NYCFC travel to Mexico to face Liga MX side, Club Necaxa on October 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone made a list of who we even have available between injuries and international duty?

Do we even have 18 guys?

Villa, Harrison, Shelton, TMac, Mix, Pirlo, Lopez, Ballouchy, Iraola, Bravo, RJ, Martinez, Brillant, Mena, White, Saunders, Lurch, Rawls.

That's 18 with 3 goalies. Am I missing anyone? Is there anyone else we can bring - a trialist? Someone at Wilmington?

Reactions: Kjbert
Has anyone made a list of who we even have available between injuries and international duty?

Do we even have 18 guys?

Villa, Harrison, Shelton, TMac, Mix, Pirlo, Lopez, Ballouchy, Iraola, Bravo, RJ, Martinez, Brillant, Mena, White, Saunders, Lurch, Rawls.

That's 18 with 3 goalies. Am I missing anyone? Is there anyone else we can bring - a trialist? Someone at Wilmington?
You are missing Matarrita, Taylor, and Hernandez

You are missing Matarrita, Taylor, and Hernandez

Umm, they're all serving international duty. Matarrita for Costa Rica, Taylor for Panama, and Hernandez for Puerto Rico.

If you're going to comment on a post, read all of the post. That's a yellow card caution from the NYCFC Forums Disciplinary Committee.

Do we even have 18 guys?

We can definitely throw on a trialist or two. There's been a few during the season, but none made more than a brief appearance and by the time I found out about it they were already gone.

We've had some guys from Wilmington train with us in the past so maybe.

Reactions: Kjbert
Umm, they're all serving international duty. Matarrita for Costa Rica, Taylor for Panama, and Hernandez for Puerto Rico.

If you're going to comment on a post, read all of the post. That's a yellow card caution from the NYCFC Forums Disciplinary Committee.
I completely read over the international duty part and forgot about that.

I'll be treading lightly so as not to earn another yellow, haha. When is the 90' minutes up so I can get back to firing from the hip?

So here's that great scoop I was holding off on...

I got a call last week from Ryan Davenport who runs premium services at NYCFC. For the game in Mexico they're offering a premium travel package. I'm not doing it because of the dates but I'll just post this for entertainment purposes. They said it's a short list of people they're offering this to, likely Pitchside seat holders and Suite holders. So, for your enjoyment:

- Thursday morning chauffeur car service from your home to the airport
- Fly on the team plane to Mexico
- Included merchandise galore including a custom jersey
- Stay in the team hotel (possibly with all meals included)
- Transportation in Mexico covered by the team
- Attend a team practice in Mexico
- Prematch tour of the stadium
- Dinner with Patricof during the trip
- Catered suite experience prematch (like Legends Suits at Yankee Stadium) then seats right next to the NYCFC bench
- Fly back on the team plane Saturday night.

This is basically out of the playbook for US Soccer for their Patrons experience, less traveling on the team plane, which I think is the coolest part.

Another reason I'm not doing this is the cost, $4K per person (and maybe security, though that's probably not an issue and I'm just paranoid about US foreign relations). I'm spending that money on the playoff tickets. Maybe next season during the Champions League.

"Eirik Johansen trained with the possible starters for most of training. The match kicks off at 9:30 pm Friday evening on YES."

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/nycfc-embracing-role-as-ambassadors-for-friendly-54250/
Nice. He's definitely one of the great unknowns. I'm not as harsh on Saunders as some, but its hard to imagine the team not looking in a different direction next year. One of the great points of fascination for me is whether they view EJ as a credible starter or not. I can speculate based on some bits of data, but have no real sense of whether he is actually any good.

Nice. He's definitely one of the great unknowns. I'm not as harsh on Saunders as some, but its hard to imagine the team not looking in a different direction next year. One of the great points of fascination for me is whether they view EJ as a credible starter or not. I can speculate based on some bits of data, but have no real sense of whether he is actually any good.

will it be fair to him though? hes only been in two competitive matches the rest are friendlies. i do want to give him the benefit of the doubt though

EJ can really only be evaluated fairly if he's playing the match with the starters. If they pull Villa and Pirlo after an obligatory 20min, and then some of the others, it's going to be tough to gauge his ability if the score goes south with the 2nd team guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.