Away - 07/17 Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Drogba will supposedly be back for this game, so...

I believe we still have supporter sanctions for Montreal

I don't think that policy has anything to do with us, I think it applies to all travelling away fans, across the board (and may have been instituted as a result of multiple problems during Montreal-Toronto games at the end of the season and the knockout playoff match).

I wasn't there last year but
Nothing happened to anybody when we went up there. The fans that we encountered were great and we all took the train to the game and walked to the stadium entrance without issue. I know their ultra group can be obnoxious but we never ran into any of them.

Anyway, despite the strictures, I will be there this year

Ciman picked up an injury and was just subbed off. Doesn't seem too serious but has the potential to keep him off the field on Sunday with the short week.
Allen Chapman, the ref, also came out and said after the match that Piatti should have been red carded. DisCo could do us a real favor here...

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Allen Chapman, the ref, also came out and said after the match that Piatti should have been red carded. DisCo could do us a real favor here...
That was a nasty, nasty tackle. Piatti definitely should have seen red.

Is this something that is typically used three days before playing a game? Or can we assume he may be out?
I'd say only for a pretty significant ankle sprain, so i'd guess he was out. But never know. Ankles can heal faster than expected and they could shoot him up with Toradol to get him on the field.

Reactions: adam and 413Blue
What does Simon Borg think? Was it "endangering the safety of a player?" HE WOULD HAVE GONE RED THERE!
in simon borg's world all games would be decided on who could keep the minimum required players on the pitch before the game is forfeit.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Our next two games are extremely important, aren't they? Montreal sitting 4th and would pass us in PPG with a win. Then Red Bulls sitting third, plus the opportunity to take the season series.

Two wins would strongly solidify our contention for a bye in the playoffs. Two losses and we are back fighting for the 5/6 spots, probably.

After these two games, we alsoay have a new contributor or three, like Chanot. Hopefully we hold serve until then.

Our next two games are extremely important, aren't they? Montreal sitting 4th and would pass us in PPG with a win. Then Red Bulls sitting third, plus the opportunity to take the season series.

Two wins would strongly solidify our contention for a bye in the playoffs. Two losses and we are back fighting for the 5/6 spots, probably.

After these two games, we alsoay have a new contributor or three, like Chanot. Hopefully we hold serve until then.
Hugely important. Plus the RB play Philadelphia this week and then Philadelphia plays Montreal next week. Will be very interesting to see if any team creates separation by the end of next week or if we all just take points off each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.