MLS - May 11 - Toronto (Away)

There's another clip which starts right before this. It's tough to make out, but it looks like Owusu got into it with Cushing, then as Nick was walking away Tanasajevic jumped in to have his back. Keaton had Strahinja's back. Sean John had Prince's back, and then Strahinja and Johnson got into it because of course they did (the guys who have the guys' backs always seem to get into it worse with each other than the guys who got into it in the first place) and Owusu then had Sean John's back while Keaton was trying to get back into it.

Let me ... (counts fingers one, two ... ) ... yeah, something like that. I think.

Meanwhile, as Nick continued to walk away, Herdman FY'd him and bodied him up anyway.

Can't wait to hear the story.

Reactions: JayH
There's another clip which starts right before this. It's tough to make out, but it looks like Owusu got into it with Cushing, then as Nick was walking away Tanasajevic jumped in to have his back. Keaton had Strahinja's back. Sean John had Prince's back, and then Strahinja and Johnson got into it because of course they did (the guys who have the guys' backs always seem to get into it worse with each other than the guys who got into it in the first place) and Owusu then had Sean John's back while Keaton was trying to get back into it.

Let me ... (counts fingers one, two ... ) ... yeah, something like that. I think.

Meanwhile, as Nick continued to walk away, Herdman FY'd him and bodied him up anyway.

Can't wait to hear the story.

It's very concerning that Sean got so mad. I lived in Chicago during Sean's time with the fire, moved to NYC, got season tickets for NYCFC, and a year later Sean showed up with NYCFC. Needless to say, I have watched a ton of Sean Johnson games. I have never seen him do anything in a fight other than be the calm head who tried to de-escalate things.

I may be over-analyzing the video but I also find it concerning that Parks flips from pointing and shouting right alongside Tanasajevic into okay everyone settle down mode at nearly the exact moment Sean seems to get super pissed.

Tanasijevic was at my table at that gala in early March. His English was… pretty rudimentary let’s say, but he was vey soft spoken and chill.

Looks like Tana might have head butted SJ during the scuffle
That's what I saw, too. After that, it was on. Sean John wanted a piece of the Ninja no matter what.

But I'm pretty sure Prince Owusu mouthing off to Cushing is what got it cooking. And since Herdman went after Nick himself, it tells me they were just looking for a fight.

They found one.

Blue Balls said on Twitter that there may have been a knee to the tenders from Tanisijevic to SJ

Reactions: canchon
If the choice is a headbutt vs. saying something that would set SJ off that much, a headbutt would honestly be a relief.
This would be ideal, but this does feel like we will hear something akin the FC Cincinnati coach and Tavyon Gray last season. This year by Wednesday, the TFC coach will say “with what happeneded/said I am proud of my players and how they refrained as best as they could.” I hope I am wrong

Impressed with Perea and Wolf tonight. That was by far Wolf's best game for us. Perea plays like a true 8, charging forward to join the attack and running back to dive into tackles in defense. Parks is a talented player and he's been great for us in the past but his style of casually floating around the pitch looking for little pockets and interceptions doesn't fit as well on this current team as Perea's more direct style.

Perea's style just makes things simpler, Wolf was able to be much more aggressive next to him knowing that he was going to charge forward too, and create an overload. As opposed to playing with Keaton where guys aren't sure if they should be charging forward or staying in the midfield to support Keaton and Sands as they try to casually dance the ball upfield.

So he is saying the nick punched a 19 yo in the face? Back at the Yankee stadium game? Why is this not considered a big deal when it would haven happened?

Something doesn't pass the smell test here. If Cushing punched a player in the face in the tunnel at Yankee Stadium, it should have been reported to the league and an investigation made. If proven, he should be punished, because that kind of behavior is inexcusable.

Why didn't TFC report this? Surely there are cameras throughout the tunnels in the Stadium.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
So he is saying the nick punched a 19 yo in the face? Back at the Yankee stadium game? Why is this not considered a big deal when it would haven happened?

David Lee somewhere going why do they care so much that the player is 19 player and player am I right?

Ok but that doesn’t explain Johnson going wild like that. There was a scuffle in halftime before they went into locker rooms in march. So it was heated already. Did Cushing say something then? Maybe. I just feel it’s damn serious need to say something then.
They mention the headbutt so that explains the reaction as well

Something doesn't pass the smell test here. If Cushing punched a player in the face in the tunnel at Yankee Stadium, it should have been reported to the league and an investigation made. If proven, he should be punished, because that kind of behavior is inexcusable.

Why didn't TFC report this? Surely there are cameras throughout the tunnels in the Stadium.
That's why I'm pissed. It's total bullshit. Herdman and Osorio must be talking about Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty. He's the 19-year-old. He played 89 minutes in the game in March (and scored, by the way).

Does anyone really think a head coach could pop a player in the face at halftime of a live game and no one would hear anything about it until two months later? If it really happened, why didn't Toronto do something about it right away? They're the kind of guys who won't protect their teenage teammate?

I think Osorio let the truth slip accidentally in the presser: they lost their cool. The ref let the game get out of control, especially when he didn't card Rosted for taking out Malachi, TFC thought they had carte blanche to boss us around, they couldn't do it and lost, and they didn't take it well. At all.

Now they're telling tales to justify their punk ass behavior.

Put up your dukes. Lemme at 'em ... 🥊

That's why I'm pissed. It's total bullshit. Herdman and Osorio must be talking about Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty. He's the 19-year-old. He played 89 minutes in the game in March (and scored, by the way).

Does anyone really think a head coach could pop a player in the face at halftime of a live game and no one would hear anything about it until two months later? If it really happened, why didn't Toronto do something about it right away? They're the kind of guys who won't protect their teenage teammate?

I think Osorio let the truth slip accidentally in the presser: they lost their cool. The ref let the game get out of control, especially when he didn't card Rosted for taking out Malachi, TFC thought they had carte blanche to boss us around, they couldn't do it and lost, and they didn't take it well. At all.

Now they're telling tales to justify their punk ass behavior.

Put up your dukes. Lemme at 'em ... 🥊

It was also very soft when the next reporter followed up and they both went "Well that's what we were told when we got to the locker room." You're the captain and the head coach of a team and the best you can do is you know people are saying this happened.

It was also very soft when the next reporter followed up and they both went "Well that's what we were told when we got to the locker room." You're the captain and the head coach of a team and the best you can do is you know people are saying this happened.
From the quick hit in The Athletic:
“Their coach talks and says things to certain players that crosses the line,” Osorio said. “When we hear their coach and three players cornered a 19-year-old of ours by himself, that’s going to be a problem. We were just letting them know we didn’t forget about that.”
Really now. Three players, too? Which three players? And if you're going to let us know you didn't forget about it now, why didn't you let us know how you felt about it then? You could have started the exact same fight after that game.

It's a lie. And it's disgraceful.