NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Next game will be away to Crew.
Another tough match-up.
Will be on 6 days rest, however we do have another game 4 days later.
So perhaps we should expect a 'typical Kreis' lineup.

Away @ Crew
08/19 7:30 PM
YES, WFAN, WADO

Facey out due to yellow card accumulation. We really need at least 4 points out of this road trip, Columbus is the easier game to win but LA might even be harder to tie, so it will be interesting to see the lineup and subs made by Kreis.

Columbus away then home 10 days later is practically a playoff series. We get 6 points we can catch them by the end of the season. 4 and we will be close by if they stumble. We can score against the Crew defense.

Anyone going? Will just be a three hour drive for me so it is tempting

Jesus Kreis, please don't start Lampard over Poku. I want a win, not an Englishman on the pitch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jock
Who should we pair at center-back? I honestly think that Shay Facey may actually be the most important player on the team, so his absence will be difficult to overcome.
Has anyone watched much of Columbus this year and able to give a scouting report. How do we match up against their system?

Reactions: Davo15
We may need at least 3 to win this one. It's doable but will be a challenging game on the road.

Who should we pair at center-back? I honestly think that Shay Facey may actually be the most important player on the team, so his absence will be difficult to overcome.
Has anyone watched much of Columbus this year and able to give a scouting report. How do we match up against their system?

Pretty sure we'll be going with Mena-Hernandez pending any injures. Wingert may still be hurt and Lord Kwame, well I don't have to explain that situation.

deleted for posting in wrong thread

I can't see us winning this game. Defensively I don't think we can contain the Crew.

Hope the boys prove me wrong.

Crew are not exactly stellar defensively either. We can score plenty of goals against them if Poku starts.

Is this is a must win on Wednesday? A loss would be crushing but I think a tie wouldn't be the worst outcome at mapfre

This game will come down a matter of two points: Which offensive can produce more goals and which goalkeeper can stop more goals, because both defenses are fucked...

I agree we're going to have to do it with offense. I couldn't agree more that facey is our most underrated player. He's by far the start of the defense which gets overlooked because of the D's overall problems and because generally people want to talk about the DP's , Mix, Poku or Angelino getting forward. What he does isn't as sexy but it's important and he's incredibly consistent for me since moving to CB.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Fuck it. Mix will score a hat trick. Poku throws a party at MAPFRE STADIUM. MAPFRE, WE ONLY USE CAPS LOCK.

Reactions: The Toe
Status
Not open for further replies.