Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Next match is away at San Jose. Will be interesting to see if any of the players today won a starting role or a place on the 18.

Match Info

Unimas :/ Wfan WQBU

Friday August 5th 11pm

Chanot will start, I bet.

EDIT: Now that we have Chanot I wonder if we should play Mena Chanot Brillant as a back three and then put Bravo on with Iraola as a second DM. Would give us more passing options out of the back and in the center of the but might also stifle our attack too much. Might be worth trying while Mata is out, though.
Could also try RJ in some sort of weird roaming attacking position that switches between being a wing back and a DM along side Iraola. Like some sort of DM version of an inverted fullback if you can imagine that.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYdoesitEZ
Anyone making the trip out for this game? I live here locally in the Bay Area now (moved 4 months ago from the city for a new job). Still haven't gotten tickets but looking at them this weekend. Should be a good game and a beautiful stadium to boot

Reactions: Goodfella
Chanot will start, I bet.

EDIT: Now that we have Chanot I wonder if we should play Mena Chanot Brillant as a back three and then put Bravo on with Iraola as a second DM. Would give us more passing options out of the back and in the center of the but might also stifle our attack too much. Might be worth trying while Mata is out, though.
Could also try RJ in some sort of weird roaming attacking position that switches between being a wing back and a DM along side Iraola. Like some sort of DM version of an inverted fullback if you can imagine that.

Mata--Brillant--Chanot--RJ

Damn 11 PM start time. Damn Unimas. Worst television conditions ever! (Comic Book guy voice)

I can't believe after having to play the only Saturday match after the all star game, and an afternoon match to boot, we now technically have a short week (sat-fri) & west coast travel for our next match. Only solace is SJ's week is shorter by a day.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I don't get the point of a "national" game that starts at bedtime for roughly a third of the country.

And it's not even a doubleheader, which would make an 11 PM more sense. Since it's a Friday in San Jose, you can't have it start earlier than 7 PM Pacific Time would be would 10 PM NYC.

This might be the lowest ratings for a Unimas MLS game this season.

And it's not even a doubleheader, which would make an 11 PM more sense. Since it's a Friday in San Jose, you can't have it start earlier than 7 PM Pacific Time would be would 10 PM NYC.

This might be the lowest ratings for a Unimas MLS game this season.
They've had a few West Coast Friday night games recently and they all started late, but this was the first one I remember that had an East Coast team involved. All the others were West vs West.

I was at the City Send Off thing today and said to Mata "Looking forward to seeing you back in the starting line up." He replied "Next week."

I was there too, and he walked around fine, with nothing on the ankle, not even socks, and did the whole crowd, which was large. I don't think a guy rehabbing an ankle would do that. He will play.

Reactions: joe and adam
San Jose is 6-1-3 at home this season but I will be disappointed if we don't get any points. They just aren't as good as we are. I watched most of their game Sunday and pretty much all of their scoring chances come from long balls over the top. Wondo and Amerikwa are dangerous, but we might have our best 4 defenders playing for the first time in a long time. The Rapids game was not a fluke. We are one of the best teams in MLS and the Quakes are not.

Problem is that I feed the baby every night at 11. This tends to lead over time to a considerable sleep deficit. Also, if I am up feeding the baby at 11, it is going to be hard to avoid watching the beginning of the game, and once I watch a little of the game...

Reactions: Goodfella
Status
Not open for further replies.