RSL Postmatch

Is our fan base as new to soccer as NYCFC is to MLS?

I can't believe how many people on this board thought Pirlo had a "meh", "useless" "ok" outing. How many world class balls does he have to sniper in to a tight area for fans to upgrade him to "good"? OH BECAUSE HE DOESN'T SCORE GOALS!!11!!1!!.

Superb first half. Maybe the best ever. Villa was awful but he's allowed a bad game because he's that good. No clue how Mix didn't score a goal.

Is our fan base as new to soccer as NYCFC is to MLS?

I can't believe how many people on this board thought Pirlo had a "meh", "useless" "ok" outing. How many world class balls does he have to sniper in to a tight area for fans to upgrade him to "good"? OH BECAUSE HE DOESN'T SCORE GOALS!!11!!1!!.

Superb first half. Maybe the best ever. Villa was awful but he's allowed a bad game because he's that good. No clue how Mix didn't score a goal.
I thought Pirlo had one of his better games. He had a lot of signature Pirlo passes. I think this midfield works best for him and for us. We stretched the field and it really benefited him. Thought he was superb.

Well after reading all of this post match thread it really comes down to this. Shitty teams like us tend to implode and give up soft goals, thus not being able to hold on to the lead. This happens when three important spots are held by below avg to just plain shitty players with our cb tandem and our gk. Until we fix this, this is who we are. For us to win games we need to convert 90% of our clear cut chances. We missed at least 5 tonight. Otherwise we are just waiting for the inevitable to happen and it does.

Reactions: gbservis
Whether PV is good or bad is a sperate issue. The original expressed opinion is Kries should have been kept and PV is no good. The first part of hat statement is obviously wrong and the second part is debatable. But what we can tell so far is PV is better than Kries so far

The last two games and this season give an indication of PV . Better than Kries it doesn't seem the team is going in that direction

SIMON BORG IS BACK ON INSTANT REPLAY AND HE HAS SOME HARSH WORDS FOR NYCFC PLAYERS WHEN THEY PLAYED RSL! JUMP TO 3:20!

The west plays a more flowing brand of soccer than the east... The east is definitely the more physical / less technical side of the league.

Yup, the West plays a more tactical game (makes sense because look at who is coaching in the West: Pareja, Bruce, Porter, Vermes, etc...) while the Eastern Conference is thump and run. Think Red Bulls high-pressure system (and heavy physical game), Benny-ball, etc.

The guys in the West will hold their shape and play, the guys in the East are going to try to body-check Pirlo. It is what it is.

Yup, the West plays a more tactical game (makes sense because look at who is coaching in the West: Pareja, Bruce, Porter, Vermes, etc...) while the Eastern Conference is thump and run. Think Red Bulls high-pressure system (and heavy physical game), Benny-ball, etc.

The guys in the West will hold their shape and play, the guys in the East are going to try to body-check Pirlo. It is what it is.

It also helped that the first few times Vancouver tired the throw the highly skilled NYCFC player on the ground tactic the ref gave a yellow. After that the game really opened up. I'm interested to see if that was just this ref or if the league is clamping down on it and we will see the trend continue. How many times did the Orl defends grab Villa and pull him down instead of trying to defend him?

Finally got around to watching the condensed game after my trip to GTNP. So glad I missed this one. Between the missed chances and another freaking set piece conceded at home, I would have just been thoroughly disgusted.

The set piece issue is beyond ridiculous. 23 conceded in 26 home games?!?!?! This goes beyond lacking height or bad luck. This is absolute systemic team failure, across a roster revamp and two coaches. I cannot even diagnose the problem or suggest a solution, but it's beyond unacceptable. I have to assume they're spending hours on this at practice and in watching film, and nothing works.

Finally got around to watching the condensed game after my trip to GTNP. So glad I missed this one. Between the missed chances and another freaking set piece conceded at home, I would have just been thoroughly disgusted.

The set piece issue is beyond ridiculous. 23 conceded in 26 home games?!?!?! This goes beyond lacking height or bad luck. This is absolute systemic team failure, across a roster revamp and two coaches. I cannot even diagnose the problem or suggest a solution, but it's beyond unacceptable. I have to assume they're spending hours on this at practice and in watching film, and nothing works.
I haven't missed a minute of play from inception until this one. I was mid move, and just managed to sneak away from the boxes in time to listen on my phone to the radio broadcast of three RSL goals. Suffice it to say, that I am glad that I missed this one.

Separately, I wouldn't even know where to set the over/under on a guess of how may pictures you took on that trip.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I haven't missed a minute of play from inception until this one. I was mid move, and just managed to sneak away from the boxes in time to listen on my phone to the radio broadcast of three RSL goals. Suffice it to say, that I am glad that I missed this one.

Separately, I wouldn't even know where to set the over/under on a guess of how may pictures you took on that trip.
About 2,200 shutter actuations. If I get a dozen really strong ones and another 4-5 dozen serviceable images I'll be more than happy.

Reactions: JayH