Nycfc V Chicago Fire - Player Ratings Motm

Who watches our matches? How do you guys vote Saunders so high? Or Villa? He was not a real factor tonight. 5 at best for me.

Reactions: einwindir
Who watches our matches? How do you guys vote Saunders so high? Or Villa? He was not a real factor tonight. 5 at best for me.
Both got a 5 from me. The fact that 2 slipped passed Saunders was reason enough for that. While Villa had a little hustle in him tonight, his primary job is to score goals...of which he didn't do. For me 5 is the highest you get if you didn't complete your primary function on the team.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Both got a 5 from me. The fact that 2 slipped passed Saunders was reason enough for that. While Villa had a little hustle in him tonight, his primary job is to score goals...of which he didn't do. For me 5 is the highest you get if you didn't complete your primary function on the team.
He was one on one with Johnson. If it were Jozy pulling that at SAFC, r/soccer would have gone ape shit on him.

Saunders distribution is piss poor.

We really had no one who played really well. Mix busted his ass. Villa did too. Mullins even more so than either if them.

Balllouchy got a goal, but by god, he truly can not see a pass. He's a black hole of worthless touches.

Admittedly, Villa was on the end farthest from me the second half, but everyone in my section was cursing him for the first 55 minutes or so.

Villa is extremely technical, does the right passes almost every time and passes that help set up attacks. He got an assist, was boxing out extremely well for us, got a corner kick as well. Also made a nice defensive play off of a free kick from firing range. Don't sleep on the little things Villa does. He didn't score 5 goals but he got an assist and gave us chances.

Saunders should probably score lower since he should have saved the first goal (though he made several other good saves) but Villa was strong. Yes, he blew one solid chance but he set up both our goals. His hustle was great the whole game too. I understand seeing the game through shit-colored glasses after our terrible first half today but if you doubt Villa's ability or drive after that game I don't know what to say.

Saunders should probably score lower since he should have saved the first goal (though he made several other good saves) but Villa was strong. Yes, he blew one solid chance but he set up both our goals. His hustle was great the whole game too. I understand seeing the game through shit-colored glasses after our terrible first half today but if you doubt Villa's ability or drive after that game I don't know what to say.
Can't disagree with any of that. But I think Villa is getting a point bump based on name.

One thing I've noticed now that I have a team I watch live regularly is that how I would rate people changes dramatically based in whether I watch the game in stadium or on TV. Nothing to do with Villa this game, but take Ballouchy. If you're not there to see all the shit he doesn't do, you might wrongly think he is decent. He is no where near decent.

And if you're only seeing TV angles, there's no way you could see how much Mix worked his ass off. Same for Mullins.

I'll defend a 7 average for Villa on the grounds that he was the primary creator for both goals, and probably deserves more credit than either goal scorer. Ballouchy simply got into position for a rebound, which isn't nothing but it's less than what Villa did, and Khiry's shot was weak. Villa fought through 3 defenders to get that assist. Plus his attitude and passion were much improved. Maybe I'm grading on a curve, but my understanding is 6 is basically average and I thought his performance was one notch above average. That he scored 7.10 means some folks graded him an 8 which is a stretch. A specific average of 6.7 or 6.8 might be more fine tuned, but about 7 seems right.
I can't defend Saunders' 7, however. I gave him a 6 which was clouded by my good feelings of our late result. In morning's light I grade him a 5.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
A suggestion for the Voopl Voopl people. I think if you start and get a red card you should automatically be eligible for rating, no matter how short your playing time was.

ETA: I realize the coding for that is probably more complicated than going by minutes, and I don't even know if there's a data feed that will automatically input red card info. So if that cannot be done I understand, but if it's possible I think it's a good idea.

Last edited:
I'll defend a 7 average for Villa on the grounds that he was the primary creator for both goals, and probably deserves more credit than either goal scorer. Ballouchy simply got into position for a rebound, which isn't nothing but it's less than what Villa did, and Khiry's shot was weak. Villa fought through 3 defenders to get that assist. Plus his attitude and passion were much improved. Maybe I'm grading on a curve, but my understanding is 6 is basically average and I thought his performance was one notch above average. That he scored 7.10 means some folks graded him an 8 which is a stretch. A specific average of 6.7 or 6.8 might be more fine tuned, but about 7 seems right.
I can't defend Saunders' 7, however. I gave him a 6 which was clouded by my good feelings of our late result. In morning's light I grade him a 5.
I just couldn't give him that due to said missed one-on-one. Goal opportunities that clear cut are rare for us.

Reactions: mgarbowski
A suggestion for the Voopl Voopl people. I think if you start and get a red card you should automatically be eligible for rating, no matter how short your playing time was.

ETA: I realize the coding for that is probably more complicated than going by minutes, and I don't even know if there's a data feed that will automatically input red card info. So if that cannot be done I understand, but if it's possible I think it's a good idea.

Well, it's always the same problem. We had a match for Milan with a red card after 2mns. Referee made a mistake, it was not even a red card. How are you going to rate the players performance ?

For now we think the "must play 30mn" solution is the less problematic.

It isn't even noon the next day and voting is closed?

I was told the voting closes after 4-5 hours. I can extend it if you want. Up to your admin/members to change it.

It isn't even noon the next day and voting is closed?
Most of the time MOTM is decided before the match is even over.
We have a 4 hour window. Emails get sent out and it's EASY to vote even on a phone. I think it's more than enough time.

I just saw the clip of the Shelton goal. I'd give Villa a six now. From my seats, it looked like he just took on three people, had it poked away and it slipped through. It was actually a great pass. Sorry, Dave. Hope you get over me shorting you a point on Voopl. Buy yourself something nice.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Shelton's goal is up for GOTW. Villa's assist on it was beautiful. He was sandwiched between 2 defenders and slipped out of it and was in a circle of 6 Fire players when he put a pass right on Shelton's foot. For that alone he gets at least a 7.

I just wanted to let you know there was a major update on Voopl.

You can now access your profile (by clicking on your email, top right on the menu), the game history and player stats within the plugin in the forum.

You also can see your global voopl index, your rank within your team and your global rank on the platform (You need at least 2 votes for that) directly from your profile.

Cheers.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I just wanted to let you know there was a major update on Voopl.

You can now access your profile (by clicking on your email, top right on the menu), the game history and player stats within the plugin in the forum.

You also can see your global voopl index, your rank within your team and your global rank on the platform (You need at least 2 votes for that) directly from your profile.

Cheers.

I just wanted to let you know you can continue to expect plenty of 3-4s from me regarding our team. We look like a junior high girls team most of the time. Thanks for giving me a place to vote my conscience.

You should offer a management and ownership rating, too.

Reactions: Paul