Columbus Postmatch

Josh Saunders/lack of overlapping RB/Defending Set Pieces aside, one thing that really got me this game is how dependent we are on Pirlo to create scoring opportunties. We always seem to be in a rut on offense when he doesnt do well. he did well last night and we scored goals. i only watched the first half of the mls allstar game but mls team looked alot worse on offense after pirlo came out. i hope he has a couple years left.

i thought that PV did much better on the subs this match. didnt wait long for the harrison sub. mata at lb back seemed planned to limit his minutes. got mendoza in for a dback as soon as we went down and got a point back.

silverlining is that we pick up a point on the road where as last year we would have picked up zero.

I can't believe Finlay has 3 goals all year and they all came against us.
No one else has Saunders.

I can't believe Jurgen gives him callups. His game and touch are too simple for an intl impact. You see a guy like Nagbe and think, yeah, he's well ready for bigger challenges. I see Finlay and think, how the fuck does this guy ever get a goal or an assist. He's fast, and he has no shame in looking like an asshole with a bad ball or run. That's it. He's not a good player. So simple. He's literally Mendoza, but less skilled, white and playing for a Doyle darling. That's it. I really don't like his game.

Oh, and btw, what happened to all of the Doyle defenders. Funny how they only show up when we bust his balls, and then claim to be fans. Kind of like that seancarter or something that chats in game and posts troll bait, when no one agrees he's out. Or all the man city fans that really wanted to "see us come good".

I may not be the hero you want. So go ahead. Take the side of randoms who come and talk shit. I don't need acquiescence to do what's right. I will continue to separate wheat and chaff. And you'll blindly enjoy quality posts, without realizing that hazing the fuck out of New posters is a necessary component of quality control.

Just watched the match.

So much anger about the draw, fellas! At least that's my perception of many posts here.

We got totally outplayed the entire 1H and luckboxed our way into a penalty kick. Afful gonna Awful!

We had no business winning that match and I wasn't the least bit surprised we gave up the equalizer at the death on a FK. That is City's M.O. We're not as good as our points would indicate. We have to be a bottom 5 side defending the FK.

PIRLO :beercheers:

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
He seems remarkably at ease and content for someone who got a red card post-match, and saw his new defender get one too.
NYCFC is appealing it - Vieira has said he never cursed at the ref. Unless there's another witness to it besides the Ref, it may not stick, especially being a nationally televised East/West match with the two biggest free-wheeling payrolls. Hopefully Chanot is also a case of Stoica not understanding French spoken quickly and irately.

NYCFC is appealing it - Vieira has said he never cursed at the ref. Unless there's another witness to it besides the Ref, it may not stick, especially being a nationally televised East/West match with the two biggest free-wheeling payrolls. Hopefully Chanot is also a case of Stoica not understanding French spoken quickly and irately.
Beyond just Stoica, the other three refs were standing there if I recall. I cannot remember if there were other players around.

Beyond just Stoica, the other three refs were standing there if I recall. I cannot remember if there were other players around.

That doesn't bode well. I can't imagine the other 3 refs throwing Stoica under the bus, no matter how bad he was, and even assuming that our guys didn't cross the line.

It's NYCFC vs. LA Galaxy on ESPN. Don Garber and MLS DisCo will overturn all the suspensions. He wants NYCFC's new star coach and NYCFC's new star defender on the national stage.

It's NYCFC vs. LA Galaxy on ESPN. Don Garber and MLS DisCo will overturn all the suspensions. He wants NYCFC's new star coach and NYCFC's new star defender on the national stage.

Looking at all the sorry attendance across the country, I began to theorize that summer season really does not work. In order to get the max attendance, the costs of going up against other major sports is smaller than the attendance loss due to summer weather/ vacation, not to mention the fact that players don't play that well. Understood they're might be a prohibitive stadium sharing issue if we move to fall/winter cycle and the winter snow issue. But take hold nationally as a major sport, we have got to be playing at the fall/winter season at prime time. Some dramatic solution may be needed

Reactions: adam and Ulrich
Looking at all the sorry attendance across the country, I began to theorize that summer season really does not work. In order to get the max attendance, the costs of going up against other major sports is smaller than the attendance loss due to summer weather/ vacation, not to mention the fact that players don't play that well. Understood they're might be a prohibitive stadium sharing issue if we move to fall/winter cycle and the winter snow issue. But take hold nationally as a major sport, we have got to be playing at the fall/winter season at prime time. Some dramatic solution may be needed
They would definitely sell more long sleeve jerseys

Reactions: joe and mgarbowski
I'm OK with this in theory but those March matches are brutal if you're not in the sun. If you're worried about attendance over the summer it's hard to imagine people are going to brave the frozen wastes of December and January in the northern cities.

I'm OK with this in theory but those March matches are brutal if you're not in the sun. If you're worried about attendance over the summer it's hard to imagine people are going to brave the frozen wastes of December and January in the northern cities.
Valid point but I point to NFL winter attendance as counter evidence. True the two are not in the same league. But we can hope to rival them. The solution may be a closed top luxury stadium for wimps like myself ( I am willing to pay more for the tickets). This goes back to the foundamental need of having billionaire tycoons as owners who does not give a f about the money.