Philadelphia - Postmatch

Rough game. Missed our chances early which could have set the tone. Stupid Mata, stupid, to end it. And we gotta figure out what is going on with our road performances. It'll be hard to win a playoff series while giving up so many goals on the road.

A single goal completely summed up our LB situation.

Nobody’s offering $6mm for Medina after that game, Matarrita is a joke.

And I love him to death but we kept Villa one year too long, at least as a DP. I supported the decision at the time and might even support it now knowing how it’s turning out, but with a cold eye it has not worked out.

I wonder how long Medina will be out with a pride injury.

What a fucking classic nycfc game:
Maxi missing a sitter early on to set the tone of not being able to score?: check
Ben sweat abosulty shutting himself leading to a goal?: check
Chanot getting his head abosulty smashed in and having to go off for a bit?: check
Giving up possession to an entirely weaker side when we are A POSESSION BASED TEAM?: check
Playing down to our opponent?: check
Falling apart completely in games where I think, this is close to our strongest lineup?: check
Banishing Lewis to play Wallace or Tmac when he is clearly productive and can help in the very instance we needed him for?: check

FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKK: I am so angry from the lineup announcement (why show scallys Jersey if he wasn't even going to be in the 18, just loan him out) then seeing a full powered squad resting nobody, then wasting early chances, then going into the half at 0s. Then shitting the bed and leaving philly (philly?!?!) With 0 points, then seeing that red bulls got a point from their game. Oh Nycfc can fucking ruin my day so thoroughly.

Where to begin.

Sweat was his usual shitty defender and got turned on Ilsinho’s goal. Bad LB, abysmal CB.

Callens didn’t seem to have his head in the game and might have been injured.

Chanot was ok but didn’t show any of the passing that he should do.

Tinnerholm gambled and missed often and also ran the wrong way giving Burke space on the goal.

Ring seems to have lost a step.

Ofori once again only has one foot.

Maxi looks exhausted and can’t hit the side of a barn.

Did Tajouri-Shradi play this game?

Berget runs so hard but is the clumsiest player I have ever seen.

Villa missed an empty net and looked like he hadn’t played in two months.

Medina spent more time diving than playing.

Wallace, well, at least he’s consistent. Consistently offers nothing going forward and not really much at the back too.

And Mata is a disgrace (and still can’t defend).

Sigh.

What a fucking classic nycfc game:
Maxi missing a sitter early on to set the tone of not being able to score?: check
Ben sweat abosulty shutting himself leading to a goal?: check
Chanot getting his head abosulty smashed in and having to go off for a bit?: check
Giving up possession to an entirely weaker side when we are A POSESSION BASED TEAM?: check
Playing down to our opponent?: check
Falling apart completely in games where I think, this is close to our strongest lineup?: check
Banishing Lewis to play Wallace or Tmac when he is clearly productive and can help in the very instance we needed him for?: check

FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKK: I am so angry from the lineup announcement (why show scallys Jersey if he wasn't even going to be in the 18, just loan him out) then seeing a full powered squad resting nobody, then wasting early chances, then going into the half at 0s. Then shitting the bed and leaving philly (philly?!?!) With 0 points, then seeing that red bulls got a point from their game. Oh Nycfc can fucking ruin my day so thoroughly.
Sitter? I don’t think that word means what you think it means.