Crew Postmatch

Is that how you celebrate?

Short list of things (posted on this thread and/or witnessed yesterday) that wouldn't occur to me to do in moment of celebration:
  • Slap Paul on the ass
  • Throw perfectly good beer that is meant for drinking
  • Remove my shirt
You just crossed off like the 3 best things about any good goal celebration.

On a side note I guess it is to be expected at this point but Mix was the only player noticeably absent during the end of game celebrations.

He was there and he gave his jersey. I know the person that got it. He probably left the field right after that. Who can blame him? He's surely on to something else after this season.

BTW, does anyone here have the license plate 64SHEA?

It seems that I'm always behind you on the way to or from the game. Last night I was behind you on the Throgs Neck.

Reactions: Kjbert
Prilo seems to need a midfield partner that understands off ball movement as well as he does. I agree with others that he seemed off for most of the game but I think it had a lot to do with him not having Iraola to work off.
Or Lampard or McNamara. He didn't have any of his usual partners, and perhaps his "off period" maybe coincided with Lampard not playing.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
He was there and he gave his jersey. I know the person that got it. He probably left the field right after that. Who can blame him? He's surely on to something else after this season.

Yeah can't blame him, glad the hear he's still around.

Or Lampard or McNamara. He didn't have any of his usual partners, and perhaps his "off period" maybe coincided with Lampard not playing.
True, but was it telling that TMac wasn't part of last night? I like the guy because when he's on he's on, but lately he's been really off and his "speed" hampers us. It'll be interesting to see the next lineup because in last nights formation there is absolutely no place for TMac - can't play the wing with pace, doesn't have the marking/bite of Bravo, and isn't a playmaker/outlet like Pirlo.

True, but was it telling that TMac wasn't part of last night? I like the guy because when he's on he's on, but lately he's been really off and his "speed" hampers us. It'll be interesting to see the next lineup because in last nights formation there is absolutely no place for TMac - can't play the wing with pace, doesn't have the marking/bite of Bravo, and isn't a playmaker/outlet like Pirlo.
Don't disagree with any of your points. Perhaps McNamara will be the new Pirlo when Pirlo retires though, or maybe now that I think of it more likely Iraola/McNamara could be the new Pirlo/Lampard in the future.

Prilo seems to need a midfield partner that understands off ball movement as well as he does. I agree with others that he seemed off for most of the game but I think it had a lot to do with him not having Iraola to work off. Bravo is much less of a threat with the ball and doesn't make the subtle shifts we are used to seeing when it's Iraola working with Pirlo.

On a side note I guess it is to be expected at this point but Mix was the only player noticeably absent during the end of game celebrations. Even Balloucy and Brant came out in street clothes. I wonder if he's already gone.
What Andrea Needs is a Daddy Figure!! NYFC has no father figures for him !! Dis spite the beard on his face he's still such a little boy inside!! He's a Daddy's boy always has been always will be ! From his own Father to his coaches !! NYCFC given him all this Freedom he never had ! When he get's a that look from one of his Daddy's he'll do what he needs to do !! His Biggest problem is he's here with no Daddy's !!

I thought Chanot was the one who set the backline yesterday, not Eirik. He has done that in other games as well.

Reactions: sbrylski
It was hard to assess this game.

I don't know what formation was officially announced, but my eye at the game showed a 5-2-3 which automatically turned into a 3-4-2-1 offensively when Ronald/RJ push up. It served it's purpose well, despite the soft goal given up. Matarrita was great and RJ was very good. I like them serving the ball in. Visually we may have looked bogged down, but that is what the formation is built for...a more locked-down counter attacking football tactic. Our transition was really good, except we couldn't capitalize on chances.

When the Pirlo/Lampard switch happened, we went back to a 4 back line. It would automatically open the game up. Even though Pirlo was off yesterday, it was more or less the formation/tactic change that opened things up. Which is a good thing to have the legit ability to make tactical changes mid-game and have it work.

At first I thought he was protecting Eirik..but now my thinking is that PV understands that we can concede goals in the regular season and recover, but we can't do that in the playoffs. We need to tighten it up. I liked it, but I'm used to watching Italian, especially Juve style football. It may be boring, but it generally wins.

It was hard to assess this game.

I don't know what formation was officially announced, but my eye at the game showed a 5-2-3 which automatically turned into a 3-4-2-1 offensively when Ronald/RJ push up. It served it's purpose well, despite the soft goal given up. Matarrita was great and RJ was very good. I like them serving the ball in. Visually we may have looked bogged down, but that is what the formation is built for...a more locked-down counter attacking football tactic. Our transition was really good, except we couldn't capitalize on chances.

When the Pirlo/Lampard switch happened, we went back to a 4 back line. It would automatically open the game up. Even though Pirlo was off yesterday, it was more or less the formation/tactic change that opened things up. Which is a good thing to have the legit ability to make tactical changes mid-game and have it work.

At first I thought he was protecting Eirik..but now my thinking is that PV understands that we can concede goals in the regular season and recover, but we can't do that in the playoffs. We need to tighten it up. I liked it, but I'm used to watching Italian, especially Juve style football. It may be boring, but it generally wins.
A 5-2-3 was the officially announced formation.

Reactions: Kjbert and NickA
He's not getting 750k anywhere else. I really hope this was some kind of season long ban, and that he will be back next year ready to go.

I feel I have to say as president of the anti-frank club, that he looked great last night off the bench. Hope that he continues in that role in the playoffs.

Also, its kind of glossed over with the playoffs and a 4-1 win, but we looked like shit and got dominated for long stretches of the game last night. In the 523, which is a dumb, overly defensive formation (3 DMs?) in my opinion, we were literally not even starting to pressure the ball until they had moved their entire team into our half and were 40 yards from our goal.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
MLS app had it as a 3-4-3, to add a wrinkle.

I would argue it was a 5-3-1-1 defensively and a 3-5-1-1 offensively. Mendoza spent more time (from my eyes) underneath Villa than out wide.

Reactions: NickA