NYCFC v Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, whoever runs the numbers at Fantasy MLS doesn't like our chances tonight. Impact defenders Victor Cabrera and Laurent Ciman top the list of "expected points" for the next round, with 13 each.

Playoff picture? Already? Let's look at the numbers!

NYCFC currently have a 36% chance of making the playoffs. If we win it jumps to 43.8% if we lose it drops to 27.4% a draw puts us at 32.3%
I presume you're getting that from here, unless you have an alternative source that has the same current percentage:
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/NYCFC.html

FWIW, there is an alternative site that has NYCFC's playoff odds at 47%
http://playoffstatus.com/mls/easternstandings.html

Last edited:
Reactions: NYCFCfan
Well, I'll be at the game tonight with my NYCFC socks. Let's a get a long overdue win!
And I finally remembered to bring a scarf so we should definitely win tonight. Sorry for forgetting one for so many matches in a row.

Reactions: gbservis
And I finally remembered to bring a scarf so we should definitely win tonight. Sorry for forgetting one for so many matches in a row.
Don't be too hard on yourself, LionNYC sometimes wears multiple scarfs as part of his supporter mojo experiment, so he had you covered.

Reactions: Seth
Don't be too hard on yourself, LionNYC sometimes wears multiple scarfs as part of his supporter mojo experiment, so he had you covered.
Ulrich may forgive but if we win tonight I know who I'm blaming for our bad start.

Reactions: Seth
A nice 55 degree night. Perfect jeans and a sweatshirt weather. One of the nice things about the cooler games we've had earlier this year is that the heat doesn't warm your beer like in July. Ice cold throughout.

Gotta take the points today - because it looks like Vancouver is also playing tonight at Home and then has to travel tomorrow (or maybe Friday) for our game Saturday. We couldn't ask for a better setup for Saturday's game with their hopefully travel-laden heavy-legs.

I doubt we see Drogba start this one after he played his first full match on Saturday and the Impact have a home match (would be Drogba's first of the season) this weekend. If I were Mauro Biello I'd set up the team in a defensive posture, as most visiting teams have at Yankee Stadium this season, and I'd utilize Oduro on the counter -- he's one of the best/quickest counter attackers in the league. I predict another frustrating night for the Celestes if we can't finish a couple of our chances.

Looking out my office window at the now blue sky, and getting game day antsy which means I am likely going to end up inside the stadium way too early. If any folks end up in the same boat and want to grab an in-stadium beer, reply to this when you get in and maybe we can manage an informal meet up.

Looking out my office window at the now blue sky, and getting game day antsy which means I am likely going to end up inside the stadium way too early. If any folks end up in the same boat and want to grab an in-stadium beer, reply to this when you get in and maybe we can manage an informal meet up.
I will probably be early also and meeting up with friends. If there is an established spot, let me know and I will try and meet up and bring them along.

Reactions: JayH
Is the game being televised live anywhere? I see Fox Sports Go yet I go to their site and its not on their schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.