Away - Timbers 05/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
With bravo out for this game, I'm pretty sure mix is going to fill the void. Hopefully we still keep Pirlo higher up the pitch so he doesn't have to adjust to being moved again.

Reactions: Dreaming_NYC
I still question Mix making the trip to Portland with USMNT camp opening the next day in Miami.

"Hmmmm...should I sit for NYCFC or for the national team?" - Mix Diskerud, probably

Last edited:
I still question Mix making the trip to Portland with USMNT camp opening the next day in Miami.

"Hmmmm...should I sit for NYCFC or for the national team?" - Mix Diskerud, probably

I could be wrong, but I thought I read that MLS players aren't being released for the first friendly against Puerto Rico. So he should still be with us next weekend, unless the information I read was incorrect.

EDIT: Just found an article from WaPo -- MLS players aren't reporting until after the games from May 20-22.

U.S. training camp will open in Miami on May 16 with European- and Mexican-based players. The MLS delegation will not arrive until after the May 20-22 league matches. Some players involved in the Liga MX playoffs might also report late.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...sets-preliminary-u-s-roster-for-copa-america/

Lopez and Brillant both sit at four yellows and one from a suspension. We want full hands on deck for the Red Bull match and a win in Portland will be tough to come by.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I could be wrong, but I thought I read that MLS players aren't being released for the first friendly against Puerto Rico. So he should still be with us next weekend, unless the information I read was incorrect.

EDIT: Just found an article from WaPo -- MLS players aren't reporting until after the games from May 20-22.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...sets-preliminary-u-s-roster-for-copa-america/

That's weird. So the MLS players (including Mix) could get cut before even arriving at camp. The 23-man roster is due May 20.

Great stuff. I'd love to see games in both Seattle and Portland. Fan atmosphere is unrivaled.

LionNYC LionNYC hit on the big issue going into the game. Who replaces Bravo? Other guys could be missing or suspended, and we have a good, readily apparent replacement. Not the case here. My guess is that Lopez moves back and Mix comes in.

I agree with this, however someone mentioned Iraola steeping into Bravo's spot in the shoutbox last night. That could be interesting.

Lopez should go back to his actual, makes sense role, of back up CDM, and Mix can slot into his actual makes sense role of CAM.

We all know Mix is good based on his games this year and with National team. However, two separate coaches benching his ass, there has to be something there, right? Would love to hear the real story.

Who's making the trip?
I'll be there. Wanted to see what Portland is like, always looked like a fun place. Perfect excuse/ reason was added with NYCFC playing there. Get to enjoy a few (lot of) brews at the breweries, and apparently some pretty decent coffee for the early morning (re: hangover) cure!

Would like to see Mix in the place of Bravo, push Lopez back next to Pirlo to give Mix some space up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.