Away - Revs 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposed to be up in Boston with my wife on a romantic getaway this day....Hmm, do I go to the match also?:sunglasses:

I just bought 7 tickets to go with family to cheer on our team through the Third Rail.

Has anyone been to away game at NE? Are the seats good? (im guessing we will be seating with other supporters)
I went to the game last year, though was 25 minutes late due to multiple accidents causing delays on the way. I didn't sit with the supporters that time, but if I have a vague recollection of them being in a corner and perhaps in the second deck.

In general, I think it is a good place to watch a game in the sense that it is a nice, relatively new, stadium and the sightlines are good because it is a football stadium. If I recall, there is also free parking. At the same time, that means there are tons of empty seats upstairs and the atmosphere was lacking relative to some other football stadiums such as Orlando. So, I'd say it is comfortable and all, but not one of the best places to visit in MLS. I'm looking forward to going again though.

I went to the game last year, though was 25 minutes late due to multiple accidents causing delays on the way. I didn't sit with the supporters that time, but if I have a vague recollection of them being in a corner and perhaps in the second deck.

In general, I think it is a good place to watch a game in the sense that it is a nice, relatively new, stadium and the sightlines are good because it is a football stadium. If I recall, there is also free parking. At the same time, that means there are tons of empty seats upstairs and the atmosphere was lacking relative to some other football stadiums such as Orlando. So, I'd say it is comfortable and all, but not one of the best places to visit in MLS. I'm looking forward to going again though.
Great. Sounds good. Hopefully we have a good turnout.

I bought my tixs through here

http://www.thirdrail.nyc/games/1edhjci19hcd91kf2rrtouzt3hshao

I bought tickets right behind the NYC bench, third row!
Gillette Stadium is nice, but is lacking in atmosphere. Free parking is cool, and they have developed around the stadium pretty nicely so it's got a good pre-post game atmosphere through the bars and restaurants and fully allowed tailgating! I'll be tailgating with my friends about 3 hours pre-game. They allow grills and open containers!

If any fellow City fans want to get together for a bigger tailgate, shoot me a pm or post on here!

I bought tickets right behind the NYC bench, third row!
Gillette Stadium is nice, but is lacking in atmosphere. Free parking is cool, and they have developed around the stadium pretty nicely so it's got a good pre-post game atmosphere through the bars and restaurants and fully allowed tailgating! I'll be tailgating with my friends about 3 hours pre-game. They allow grills and open containers!

If any fellow City fans want to get together for a bigger tailgate, shoot me a pm or post on here!
Angela Miller

Looks like the game time has been changed to 8:00pm for this one, it was originally 7:30.

Assuming the gametime has been changed due to TV (Yankees have a 4pm game that day, so this might be an effort to ensure YES can get to the game on time).

EDIT: Yankees and Red Sox are the following weekend. But Yankees do have a 4pm game that day.

Looks like the game time has been changed to 8:00pm for this one, it was originally 7:30.

Assuming the gametime has been changed due to TV (Yankees have a 4pm game that day, so this might be an effort to ensure YES can get to the game on time).

EDIT: Yankees and Red Sox are the following weekend. But Yankees do have a 4pm game that day.

Better for us it's not a yanks sox game. You have to add on an extra 30mins + for those.

Wish I could make it by the NYC century ride is the same day

I don't want to say we should or will win any game going forward. This team always surprises me. PV has been surprising me by doing the same damn thing every week.
We give up a goal and go down and then come crunch time we play like every fan of this team wants us to play, balls out, relentless attacking and possession. We did a good job of it last week as well but couldn't come through.

Next game is home vs. FC Dallas. Will Patrick Vieira be ejected at this game so that Lattanzio will the head coach so he can beat another Western Conference team?

I've seen a soccer match there. It's fine. The place will be DEAD - it's like watching in a cavern. That being said, it's a fantastic spot to be there pre and post game. If you can, get there early and eat dinner somewhere. Grab a beer afterwards. They made an outdoor mall of the surrounding area. You essentially park across a highway and the stadium side of the highway is a mall with a stadium.

All of that being said, be careful with traffic. It might tell you it takes 50 minutes to get there from Boston. In reality, it could take 3 hours. One road in and one road out. I couldn't imagine going there on a Patriots' game day.

I've seen a soccer match there. It's fine. The place will be DEAD - it's like watching in a cavern. That being said, it's a fantastic spot to be there pre and post game. If you can, get there early and eat dinner somewhere. Grab a beer afterwards. They made an outdoor mall of the surrounding area. You essentially park across a highway and the stadium side of the highway is a mall with a stadium.

All of that being said, be careful with traffic. It might tell you it takes 50 minutes to get there from Boston. In reality, it could take 3 hours. One road in and one road out. I couldn't imagine going there on a Patriots' game day.
Haven't been there in several year, but for standard Revs games, the traffic is negligible. Also most of the parking is on the stadium side of the road, so you can actually park pretty close to the stadium and mall areas. Still, i'd advise tailgating and maybe stopping in for a beer on the way in/out.
The best thing about the stadium is that the lower levels, which all access the main concourse, has a capacity around 38k. With a crowd of around 20k, you are unlikely to have any wait for the latrines or beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back