Home - October 23 - Toronto (Eastern Conference Semifinals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple wallet worked for me last season but not at all this year. I informed my rep. And got a response that tells me the organization doesn’t care to find out how to make it work.
Shit like this pisses me off. Since they know we are a semi-fan base and there is no stadium in sight... Why not create and nourish a FO with amazing customer service. Their budget is aligned with making deals with companies it seems. I haven't seen the benefits yet.

My worry is that if it goes to penalties, Johnson must pull out a couple of saves, because Maxi would definitely be one of the penalty takers.

I'm quite confident about Mitrita, Heber and Medina, maybe Castellanos... who else? Tinnerholm?

My worry is that if it goes to penalties, Johnson must pull out a couple of saves, because Maxi would definitely be one of the penalty takers.

I'm quite confident about Mitrita, Heber and Medina, maybe Castellanos... who else? Tinnerholm?
Medina, yes - but hopefully he won't be on the field. I am totally on board with Tinny taking one.

And yeah, Maxi shouldn't be taking our PK's, but he would definitely be one of our 5. I'd slot him second behind Mitri or Heber. Give him a less pressure situation with our first hopefully already buried.

If you had that video on mute, you could interpret that video to be a hype video FOR TFC... i mean, it ends with "WEDNESDAY - BE THERE, BE CANADIAN" and all the NY steams have STINK or LOST IN THE PLAYOFFS on them.

We have to sit either Sands, Parks or Isi. I like 3 in the back, so that gives us Sands. I think we should have more of an attacking lineup at home, so that means Maxi plays in the midfield with Isi at RW and Parks sits.

It’s a tough choice no matter how you go since those are all really good players. In the end, personnel and formation are going to also be dictated by things like being able to properly pressure Bradley so he can’t make line breaking passes, and setting up to pin back their wingers and fullbacks.

Having parks in the midfield gives us a lot more flexibility going forward. Yes, we're at home so we want to attack, but if we can't get the ball cleanly to our forwards then we won't be able to effectively do that. Sands in the back gives us much more freedom going up the wings, but Parks in the middle give us a lot more ability to go up the middle. Isi gives us a great threat going forward but isn't as critical as the other two. The thing with Sands sitting out is we have been very successful playing without him and there's a bit of chemistry and flow there. That brings in Parks, which is part of all that. Isi is kind of a bonus as a 1v1 threat up top with a potential banger and mostly great corners/free kicks with his left foot (granted mitri will probably take most of the ones in the front portion of the 18). All three are probably not 90 minute match fit. It'll be a tough decision. But if we are putting out our BEST XI and trying to keep the rhythm and form of our season, I think we have to sit Sands.

That's how I look at it. Dome may think differently. I guess we shall see in about 8 hours... THE HYPE IS REAL!

You should be able to just click “tickets in hand” box and digitally transfer them after sale.
The issue was that when I went to the standalone StubHub app the only option I was given was to upload PDFs. But using StubHub *through* the NYCFC app allowed me, as is usual, to say the tickets are "ready to transfer" and proceed as normal.

Reactions: Kjbert
Thinking about the big question for tonight.

Will Toronto start Altidore and Gonzalez?

I have to believe the answer is "yes". If there is any chance they can go, Toronto will ride them for whatever they're worth. They aren't going to leave these guys locked on the bench if they can at least make a credible effort. This is the playoffs - and the toughest game they will have outside the championship. There is no tomorrow.

The bigger questions will be how well those guys can play and how long they can go.

The issue was that when I went to the standalone StubHub app the only option I was given was to upload PDFs. But using StubHub *through* the NYCFC app allowed me, as is usual, to say the tickets are "ready to transfer" and proceed as normal.

Weird. I use the standalone app/site.

giphy.gif

Thinking about the big question for tonight.

Will Toronto start Altidore and Gonzalez?

I have to believe the answer is "yes". If there is any chance they can go, Toronto will ride them for whatever they're worth. They aren't going to leave these guys locked on the bench if they can at least make a credible effort. This is the playoffs - and the toughest game they will have outside the championship. There is no tomorrow.

The bigger questions will be how well those guys can play and how long they can go.
FWIW

Of course this doesn’t actually mean Jozy didn’t travel.

All reports are that Jozy was on the flight and his fiance took a private plane from Toronto to NY. Wouldn't see why she would do that unless Jozy traveled with the team.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Status
Not open for further replies.