Home (Citi Field) - 10/22 Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.
About starting Pirlo (and by no means am I advocating this - start Ring, Herrera and Maxi in central MF for gods sake), everybody has said Pirlo needs to be flanked by 2 piano carriers to run and cover for him. Ring and Herrera are that. It could work.

Nah, PV will switch it up by something crazy like starting Maxi on the wing and Shelton as the #10 just to eff with us.

Cmon PV don't overthink it. Wallace-Villa-Harrison and Maxi-Ring-Herrera.
giphy.gif
First time ever anyone referred to Marchisio, Pogba, Vidal as piano carriers?

This is the first time in a long time that our Starting XI pretty much writes itself.
You'd be 100% right with almost any other manager, but unfortunately only if Vieira doesn't overthink the situation. It's nearly guaranteed he'll get the bench wrong.

I wish your words were absolute truth for the match

We should recognize that Columbus will be coming to town on a hot streak. They are undefeated in their last 9, winning 6 of those games, including the last 3. They haven't lost since dropping a game 2-1 at San Jose on August 5.

On August 21, they were 10 points behind us. Now, they are 3 points behind us and hold the tiebreaker. The MLS Power Rankings now have them in 5th. ESPN has them 7th.

This is not like last year when they were well out of the playoffs. This is going to be a war.

Just looking at the seats available.... Doesn't look so bad right now. Hopefully we sell out!

Yep, I checked today after checking yesterday, and the progress is obvious. My section (109) went from about 1/3 sold to 2/3 sold. Other sections are nearly or totally out, and they've brought more on line.

Really happy to see this, as I am hoping for (and actually needing) a great atmosphere for this one. It's been a while.

A good crowd will hopefully also help with the food options on Sunday. Apparently, it will be up to the vendors whether to open many of the stalls, so good early ticket sales should help.

Apparently some people got an e-mail from the club that says that there is room to tailgate. Everyone did not receive it. This is a good start for us but I'm still waiting to hear back on a few questions I sent to the club. Will update you all as soon as possible.

Apparently some people got an e-mail from the club that says that there is room to tailgate. Everyone did not receive it. This is a good start for us but I'm still waiting to hear back on a few questions I sent to the club. Will update you all as soon as possible.

They didn't send it to me. Dumb. They know who has LI addresses. They should be the 1st ones they send tailgating at Citi info to.

Lots open at 1:00PM at Citi Field. Please see below from the website about tailgating.

Parking Rates

• Car: $25
  • Bus/RV: $80
Primary Lots: There are 6 parking lots within the fence line of Citi Field: A Lot, B Lot, C Lot, D Lot, E Lot, F Lot

Tailgating:

• No open flames of any type.
  • Allowed in front or behind vehicle but not in individual parking spaces.
  • Consumption of alcohol is prohibited.
  • Inappropriate or dangerous behavior is not allowed.
  • For security reasons, no trash bins are located in Citi Field parking lots. Guests should bag trash for pick up after the event.

I just said the idea sucks. Would it be nicer if I added "imo"? Because I thought that part was obvious.
Lol an old boss once told me that I could be an arsehole over email if I threw a smiley on the end of it.

I'm totally fine with it, FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.