• Lampard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirlo

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Saunders

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Vieira for president!

Mena was a boss besides a weak pass or two.

Pirlo had a pep in his step.

Jack Harrison needs to become an American soon because he would kill it for the USMNT in a year or two. Absolutely phenomenal.

Josh didn't look like a dunce really once this game.

Lampard didn't have his best game, but he makes everyone else better. One major moment I thought he made the wrong decision on that time when he was in on goal and decided to dump it off to Villa who forced a corner. I thought if Lampard took one more touch outside he had a shot on goal. But he was still good.

I will stick with saying the key to our success is Iraola at CDM(among other things like Jack and Lamp coming back).

Literally every pro Kreis guy has disappeared. Magnus and NYCFCFan were the big ones. They havent posted in forever. I guess when you are continually wrong about everything you tend to run off..

Anyway great win. Top of the east. Life is good.

God the best part about those two was the fact that they thought their opinions were so superior to ours and they acted like we were impatient nitwits who have never watched soccer before NYCFC. Magnus at least could be cool. NYCFCfan was a douche.

God the best part about those two was the fact that they thought their opinions were so superior to ours and they acted like we were impatient nitwits who have never watched soccer before NYCFC. Magnus at least could be cool. NYCFCfan was a douche.

Yes exactly. There were a few pro and even neutral Kreis people but they werent so god damn self righteous about it like Magnus and NYCFCfan. Those 2 literally got everything wrong, even beyond Kreis related things. I wouldnt be surprised if one was Kreis lol.

Reactions: Ulrich
STAND UP. FOR THE BOYS IN BLUE. STAND UP.

Can not understate how crucial this win was. Beating out biggest rivals to go top of the East. Easily the biggest in team history.

We defended for most of the game, but were absolutely solid. I was shocked seeing Mena and Brilliant at CB with Mata on the bench and Hernandez in his place. But it actually worked.

Saunders with his best game of the season. Very composed playing out of the back.

Villa was running his ass off. How many balls did he win in the defensive third?

Thought Pirlo had a great defensive game.

Fat Frank. The dude is starting to earn it. Absolutely made the second goal happen. Love his energy. A few bad passes, but nothing to whine about.

Just a fantastic day. Crowd was bumping the entire time. The Red Bulls didn't even sell out all of their sections. Half were sitting the entire game. And most importantly, YOU ONLY SING WHEN YOURE WINNING. YOU ONLY SING WHEN YOURE WINNING.

Great stuff.

EDIT:
Didn't even mention the brilliance of Harrison. Kid is our future.

We played extremely well and looked fluid! It was a good performance, I hope we continue to build on that momentum through the end of the season. Jackie boy looks legit too

Reactions: S1ARK5 and Ulrich
This was a really huge win for the team. Pulling one out so convincingly against our great nemesis from New Jersey has to really fill our guys with confidence. It also is going to bring out positive momentum in the whole program - it can help with recognition and attendance.

We are now in first place in the East. We've got a tough stretch coming up with some road games, including some tough ones, before coming back to face #1 in the west. But, we couldn't ask for a better position and better momentum than we have now.

And yet I was belittled the other day when I said TMac disappears.... Welp![/QUOTE Welp what?. I said it before and I'll say it again, if you know soccer then you recognize that TMac is doing everything PV is asking him to do. Always running to the right spot. Clear right now that Harrison is the next best option behind Villa, but go watch the tape and TMac was there for the sitter in the 44th minute but Villa went on his own and pulled it wide. You can't have a stud every position. Some guys have to do the dirty work that doesn't show up in the stat sheet. You need some blue collar guys to win and you will miss guys like Mix and TMac if and when they are gone.

Reactions: roxfontaine
Something to think about after the high of this win, we play again in three days and three hours on the road at New England. That's two days to rest/train. We can expect a very different lineup for that.

Maybe not. I expect PV to ride the hot hand Wednesday (unless he's afraid of a turf injury) and then again over the weekend. The European guys can easily handle the three games. Same with the youngsters. I'd wager TMac and Hernandez may take a seat for a different winger and Mata.

Last edited:
Sorry M Max Power , I hit reply and your text was embedded with my previous quote so didn't show up and on my mobile so can't copy/paste....

Anyway, TMac is great when he's on and streaky otherwise - he blew two breaks today that should have been easy scores. I like the guy but he's disappears and makes bad decisions when the obvious play is something else. If not for his every once in a while wunderkind-type goals, that are incredibly lucky, he wouldn't have the aura.

Last edited:
Reactions: adam
Sorry M Max Power , I hit reply and your text was embedded with my previous quote so didn't show up and on my mobile so can't copy/paste....

Anyway, TMac is great when he's on and streaky otherwise - he blew two breaks today that should have been easy scores. I like the guy but he's disappears and makes bad decisions when the obvious play is something else. If not for his every once in a while wunderkind-type goals, that are incredibly lucky, he wouldn't have the aura.
Do you have an iPhone? I copy/paste all the time.

Anyway, I think Mata will start this week since he rested a bit today. Same with Mikey. 3 games in 7 days, have to let Lampard/Pirlo have one of the 3 to rest. So Mix should squeeze into the lineup Wednesday. If he doesnt then idk to be honest. Can see it easily being the midweek game. Especially since the 07/10 game will be with a travel day. I'll be happy with 3 out of 6 for sure. Beat our conference opponent I had to choose.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Do you have an iPhone? I copy/paste all the time.

Anyway, I think Mata will start this week since he rested a bit today. Same with Mikey. 3 games in 7 days, have to let Lampard/Pirlo have one of the 3 to rest. So Mix should squeeze into the lineup Wednesday. If he doesnt then idk to be honest. Can see it easily being the midweek game. Especially since the 07/10 game will be with a travel day. I'll be happy with 3 out of 6 for sure. Beat our conference opponent I had to choose.
On subway between stations and didn't want to scroll back and forth. #lazy.

Reactions: JayH

Fair enough, agree to disagree. But there is nothing incredibly lucky about the goals he scores. You just don't score lucky goals from 30 yards out multiple times. Say what you want about him him but he's a clinical finisher with both feet. And unless we get something special in the next transfer window, Tommy is still our best option on the left wing.