2022 U.S. Open Cup

The rules require that each of the 8 new MLS teams has to go in a different region, with a draw determining location when geography wasn't clear. So, we are in the Northern Atlantic, Philly is in the Southern Atlantic (with Miami, Orlando & Tormenta), and New England is in the East Central (with Cincinnati, Detroit & Louisville)*.

--
* - Lucky bastards.

The rules require that each of the 8 new MLS teams has to go in a different region, with a draw determining location when geography wasn't clear. So, we are in the Northern Atlantic, Philly is in the Southern Atlantic (with Miami, Orlando & Tormenta), and New England is in the East Central (with Cincinnati, Detroit & Louisville)*.

--
* - Lucky bastards.

Lol. Geographically.. that makes no sense. But we probably got screwed cause of rbnj

Rochester should be missing two of their starters after Batista (CB) and Dolabella (DM) received red cards yesterday.

Reactions: Victors87
Barring some conflict I don't anticipate, my current plan is to be there in a Rhinos jersey and NYCFC scarf.

Rochester should be missing two of their starters after Batista (CB) and Dolabella (DM) received red cards yesterday.
Counting extra time, they played a combined 70 minutes down 1 or 2 men, split about evenly. They gave up the tying goal at regular time death, then held on for the additional 30 with just 9 guys. I happened to see the second red. Stupid play. Two players had a barely-happened collision and the Rochester player reached out and back-handed the other guy in the back of the head/neck. Light contact, the other guy went down like he was shot, but also clearly intentional and close enough to the head that red was justified. Just dumb.

Barring some conflict I don't anticipate, my current plan is to be there in a Rhinos jersey and NYCFC scarf.

Counting extra time, they played a combined 70 minutes down 1 or 2 men, split about evenly. They gave up the tying goal at regular time death, then held on for the additional 30 with just 9 guys. I happened to see the second red. Stupid play. Two players had a barely-happened collision and the Rochester player reached out and back-handed the other guy in the back of the head/neck. Light contact, the other guy went down like he was shot, but also clearly intentional and close enough to the head that red was justified. Just dumb.

Somewhere in storage my Raging Rhinos jersey hears the call to join you. Though I wonder how well yellow polyester ages.

Somewhere in storage my Raging Rhinos jersey hears the call to join you. Though I wonder how well yellow polyester ages.

The first "big" soccer game I ever went to was the 1996 Open Cup game at Frontier field when the Rhinos upset Carlos Valderrama and the Tampa Bay Mutiny 4-3 in double OT. That game and the world cup that year made me a lifelong soccer fan. Also having grown up in Rochester going to Rhinos games, watching soccer in a baseball stadium feels perfectly normal to me haha.

The first "big" soccer game I ever went to was the 1996 Open Cup game at Frontier field when the Rhinos upset Carlos Valderrama and the Tampa Bay Mutiny 4-3 in double OT. That game and the world cup that year made me a lifelong soccer fan. Also having grown up in Rochester going to Rhinos games, watching soccer in a baseball stadium feels perfectly normal to me haha.

Frontier Field. As I recall, it was even odder setup than Yankee Stadium since there really were no outfield seats - fans were basically on two sides of the pitch.

Reactions: gbservis
Frontier Field. As I recall, it was even odder setup than Yankee Stadium since there really were no outfield seats - fans were basically on two sides of the pitch.

Yeah, it was super odd, they used to roll out metal bleachers on the outfield grass along one side of the pitch but you always felt close to the action.

RBNJ wins on the road (again) and whomps DCU 3-0.

Does this mean that NYCFC plays RBNJ if NYCFC wins against Rochester due to the fact that NYCFC and RBNJ would be the two teams left from the Northern Atlantic region?

and if so, if NYCFC hosts could it be at Belson or would it be at RBA no matter what?

Does this mean that NYCFC plays RBNJ if NYCFC wins against Rochester due to the fact that NYCFC and RBNJ would be the two teams left from the Northern Atlantic region?

and if so, if NYCFC hosts could it be at Belson or would it be at RBA no matter what?

with their away record, we should play at RBA :)

Long went off early with an injury... not good news for USMNT...

so back in 2019 when NYCFC played DC, i could of sworn i saw a tweet ( maybe Glen Crooks) that NYCFC had also applied to host that game at Belson if they were drawn to host.

so maybe the same? would be wild having a derby in Belson.