Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Going to be adding a few extra games for discussion despite not being only 2 weeks out as we have been limiting it to.

Opponent - Montreal Impact
HOME game
Broadcast - YES & WFAN
Game Time - Saturday 08/01 2:00 Pm

August 1 game at 2pm. Will be like old times in the Swamp!

I think this is the first time we will have home games on consecutive weekends.
Correct. We had consecutive Home games in April against Philadelphia and Chicago, but that was a Thursday/Sunday situation, not consecutive weekends.

Well I think the team needs a big shake up and somehow we need to get a more balanced team out there

For this reason I would seriously think of using Iraola and Angelino as wide midfielders and having Allen and Wingert play behind them.

This is the team I would play if all players are fit

Saunders

Allen Hernandez Facey Wingert

Iraola Lampard Pirlo Angelino

Villa Nemec

If this Mena is available and good enough then maybe play him alongside Facey

I may get slaughtered for suggesting this team, but I think we need more width to bring balance to the team.

Well I think the team needs a big shake up and somehow we need to get a more balanced team out there

For this reason I would seriously think of using Iraola and Angelino as wide midfielders and having Allen and Wingert play behind them.

This is the team I would play if all players are fit

Saunders

Allen Hernandez Facey Wingert

Iraola Lampard Pirlo Angelino

Villa Nemec

If this Mena is available and good enough then maybe play him alongside Facey

I may get slaughtered for suggesting this team, but I think we need more width to bring balance to the team.
Yes, we must find a way to keep RJ Allen and Chris Wingert on the field at Mix' expense.

Should Montreal sign Drogba I can easily see this being pushed back for national broadcast.

"Drogba takes on Lampard, Pirlo & Villa"

Reactions: Kjbert
Highly recommend Section 126. Decent breeze and always in the shade.

Was a bitch in the cold though in early March.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
The schedule has everything to do with TV and nothing to do with convenience or comfort of fans in the stands. That doesn't necessarily lead to night games in the cold and day games in summer, but they just don't care if it does. Another way to look at it is we had lots of games on school nights when school was in session. Since summer started we've had almost no games that would be school night games if school were in session. Again, they don't care.

The schedule has everything to do with TV and nothing to do with convenience or comfort of fans in the stands. That doesn't necessarily lead to night games in the cold and day games in summer, but they just don't care if it does. Another way to look at it is we had lots of games on school nights when school was in session. Since summer started we've had almost no games that would be school night games if school were in session. Again, they don't care.

This is certainly true.

That's pretty much why I stopped going to Giants games. The NFL goes out of its way to accommodate tv viewers, so, I stay home to watch.

As the old saying goes: "The seats are better, the food is cheaper and the bathroom is cleaner."

This isn't even a TV market league yet. It's still about tickets.

Everyone will have practiced awhile together there should be no excuses we need 3 points from this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.