DC United Postmatch

Ok lets give credit to hernandez and brillant they have been very good for most of this season and have improved every game. Kudos to them. Kudos to shelton for being more physical tonight and it was a big part of our success tonight. I hope he grows from here.

What can you say about mata? The guy is the best back in mls without question. He does everything.

Tommy mac ho hum usual tmac game. Great touch to villa on that goal.

This was by far saunders strongest game this season. The defense did a heck of job so saunders didnt face any shots but he looked composed in the air and was sure of himself which is very important for a keeper.

Overall much improved team so far. We deserve to have more points because frankly we have played better then most of the teams we faced this year but i like where we are going. Lets keep it up.

BRAVO! VIVA ! OLE, OLE
MARA- VILLA - SAMENTE a HUGE WIN in our nation's capital

We're one bad late set piece away vs Montreal from being top of the east... Let that sink in. As bad as we may have been we are right in this. Going to be a TOUGH 3 game stretch coming up. Time to see what this team is truly made of. Very glad to have taken these 3 points on the road. No analysis here, just fan girling....

Damn My Andrea Looked So Good!! The Hair was Perfect as usual !! Though i thought he should have got a free kick from the little pip squeak that caused him to tie his cleat!

Reactions: joe and NickA
Couldn't watch the game but I had a good feeling that we would pull this one off.

Notable that Villa's opening goal is once again the result of from TMac making a run and pulling it back. We now have three goals from that play this year.

People can criticize TMac's speed but not his awareness and positioning. He could have had a second assist on a similar play tonight too if Villa had buried it.

People can criticize TMac's speed but not his awareness and positioning. He could have had a second assist on a similar play tonight too if Villa had buried it.
TMac is sort of the playmaker I expected Mix to be. Might be amazing to have them both playing together and firing on all cylinders eventually.

The centerbacks were brillant;)

Bravo was great but he is just a red card waiting to happen.

Villa doing Villa things.

Mata's crossing today was awesome.

Gotta give Saunders props when it's due. He is real solid if you don't ask him to distribute the ball or do anything with his feet. Prob one of his best games for NYC today IMO.

The centerbacks were brillant;)

Bravo was great but he is just a red card waiting to happen.

Villa doing Villa things.

Mata's crossing today was awesome.

Gotta give Saunders props when it's due. He is real solid if you don't ask him to distribute the ball or do anything with his feet. Prob one of his best games for NYC today IMO.

Let's temper the Saunders kudos a bit, I mean DC had ZERO shots. But I will say that he looked comfortable with those air challenges which is a good sign.