Motm And Postgame - Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially...yes. You simply do not start a player who you know with certainty does not have the legs under him. Poku is a better player, but when you know you have to commit an early substitution to him, he is no longer a better choice, especially when he was not nearly as impressive last week playing against fresh legs. If you are a Yankee fan, were you pressing Joe Torre to put Mariano into the starting rotation all those years?
Give him time to get in shape and then we can consider starting him every week, until then, let's enjoy him as a super-sub.

This argument would be fine if your applying to the other players on our team...which clearly your not doing. One thing is to argue Poku has fitness issues...another is to say others on the team dont...Highlighting Pokus supposed flaws and ignoring others is bullshit. Kreis constantly makes a point of doing this.

In the end I rather give minutes to our young talent with athleticism and potential on their side then washed up old "MLS veterans"

Villa actually played full out tonight. He even had a defensive header covering for a fullback. I have shit on him, so it's only fair to credit his good play. He was good tonight.

But Kreis needs to demand his mom buy him a real woman's bra. If the man ever had a pair, they are so far receded he hasn't seen them in decades.

Reactions: Gavin23 and Kjbert
Villa actually played full out tonight. He even had a defensive header covering for a fullback. I have shit on him, so it's only fair to credit his good play. He was good tonight.

But Kreis needs to demand his mom buy him a real woman's bra. If the man ever had a pair, they are so far receded he hasn't seen them in decades.
Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan , what was your take on grabavoy. Please include a comment on his hair in your answer

Reactions: Gavin23
Anyone else wondering about our goal celebrations? It could be that we just aren't used to scoring but with great teams you generally see 5-7 guys huddled together for the goal celebration after every goal. We never seem to have more than 2-3.

Those big goal celebrations also tend to indicate a team where everyone is excited for the goal and for one another. It would be nice to see.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
Finally my man gets the goal! I watched him in that pre season tourney and saw something different about him. The guy just has a nack (knack?) for the game. Really nice to see. Now if we can only get him on a one time switch to the USMNT when he becomes an absolute monster

Poku's celebration was a little awkward, I agree. But the celebration of the second goal was a thing of beauty. Made me think of that iconic Messi/Neymar/Suarez celebration from a couple months back.

Dumb question: how are we above Colorado? We both have 14 pts but they have a game in hand and a better goal difference than we do
We have more wins than they do, which is the first tie breaker.

Here's the list:
  • TEAM-STANDINGS TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES
    The team awarded the highest position in the MLS standings will be the team with the greatest number of points (three points for a win, one point for a tie, zero points for a loss). In the event that two teams finish the regular season with an equal number of points, the following system will be used to break the tie:

Total number of wins
    Goal Differential (GD)
    Goals For (GF)
    Fewest Disciplinary Points
    Road Goals Differential
    Road Goal For
    Home Goals Differential
    Home Goal For
    Coin Toss (2 clubs) or Drawing of Lots (3 or more)

When two or more teams are tied in the standings on points, the above tiebreakers will be used until one team ranks ahead of the other(s).​
Source: http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/competition-rules-and-regulations

Here's the list:
    The team awarded the highest position in the MLS standings will be the team with the greatest number of points (three points for a win, one point for a tie, zero points for a loss). In the event that two teams finish the regular season with an equal number of points, the following system will be used to break the tie:

Total number of wins
    Goal Differential (GD)
    Goals For (GF)
    Road Goals Differential
    Road Goal For
    Home Goals Differential
    Home Goal For

When two or more teams are tied in the standings on points, the above tiebreakers will be used until one team ranks ahead of the other(s).​
What is a disciplinary point? Card accumulation?

This following a new team from inception experience is really unique and incredible. The excitement for an early regular season win feels like it is multiplied exponentially.

What is a disciplinary point? Card accumulation?
It's a little complicated. Not 100% sure this is current, but from 2012 the rules were:

Disciplinary Point System:
Fouls Committed – 1 point per foul
First Yellow Card – 3 points
Second Yellow Card (resulting in a Red Card) – 5 points
Straight Red Card – 6 points
Disciplinary Committee suspension – 6 points
  • If a player receives a First Yellow Card and then a Second Yellow Card the total points accrued will be 5 points (rather than 8 points)
  • If a player receives a First Yellow Card and then a Straight Red Card the total points accrued will be 9 points (6+3)
  • If a player receives a First Yellow Card and then Disciplinary Committee sanctions the total points accrued will be 6 points (rather than 9 points)
  • If a player receives a Straight Red Card and Disciplinary Committee sanctions then the total points accrued will be 6 points.
Note: The team totals above will be updated each Monday afternoon, but only through the previous week's games, not the most recent weekend. Each game must be reviewed and verified, and any Disciplinary Committee actions incorporated, before the new totals are posted.

Source: http://www.mlssoccer.com/stats/disciplinary-points/2012

Current "standings" (as of June 3): http://www.mlssoccer.com/stats/disciplinary-points/2015

Reactions: SFphoto and 413Blue
these 3 scored 3 for 3 points

Tb19rNm.jpg

Villa and Mix and Poku........OH MY!

I can't add a thing to what has already been said, but damn, what a freakin' match. It was only the 3rd time I've seen them at the stadium, but by far the most exciting. My voice is hoarse this morning from yelling like a mental patient.

I couldn't believe the magic Villa brought to the field last night. Of course it goes without saying I put the horns on the man when I told my son during halftime he'd hit the back of the net 2 more times before the end of the match. meh, what else is new?

I hope all that talk about bringing in 5 or 6 new players next month in bs. Unless there's some extraordinary talent involved it doesn't make sense. It looks as if it took 15 games or so for the present squad to mesh somewhat, so what happens to continuity (no matter how small it may be at the moment) with major major changes like that?

Reactions: PB3

Here's the list:

Total number of wins
    Goal Differential (GD)
    Goals For (GF)
    Road Goals Differential
    Road Goal For
    Home Goals Differential
    Home Goal For

Drawing of lots? It's not Jesus's garments!

Reactions: Paul
Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan , what was your take on grabavoy. Please include a comment on his hair in your answer
If I remember correctly, he took up a spot in our 11 we are allowed on the pitch.

I've heard some people mistake Mix and Grabavoy. If you can't tell the difference between Mix's hair and Grabavoy's, then we probably wouldn't be friends.

I want to give myself an honorable mention for man of the Matchday. Despite drinking 2 bottles of wine in the park, I managed to not fall in the stadium, lead my section in multiple songs and also stay up until the fucking penalty kick ending of the U.S. vs Serbia.

I also got my drunk ass friend from Dallas home with his sunglasses being the only casualty. All in all, it was an all star caliber performance for a man whose better days were rumored to have passed. Those observing could easily see I was calling on something deep inside to maintain that extra strong buzz without getting *too* sloppy.

And to cap it all off with some frozen Trader Joe's lamb vindaloo? Well, who would have expected that. Georgie Best in his prime performance, straight out of the top drawer. I'm putting it back there until our RBNJ takedown.

I truly hope that as I type this, the entire squad is out on the training pitch practicing corner kicks. We have been taking them horribly, and could improve our defending as well. This should be the primary focus in training for the next few days.

It might have been a 4-1-4-1 when Poku came in. But Poku was clearly pressing up top with Villa (with no other help).

Unless this is just another sign of Poku not having any fitness and just hanging out in the backfield.

I hope all that talk about bringing in 5 or 6 new players next month in bs. Unless there's some extraordinary talent involved it doesn't make sense. It looks as if it took 15 games or so for the present squad to mesh somewhat, so what happens to continuity (no matter how small it may be at the moment) with major major changes like that?
I understand your point about them meshing now. But these have been 2 games against bottom of the league. Yes meshing takes time. But perfect mesh with bottom talent will never compete against top of the league.

Let's bring in talent now. If they mesh quickly enough for a playoff run, great. If not we are miles ahead for next year.

Certainly the likes of Iraola and Pirlo will be massive upgrades even while they are still learning to mesh with their new teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.