Nycfc V Toronto Postgame And Motm

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
As I just mentioned on another thread, I missed watching last night to attend my 35th HS reunion. So I finally finished watching the recording and have to share my notes:
  • overall Midas Mulligan summed up the game perfectly about an hour ago. We played exactly the strategy we needed to against Toronto, then got exactly the break we needed with the handball. A correct call, but mostly unearned on our part, and being up 1-0 so early just made that park-the-bus strategy more comfortable
  • Blue shorts? have we seen those before? On us I mean, I know MC wore them.
  • Facey got in Giovinco's head so easily
  • At one point I was trying to ID one of our players then he did that hair sweep thing and I knew it was Grabavoy
  • Saunders just saves and saves
  • Perquis was bloodied in the first half, kept his calm through the final whistle, then went nuts. I know Jacobsen and he went at it in the game but I'd love to see what happened after Perquis traded shirts with Villa that set him off
  • Ballouchy passed to Villa on goal 2
  • Autocorrect turns Ballouchy into "Ball ought" - as in "the ball ought to be passed to someone else"
  • I have no envy of Toronto, but TFC rolls off the tongue much better than NYCFC; 5-syllable acronyms are ungainly - New York City FC is longer but a better more natural rhythm
  • Tommy Mac's goal save in minute 62
  • Facey everywhere
  • TFC's Frustration didn't start overflowing until last 15 minutes - they were actually quite sportsmanlike until then
  • Villa everywhere
  • A lot of the chippiness came when we were defending on set plays -good to see our guys marking aggressively because it has been a weakness

As I just mentioned on another thread, I missed watching last night to attend my 35th HS reunion. So I finally finished watching the recording and have to share my notes:
  • overall Midas Mulligan summed up the game perfectly about an hour ago. We played exactly the strategy we needed to against Toronto, then got exactly the break we needed with the handball. A correct call, but mostly unearned on our part, and being up 1-0 so early just made that park-the-bus strategy more comfortable
  • Facey got in Giovinco's head so easily
  • At one point I was trying to ID one of our players then he did that hair sweep thing and I knew it was Grabavoy
  • Saunders just saves and saves
  • Perquis was bloodied in the first half, kept his calm through the final whistle, then went nuts. I know Jacobsen and he went at it in the game but I'd love to see what happened after Perquis traded shirts with Villa that set him off
  • Ballouchy passed to Villa on goal 2
  • Autocorrect turns Ballouchy into "Ball ought" - as in "the ball ought to be passed to someone else"
  • I have no envy of Toronto, but TFC rolls off the tongue much better than NYCFC; 5-syllable acronyms are ungainly - New York City FC is longer but a better more natural rhythm
  • Tommy Mac's goal save in minute 62
  • Facey everywhere
  • TFC's Frustration didn't start overflowing until last 15 minutes - they were actually quite sportsmanlike until then
  • Villa everywhere
  • A lot of the chippiness came when we were defending on set plays -good to see our guys marking aggressively because it has been a weakness
Well done. As for what set off Perquis, AJ crushed him with an elbow from behind on a set piece. There's a vid floating around. Not sure if something was said after the whistle or he just went after him

Well done. As for what set off Perquis, AJ crushed him with an elbow from behind on a set piece. There's a vid floating around. Not sure if something was said after the whistle or he just went after him
Yeah I saw that. But why was Perquis all calm and shirt trading with Villa after the game, then 60 seconds later looking like somebody kidnapped his family? That's the mystery.

Yeah I saw that. But why was Perquis all calm and shirt trading with Villa after the game, then 60 seconds later looking like somebody kidnapped his family? That's the mystery.
i really believe Jacobson said something that really pissed him off, no way he goes ballistic just because. Game was physical but no way would i think thats enough for him to go full crazy like that.

based on the vid floating around i do think jacobson will get a suspension, i mean sauanders got suspended on a play i felt was iffy.

All I got to say about this match is: FUCK YEAH I LOVE THIS FOOTBALL CLUB!!! Bring on the motherfucking, limp dick, scum of the earth, energy drink sucking, Red Bulls!!!
I'm beyond hype for this game. Getting the lucky chance to attend my first NYCFC game and to make it better it's at home and against the NJRB haha.

Reactions: Paul
i really believe Jacobson said something that really pissed him off, no way he goes ballistic just because. Game was physical but no way would i think thats enough for him to go full crazy like that.

based on the vid floating around i do think jacobson will get a suspension, i mean sauanders got suspended on a play i felt was iffy.
Perquis went at Jacobson because during the match Perquis grabbed his junk in the front and Jacobson landed a cool elbow to the back of his neck during a corner kick so Perquis who started the whole bullshit wanted to finish it although that hook he threw could have probably knocked someone out.

Perquis went at Jacobson because during the match Perquis grabbed his junk in the front and Jacobson landed a cool elbow to the back of his neck during a corner kick so Perquis who started the whole bullshit wanted to finish it although that hook he threw could have probably knocked someone out.

i knew game was very chippy, still i dont think it was the way to react like he wanted to hurt someone real bad. i still fear the discipline committee will only look at that elbow from Jacobson instead of the whole picture happening all game.

I will add two inconsequential points because fuck it we won I'm free to talk about whatever I please:

1. Yes, we've worn the blue shorts with blue shirts before, at Colorado. It made sense then because they had white shorts with their primary kit, not sure why we didn't wear the usual white shorts last night.

2. Did you notice that Grabavoy cut his hair? The man bun is gone.

It still does this though:

628x471.jpg

EP-306209868.jpg&updated=201506202158&MaxW=800&maxH=800&updated=201506202158&noborder.jpg

i knew game was very chippy, still i dont think it was the way to react like he wanted to hurt someone real bad. i still fear the discipline committee will only look at that elbow from Jacobson instead of the whole picture happening all game.
Yeah I agree, I mean both of them have causes for suspension for 1-2 games but Perquis definitely started the whole thing with grabbing Jacobson in the private area so he could become unmarked but I guess it didn't work lol but at the same time idk how I would react if someone grabbed deez nuts (get it?), most likely be infuriated to be honest.

Reactions: Fantazma
That is awesome. I'm already planning to be there with you next year. Damn.

Yea do it up! Even Toronto fans we're asking him to sign TFC jersey and stuff LOL its also not that full, maybe 50 people tops with lots of space to get stuff signed while they walk to the coach bus. I've done this for so many players and teams. It always works! Last time was the full mens US soccer team!

Reactions: FootyLovin
Yea do it up! Even Toronto fans we're asking him to sign TFC jersey and stuff LOL its also not that full, maybe 50 people tops with lots of space to get stuff signed while they walk to the coach bus. I've done this for so many players and teams. It always works! Last time was the full mens US soccer team!
I'm convinced. I'll circle the date as soon as the 2016 schedule is announced.

Were the Toronto announcers the biggest homers, or was it just me? I was watching via MLS Live and they had the home announcers. I swear, Toronto FC could do no wrong and NYCFC was ALWAYS committing a foul. It was VERY frustrating listening to them for the full 90!

Sometimes being part of the very very few away fans really pays off. Especially when you can meet the team afterwards! It was awesome cheering 2 goals while everyone around me was hating on me :p

I love that Poku is still signing his name with three exclamation marks. I'm seriously considering altering the forum censorship options so that any time someone types "Poku" it replaces it with "Poku!!!"

What was the atmosphere like for a visitor? Given the match, perquis, reddit attitudes, people throwing beer at the ref I could see it getting hairy real quick.

Were the Toronto announcers the biggest homers, or was it just me? I was watching via MLS Live and they had the home announcers. I swear, Toronto FC could do no wrong and NYCFC was ALWAYS committing a foul. It was VERY frustrating listening to them for the full 90!
That's pretty standard across the league. I don't know that anyone really has evenhanded announcers. Just varying levels of homers.