Nycfc V Montreal Motm And Post-game

Ohhhhh, ok. Damn. Did you take off right after the game?
Not exactly, we were staying at my mother's in laws place so we spent the night there and left Sunday afternoon. Traffic was a motherfucker because of a major road blocked due to fireworks.

Credit where credit is due and credit goes to David Villa, 2 great goals and ultimately the difference between 3 points and none. Mullins with the assist on the first and some more scrappy foul drawing in the offensive zone and well, foul earning too. It was a good hard foul though, kinda like the cheap shots you give in FIFA 15, and if you're going to pick up your first yellow then better that than encroachment...time wasting...

11701025_10153449863338887_1908712305280392749_n.jpg

MLS Team of the Week.

Where is Sebastian Velasquez? Is he still part of the club or what?

Good question, I wonder too. I met his girlfriend by chance at YS we were both standing on line to buy food. It would be good to see what he can add to the team.

Interesting stats from whoscored.com (won't be interestign after most of these guys are gone or safely on the bench)

Villa rated 8.92, McNamara lowest at 6.27

Villa had 3 key passes to 1 for the team (mullins on the goal) to go with his team leading 2 shots and 2 shots on frame

Poku led the team by winning 3 dribbles

KWS had 8 interceptions and 10 clearances (facey had 4 and 8) combined with 5 aerials won, KWS had a better game than anyone is giving him credit for.

Jacobson had 7 interceptions and 5 clearances.

Saunders accurate on 11/34 long balls (bush 7/10 in comparison) passing percentage 34.3% (bush had 87% accuracy)

For those who know about my posts, I always say that Mix will record a hat trick. However, Mix wasn't able to play during this game because of Gold Cup duty. However, also in Canada, the other number 10 for US soccer scored a hat trick a day later. Carli Lloyd #10 USWNT. So by association, I finally got it right. ÉL HAT TRICK!

Last edited: