Home - RBNJ 7/03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick Vieira should have made a point of it in interviews this week specifically focusing on fouls by Lloyd Sam et al in the last game. Make it such an issue that there's no way the refs can turn a blind eye without looking inept. It's worked before in the NFL and NCAA where coaches have highlighted tactics by cornerbacks & offensive linemen and come gametime, the player is flagged every time it's even close.

I want to see a yellow if a RB player even breathes hard on Pirlo/Lamps/Iraola. And as awful as this may sound, I have a feeling RB is going to target Pirlo in light of his current emotional state because they'll figure he's the easiest right now to knock off his game. I want the refs to especially protect him from the abuse.

Pirlo is one of the most composed players that has every played the game. To think that his emotional state will compromise his gameplay or that the Red Bulls will be targeting him for fouls because of his emotional state is asinine.

Sorry but this isn't true.

If you are going off announced attendance, where every team tacks on 0's, then you have a point.

But the fact is there at far less butts in seats at the stadium this season.

Announced attendances are only 200 off from this time last season, we saw a big boost after the Red Bulls game last year, averaging over 29,000 over the rest of the season.

The key word though is official because what I see on the scoreboard doesn't seem to reflect what I see in the stands.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
  • Alcohol will not be sold inside Yankee Stadium until 12:00 PM, as per state law

Dude take off the tin foil hat and get over the reffing. You still won't let it go. You're embarrassing yourself at this point with this "MMA" talk.
Ha, I'm not sure I'd ever be embarrassed to say something when critiqued by a neophyte like yourself. You're the noob that said the tackle on Pirlo during the last game was much ado about nothing:

Oh please. Career ender?
He got scraped with studs on the knee. It had to hurt, but to call it a potential career-ender is silly.

And then nearly every other post that followed in the thread refuted the silliness you typed.

By all means be part of the Forum community, the more discussion the better, but take a look in the mirror before telling somebody else they're embarrassing themselves otherwise you may just be the Emperor with new clothes.

Pirlo is one of the most composed players that has every played the game. To think that his emotional state will compromise his gameplay or that the Red Bulls will be targeting him for fouls because of his emotional state is asinine.
Asinine? Really? You're a psychologist? Death affects people in many different ways, especially when it's a family member and a child. I hope Pirlo's able to focus, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's not stone-cold dialed in on the match. You're also fooling yourself if you don't think RB hasn't discussed the possibility that they could get under his skin. But yeah, it's asinine.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
One sleep (which in my old ass case is going to start in about an hour) until game day.
You could stay up all night until the game watching you-tube replays of our best matches.... err.... uh.... my mistake... there may not be enough to see you through the night....

Ha, I'm not sure I'd ever be embarrassed to say something when critiqued by a neophyte like yourself. You're the noob that said the tackle on Pirlo during the last game was much ado about nothing:

And then nearly every other post that followed in the thread refuted the silliness you typed.

By all means be part of the Forum community, the more discussion the better, but take a look in the mirror before telling somebody else they're embarrassing themselves otherwise you may just be the Emperor with new clothes.
Not going to argue a two month old tackle that you and only you thought was a career ender.

The bottom line is you have been sour grapes over the 7-0 game for months. We have to move on at some point.

Not going to argue a two month old tackle that you and only you thought was a career ender.

The bottom line is you have been sour grapes over the 7-0 game for months. We have to move on at some point.
What is the story behind your handle? Are you an nycfc fan?

You could stay up all night until the game watching you-tube replays of our best matches.... err.... uh.... my mistake... there may not be enough to see you through the night....

If you watched the condensed games on MLS Live, which are abut 28 minutes each, that's about 8 hours of coverage for all our 2016 games.

He's a troll, plain and simple. Do a search of his posts and every single one is negative. He doesn't add a single thing to the forum. Zilch.

Yes.

The story behind my handle is that I'm tired of hearing people say NY is Red, so I put the ??? in there. The ??? is supposed to mean that we have two MLS teams now and just a small sample size of games doesn't prove one is completely better than the other.

Agreed.

Andrea has played in so many big games before and has had such a long career that he has probably heard everything that could be said on the pitch.

If it was a guy like Harrison who hasn't been around the block as much I could see it being a factor. But Pirlo I can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.