alvarez for Ballouchy
Why in the world after his dazzling debut wouldn't Angelino get the start?

Oh.

Never mind.

It'll be interesting to see how this team plays on the turf. Remembering back to the Cosmos game, the short quick passing wasn't all that impressive, but maybe it'll be better with a Villa/Mullins duo up top. I see no reason to believe that David won't continue his hot streak. NER have only 4 healthy defensemen, and now we've got two who can burn the outside of the field; hopefully we run them ragged and catch them a bit gassed in the second half.

Not sure if Jeb is going to be available this game, but it'll probably be his call, since he and his wife just had a baby (it was a boy). Hoping that we see an Anglino - Facey - NotKWS - Iraola back line for most of the game. What is really exciting is that, with the added width that Angelino and Iraola force defenses to expand, it's going to open up so much more for us in the middle of our attack. That's why the spine of our offense, once it's all completely there, is going to be able to work much more easily. No more bunching in the 18 where Villa gets frustrated. Angelino said it in the interview -- Expect more crosses. We were the lowest-crossing team in the League before he came in. Lets hope we see some more service today and pray our finishing is a bit more crisp.

It'll be interesting to see how this team plays on the turf. Remembering back to the Cosmos game, the short quick passing wasn't all that impressive, but maybe it'll be better with a Villa/Mullins duo up top. I see no reason to believe that David won't continue his hot streak. NER have only 4 healthy defensemen, and now we've got two who can burn the outside of the field; hopefully we run them ragged and catch them a bit gassed in the second half.

Not sure if Jeb is going to be available this game, but it'll probably be his call, since he and his wife just had a baby (it was a boy). Hoping that we see an Anglino - Facey - NotKWS - Iraola back line for most of the game. What is really exciting is that, with the added width that Angelino and Iraola force defenses to expand, it's going to open up so much more for us in the middle of our attack. That's why the spine of our offense, once it's all completely there, is going to be able to work much more easily. No more bunching in the 18 where Villa gets frustrated. Angelino said it in the interview -- Expect more crosses. We were the lowest-crossing team in the League before he came in. Lets hope we see some more service today and pray our finishing is a bit more crisp.

I like attacking fullbacks, off course, but they need strong (and quick to react) center backs and a smart-cutting lanes-quick to comeback defensive midfielder. Sometimes I feel that we are just to exposed attacking and give too much space for counterattack. I remember one of the Philadelphia away goals, a couple of the Seattle goals and also some of the bulls away; in all of those, we gave them too much space and they burnt our D.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Status
Not open for further replies.