Home - 10/23 Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to grab beers before the game, I would honestly get close to the stadium maybe 1.5-2 hours beforehand. There are lots of bars around the area to choose from. My personal favorite is Stan's, but I know several others on here like the Dugout, Yankee Tavern, and a few others.
Stan's is dope too, I always forget about it because it's (relatively) far from Gate 6.

I'm partial to The Dugout. It's across the street from Yankee Stadium, if it's your first time at Yankee Stadium you could always show up early and get some players to sign a shirt for you near Gate 4, then head over to the bar for a drink. Go into the stadium around 3:30, have a walk around, check out monument park and head to your seats.

Unfortunately, the Dugout is closed. You could do Stan's or Billy's. Stan's is probably more laid back. Billy's is absurdly humongous. The atmosphere is more of a warehouse than an intimate bar.

Reactions: Mr Bridger
I'm partial to The Dugout. It's across the street from Yankee Stadium, if it's your first time at Yankee Stadium you could always show up early and get some players to sign a shirt for you near Gate 4, then head over to the bar for a drink. Go into the stadium around 3:30, have a walk around, check out monument park and head to your seats.

How early do you have to be at Gate 4 to get players to sign things?

4 of us will be over from England for this. Where is the best place to meet for drinks and a good atmosphere before the game? What time and how would you recommend getting there.
Cheers. :thumbsup:

As for how to get there, it will depend on where you're staying in Manhattan, but you should take a train. Two subway lines go to Yankee Stadium - the 4 Train, which runs up the East Side of Manhattan, and the D Train, which runs up the West Side of Manhattan. If you are staying near Grand Central Station, you can also try the Metro North trains, which are faster, but a little more expensive. One advantage to Metro North is that you can grab some beers in the food court downstairs before boarding, and even bring them on the train with you (alcohol is not allowed on the Subway, though often tolerated).

http://web.mta.info/nyct/maps/subwaymap.pdf

http://web.mta.info/mnr/html/mls/GCT_MLS_ALL.pdf

Reactions: SportingNYC
Unfortunately, the Dugout is closed. You could do Stan's or Billy's. Stan's is probably more laid back. Billy's is absurdly humongous. The atmosphere is more of a warehouse than an intimate bar.
Yeah, Billy's is weird. Inside is humongous lounge-like atmosphere with blaring music. Go out to the patio and its like a nice rooftop bar that you would expect in the East Village.

I really don't like the inside of Billy's, but if the weather is nice, the patio is a fantastic choice.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Thanks for the reply's everyone. Can't wait now, really looking forward to it......see you there, Maybe;)

...sat in 233b, what gate will we need?

Good section. Not too far off the pitch and right next to the supporters.

As others have said, the entrance doesn't matter. Get there a bit early, and have a walk around. It's a famous stadium, with some interesting things to see. Drop by Monument Park - on the ground level between the bleachers - if it is open.

Reactions: Mr Bridger
Someone on r/NYCFC was kind enough to have saved and posted the information regarding attending 16 matches before the final games. I emailed my rep yesterday (with the photo) and he doesn't know what's going on about it. I'll follow up with any details.

9dFS4Fc.png

Someone on r/NYCFC was kind enough to have saved and posted the information regarding attending 16 matches before the final games. I emailed my rep yesterday (with the photo) and he doesn't know what's going on about it. I'll follow up with any details.

View attachment 5988
Yup, got that email March 3rd, subject was "New City Member Rewards." Planning on calling them Monday just for fun.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Thank you New York City FC fans for all of your support this season. Come out for Fan Appreciation Day on Sunday, October 23rd as NYCFC takes on Columbus Crew SC. Join us at the Fan Fest prior to kick off of the final home match of the regular season, located outside of Yankee Stadium. Yankee Stadium gates open at 1:30 PM, game starts at 4 PM.

Here are some of the giveaways, prizes and exclusive opportunities that will be available at the match:

• National Anthem will be presented by the US Coast Guard Brass Quintet.
  • Our Nation’s colors will be presented by the NYPD Ceremonial Unit
  • Return of the Black Nights, the West Point Parachute Team, that will take part in a special pregame ceremony (weather permitting).
  • DJ Mode's pre-game mix and City Beats' halftime performance will be voted on by you, the fans.
  • Shirts off our Back Ceremony: Two fans in attendance will win the opportunity to participate in the "Shirts Off Our Back" ceremony and receive an authentic jersey on the pitch from a New York City FC player.
  • 2016 commemorative posters will be given out to the first 10,000 fans in attendance.
  • Stop by the Fan Zone, located on the concourse by Gate 2 for free hair and face painting provided by Face Art by Melissa.
  • Check out the Alcatel Player's Lounge located in the Great Hall near Gate 6, which has giveaways and prizes.
  • Live "Best in the City" FIFA tournament taking place at the Fan Fest.
  • Two lucky fans will have the chance to get upgraded to our new Pitchside Seats next to the NYCFC bench courtesy of Etihad Airways.
  • A special message from the players and coach Patrick Vieira after the match.
I remember last year Villa spoke. Kreis just walked off the field. It will be nice to celebrate our coach this time.

Thank you New York City FC fans for all of your support this season. Come out for Fan Appreciation Day on Sunday, October 23rd as NYCFC takes on Columbus Crew SC. Join us at the Fan Fest prior to kick off of the final home match of the regular season, located outside of Yankee Stadium. Yankee Stadium gates open at 1:30 PM, game starts at 4 PM.

I remember last year Villa spoke. Kreis just walked off the field. It will be nice to celebrate our coach this time.
Kreis knew he was getting canned - he couldn't care less about talking which just solidified his sour-puss nature.

Reactions: Kjbert
He didn't even wave to the fans near the tunnel. Head down, right down the steps.
Should have happened about 5 games earlier. He's such a weird dude.

I am afraid he may be best suited for a consulting role. A manager, as the name indicates, requires more than developing a single plan of attack. He must manage the players, personalities, media, etc. Kreis is a failure at all of that.

He didn't even wave to the fans near the tunnel. Head down, right down the steps.

He knew he was done after the season we had. The Yankees and CFG expect and demand success, and will roll and shit will burn if they don't get it. That doesn't necessarily mean they will fire a manager after one bad season, but when a relative soccer newbie like me can see that Ned Grabavoy is killing our offence, plus any other of tactically questionable decisions, it's probably time for a change.

Also I just noticed your #starteirik sig, with the bolding I get a very Cato the Elder vibe; really like it.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Status
Not open for further replies.