Home 05/15 - Chicago

I thought the game was a blast. Red card sucked, but Allen got burned. Accam is a quick player, remember he almost stole the ball off Saunder's foot late in the game.

Wingert had a tough game. First half, all of those crosses and corners, and got beat a lot. The goal was tough because no one was set, but on the other set pieces he just got beat.

Villa and Mix's energy was great. I think they both responded well to last week's substituions.

Took this photo yesterday. I don't know why we don't have a "post pictures of NYCFC game" thread.
5dIjTAM.jpg

I get some people are frustrated with NYCFC's record and overall play thus far - and there is no defense to the proposition that it is pretty terrible right now - but for some perspective, check out the records of MLS 1st yr teams (not counting promoted teams like Seattle and Portland), and you will see that, save Chicago in 98 - which benefited from facing a whole league full of expansion teams - and Miami I in its first year, the rest of 'em were very bad to abysmal.

I also think the notion that Kreis should be on the hot seat for losing his job 11 games in is a bit premature. I don't think a first year coach/manager in any sport for a 1st year team should be in danger of losing their job a 1/3 of the way through the season.

Well fuck. I missed the game. Looks like I'm going to have to miss every fucking game so we can at least get a point.

LOL ,If that is what is going to take to win every game, then please stay home;)

had a blast at the game, but damn, security was tossing people like the Hulk

Talk about that! In the excitement of the win (1 point) I totally forgot about this. A female security ASKED ME If I belonged in the Delta section? I was not doing anything to deserve such question. I Huffily replied "Yes, otherwise why would I be here? "
Then she demanded to see my ticket. At this I mentally pondered if I should ask for her supervisor, but decided to be calm, maybe she was doing her job. Since I was applying lotion to my hands in that moment , I decided the best revenge was to make her wait and take my time to show it to her. I told her "I will show it to you as soon as I finish applying the cream on my hands"

Now I wonder if I was discriminated?

I thought the game was a blast. Red card sucked, but Allen got burned. Accam is a quick player, remember he almost stole the ball off Saunder's foot late in the game.

Wingert had a tough game. First half, all of those crosses and corners, and got beat a lot. The goal was tough because no one was set, but on the other set pieces he just got beat.

Villa and Mix's energy was great. I think they both responded well to last week's substituions.

Accam is tough. Chicago had him on the right to start and then, as soon as they saw Allen was at RB rather than LB, they switched. At least we know Allen won't be starting this week.

What do people think happened tactically during the first 25 minutes before the red? That was probably the worst we've played. Felt like we were getting overrun in the midfield and I actually found myself missing Grabavoy who, for all his faults, is, in my mind at least, pretty good and receiving the ball in traffic. It just seemed like nobody was sitting in the attacking midfield to take the ball.

After the red card, it was pretty much just a question of hoofing it up to Villa - not exactly the ideal target man. But, I agree, great work by both him and Mix to cover a ton of space when down to ten. And Villa getting the ball out of his feet and across to Shelton for the goal was class.

All in all, not a good game, but a great moment and, for a new team I'll take some of those even if the end results and performances are inconsistent.

Unfortunately, unless a CDM is our next Designated Player, I think Mix is destined to play a holding midfield role for us, which is fine. I think he's good there, but he's better in an attacking position.

I agree with the senitment that Villa's best spot on this team may be as an attacking midfielder, playing off of two strikers. He's the most creative player on the field and it may take some pressure off of him if you allow our other strikers to hold up play (Shelton does it well, Nemec does it well, and I've been surprised at how strong Mullins has been as a hold up player). Lampard slots in as a RM and some other crappy midfielder plays on the left.

RJ Allen embarasses me as a fan. He's a fake tough guy.

Took this photo yesterday. I don't know why we don't have a "post pictures of NYCFC game" thread.
5dIjTAM.jpg
Eh the whole point of a forum is for YOU to start discussions and engage with other members. So if you want to start a thread feel free.

Talk about that! In the excitement of the win (1 point) I totally forgot about this. A female security ASKED ME If I belonged in the Delta section? I was not doing anything to deserve such question. I Huffily replied "Yes, otherwise why would I be here? "
Then she demanded to see my ticket. At this I mentally pondered if I should ask for her supervisor, but decided to be calm, maybe she was doing her job. Since I was applying lotion to my hands in that moment , I decided the best revenge was to make her wait and take my time to show it to her. I told her "I will show it to you as soon as I finish applying the cream on my hands"

Now I wonder if I was discriminated?

Do you remember the person's name? This is BS because all she had to do was look at your wristband.

Reactions: JayH
WOOF. 35k viewers.

I blame that on the game being on UDN. If the match was on YES, it would be at least 50k. It makes no sense than an expansion team shouldn't be on its main network. We need to get consistent viewership coverage. A lot of our matches our on national tv (ESPN, FS1), but all other games should be on YES.

Also those UDN english announcers entice me to change the channel anytime the ball is in the box.

Reactions: ldent42 and Gavin23
I blame that on the game being on UDN. If the match was on YES, it would be at least 50k. It makes no sense than an expansion team shouldn't be on its main network. We need to get consistent viewership coverage. A lot of our matches our on national tv (ESPN, FS1), but all other games should be on YES.

Also those UDN english announcers entice me to change the channel anytime the ball is in the box.
The play by play guy is the absolute worst I've ever heard and Cagliari is nearly his equal as the color man.

It's inexcusable that they have people so bad. It makes me miss Chappy.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT