Home - RBNY 05/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showing 15% rain all afternoon, and the futurecast makes it look like the storm will dissipate entirely by ~2-3pm

So, it's time to get turnt up.

(GoT Spoilers, kinda)

Reactions: JayH
So I'm binge watching Weeds and during the season where Andy gets all Judaic there are some Easter Eggs for the Jews. Andy mentions something (I think it is a money wish) with the number 180 billion. A nice little Chai reference. In another episode he wears a "Gettin' Chai" t-shirt. And there was at least one other I can't remember right now.

These were subtle, and my guess is that they went unnoticed by most of the non-Judaic watchers.

Then I'm reading this thread and there was a nicely done subtle reference to the "Mexicans are rapists" speech followed by a little Easter Egg reference for those marijuanaly inclined. And in a very similar path to my Weeds experience I thought the following:
  1. I love this place. It's so much more than soccer.
  2. I wonder how many readers of these boards caught those references.
  3. I wonder how many references I'm totally missing.
  4. I love this place.
In conclusion, I love this place.

So I'm binge watching Weeds and during the season where Andy gets all Judaic there are some Easter Eggs for the Jews. Andy mentions something (I think it is a money wish) with the number 180 billion. A nice little Chai reference. In another episode he wears a "Gettin' Chai" t-shirt. And there was at least one other I can't remember right now.

These were subtle, and my guess is that they went unnoticed by most of the non-Judaic watchers.

Then I'm reading this thread and there was a nicely done subtle reference to the "Mexicans are rapists" speech followed by a little Easter Egg reference for those marijuanaly inclined. And in a very similar path to my Weeds experience I thought the following:
  1. I love this place. It's so much more than soccer.
  2. I wonder how many readers of these boards caught those references.
  3. I wonder how many references I'm totally missing.
  4. I love this place.
In conclusion, I love this place.

Alas, I'm an asthmatic goy. Still excited to be part of such a rich and diverse community, however.

NYC!

Reactions: FootyLovin
So my predicted 4-game win streak only yielded 3 wins then a tie, but I just went back and realized it was supposed to be 4 wins out of 5. So a win today and it's all good.
My bad.

Nah your prediction was based on if we played our A team. Since we played our B squad VS Toronto that means we are going to crush Red Bulls with our top dogs (the A team)! Your prediction Stands!

Reactions: mgarbowski
Anyone else on line at the stadium?

Everything you mentioned went right over/through me.
Because I think they merit the full shout out, here goes:
Let's just remember folks.

When Red Bulls send their players, they're not sending their best. They're dirty players with dangerous slide tackles, players who dive in the box. They're bringing in goons who look for yellow cards, and some, I assume, are good people.
I think this was brilliant. It was subtle, and I totally missed what he was doing until the final "some, I assume, are good people." So very well done.

And then this, the very next post, was in response to Jock describing his friend as more into weed than fighting or Red Bulls.
Lucky for him that 4:20pm will be right around half time.
You really have to have at least a little exposure to pot culture for this one. 420 is a symbolic number. From Wikipedia 420:
  • is a code-term that refers to the consumption of cannabis, especially smoking cannabis around the time 4:20 p.m. and smoking and celebrating cannabis on the date April 20
Here's the full write up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)

Again, I was just impressed with the subtlety. So very well done gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.