Valentin Castellanos [Forward]

Reactions: BC19
If he goes to River Plate I can’t help but wonder how much this is CFG helping River Plate replace Julian Alvarez when he joins Manchester City. As long as we get paid the proper amount and Taty is happy that’s all that matters, but have to feel like this has been discussed between all parties.

Edit: just saw this exact discussion was going on in the roster thread. My bad!

Reactions: Victors87
If he goes to River Plate I can’t help but wonder how much this is CFG helping River Plate replace Julian Alvarez when he joins Manchester City. As long as we get paid the proper amount and Taty is happy that’s all that matters, but have to feel like this has been discussed between all parties.

Edit: just saw this exact discussion was going on in the roster thread. My bad!
I don’t see them paying more for Taty than City is for Alvarez. I would love for him to go to Premier League so we can follow his development there.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
"Valentín Castellanos had an incredible season for New York City FC. The 23-year-old striker won the MLS Golden Boot scoring 19 goals and eight assists in 32 regular-season games, and then guided his club to its first-ever MLS Cup title. To top it all off, Castellanos also became the first Major League Soccer player to receive the Transfermarkt player of the season award. "

Saw Taty on 6th Avenue today. Walked right by and gave him a big, “Tatyyyyy”. He looked very surprised to be recognized and gave me a big smile and a quick, “Como estas?

He was wearing a fanny pack.

My brush with greatness.

Reactions: moogoo
Here we go again:

if that's the price they want to pay, he's not going anywhere....

Here we go again:

i still dont someone offers 20M, probably $15M max. maybe push 17. He is getting older too, so the offer amounts will go down. its kinda of a sell now or offer him a DP spot.

i still dont someone offers 20M, probably $15M max. maybe push 17. He is getting older too, so the offer amounts will go down. its kinda of a sell now or offer him a DP spot.

12 pounds sterling is 15mill USD.

He's one off the pace right now. I think 20 mill is possible if he keeps performing and dominates. The things that are keeping his price low, and maybe Ronny is talking to him about this, are the times he plays casual/nonchalant as if it's just having fun on the weekend and his lack of discipline picking up stupid cards. he cuts those things out and it'll raise his value.

He's one off the pace right now. I think 20 mill is possible if he keeps performing and dominates. The things that are keeping his price low, and maybe Ronny is talking to him about this, are the times he plays casual/nonchalant as if it's just having fun on the weekend and his lack of discipline picking up stupid cards. he cuts those things out and it'll raise his value.
I am surprised that Taty has shown such lack of discipline. The yellow cards have generally been for being stupid. There have also been too many bicycle kick attempts at the wrong time. Maybe Rony isn’t advising Taty on how to polish his game so he stays at NYCFC for the season.
But seriously, even with all the good things Taty does, there are still parts of his game that I would think are keeping his price down.

Yeah -- he got his yellow on Wednesday for kicking the ball away after a foul by someone else. When you're on accumulation warning, you can't do that.

yes I think 15M is max they will get nothing more. It’s just that he has what? A month or so to dominate? Pre season for Europe starts in July and transfers should probably happen then to find replacement here as well.

yes I think 15M is max they will get nothing more. It’s just that he has what? A month or so to dominate? Pre season for Europe starts in July and transfers should probably happen then to find replacement here as well.
I'm hopeful that he stays through the season. Die to the extended World Cup break. The winter transfer window could potentially be much more active than normal.

I'm hopeful that he stays through the season. Die to the extended World Cup break. The winter transfer window could potentially be much more active than normal.

I was wondering if a team would acquire him but let us keep him until the end of the season. Doubtful, but maybe it's possible.