Home - RSL 06/02

Status
Not open for further replies.
... and tonight at the Tom house:

Tom: Hi honey. I'm home.
[silence]
[Tom walks through the house until he finds wife at computer.]
[Wife looks up from computer. The blue reflected glow of the forum pages shines in her eyes.]
[Tom starts to slowly back away.]
Wife: You posted online that I'm grouchy and spend too much money?!?!
[Following day NYCFC posts two season ticket packages newly available.]
Plus he apparently trusted a 6-year old not to repeat it.

Plus he apparently trusted a 6-year old not to repeat it.
6 year olds never get any facts right....

Son of Tom: Mommy, daddy says you don't spend enough money.
Wife of Tom: Really? When did he say that?
SofT: Last night.
WofT: Well, he's right, and you should learn that you never want to disappoint your family. If daddy asks where I am, tell him I'm on the computer.
[Tom's ApplePay alert pops up 15 times in a row on his phone with recent charges]
Tom [talking to himself]: amazing that I just had this conversation last night with the boy.....

Given that the USMNT starts the Copa tomorrow, I wanted to wear my Mix USMNT jersey to the match tonight. But, also given that Mix has not been selected for the Copa, is this bad form?

Help me, Etiquette Net!

Reactions: CatNYC
Given that the USMNT starts the Copa tomorrow, I wanted to wear my Mix USMNT jersey to the match tonight. But, also given that Mix has not been selected for the Copa, is this bad form?

Help me, Etiquette Net!
I've heard you keep club and country separate, but also, who the hell cares wear whatever you want.

Help me, Etiquette Net!
You can wear Country to Club but you should NEVER wear Club to Country
#Swagiquette

Reactions: Paul
I have an extra seat for tonight if anyone wants to go, section 103.

It's NYC, I'm sure there are plenty of MasterCard users younger than 21. Hell, probably quite a few Black AmEx (or whatever the top AmEx is now) users too.

If you're younger than 21, the account must be in a parent or guardian's name. So it's probably the kids of MasterCard users or just very short adults.

If you're younger than 21, the account must be in a parent or guardian's name. So it's probably the kids of MasterCard users or just very short adults.
That's actually not correct. The minimum age is 18 (legal adult). I had one in college.

Anyone know if there is a way on the Fox app to start a game from the beginning if you tune in late? I'm mid move and unlikely to be able to pick up a device until later than 7pm, but will very much need a break at some point to watch. #movingpost

I am wondering the same thing. I won't be able to tune in until the kids are in bed.

I am going to try pausing the game to see what happens, but I can imagine it will buffer the majority of the game.

I am also going to try logging into MLS Live once the game is over and hope that watching the replay will not be blacked out.

Decent lineup, only problem is Lopez has been listed as OUT with injury. Not sure what happened, but nips may have to slot in as CDM again.

Shoot, I missed this somehow. Yet another game with both of our CDMs out. Iraola played very well there in the Orlando game, I thought. It's either him or Pirlo one would imagine. If it is Pirlo, then we either start Lampard (as in the pre-game lineup), Poku, or move TMac back and slot in Harrison or Mendoza. I suppose Ballouchy is a possibility too.

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/06/01/new-york-city-fc-vs-real-salt-lake-injury-report

Here is the injury report for New York City FC vs. Orlando City SC:

New York City FC
  • Connor Brandt - OUT
  • Federico Bravo - OUT
  • Mikey Lopez - OUT
Real Salt Lake
  • Aaron Maund - PROBABLE
  • Sunday Stephen - PROBABLE
  • Demar Phillips - PROBABLE
  • Boyd Okwuonu - PROBABLE
  • Phanuel Kavita - PROBABLE
  • Emery Welshman - PROBABLE

I am wondering the same thing. I won't be able to tune in until the kids are in bed.

I am going to try pausing the game to see what happens, but I can imagine it will buffer the majority of the game.

I am also going to try logging into MLS Live once the game is over and hope that watching the replay will not be blacked out.
Not sure if it was Fox's app, but I've previously started a game on time and hit pause so I could finish making dinner, and was able to watch the match up until a few minutes past the official end of the game (real world clock time) and then the feed was cut. I was only to maybe minute 65 or so and missed the rest of the match. Again, I don't remember if it was fox or another feed, but it was a bit of a shock when it happened.

One thing you can do, is use a VPN, then log into MLS Live and hit pause.

I wasn't able to make it to the Montreal game, but used my work VPN, then logged into MLS Live, and had no issue there.

Edit: Feel as though I should update after reading Ulrich Ulrich post above. I haven't tried hitting pause on MLS Live, and I'm not sure if it will cut the end of the match as he experienced.

Shoot, I missed this somehow. Yet another game with both of our CDMs out. Iraola played very well there in the Orlando game, I thought. It's either him or Pirlo one would imagine. If it is Pirlo, then we either start Lampard (as in the pre-game lineup), Poku, or move TMac back and slot in Harrison or Mendoza. I suppose Ballouchy is a possibility too.

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/06/01/new-york-city-fc-vs-real-salt-lake-injury-report

Here is the injury report for New York City FC vs. Orlando City SC:

New York City FC
  • Connor Brandt - OUT
  • Federico Bravo - OUT
  • Mikey Lopez - OUT
Real Salt Lake
  • Aaron Maund - PROBABLE
  • Sunday Stephen - PROBABLE
  • Demar Phillips - PROBABLE
  • Boyd Okwuonu - PROBABLE
  • Phanuel Kavita - PROBABLE
  • Emery Welshman - PROBABLE
I saw this earlier on the NYC website and got excited to see Lopez out again. But if you read it also says Orlando City SC so I decided if there was one slip up maybe there's others. So when I checked mls' injury report it did not have Lopez. That report was updated June 1st. So I don't know what is going on.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/injuries

Embarrassing that game isn't live. Can't go to this game, listed my tickets and they didn't sell. I would've even took $10 a ticket so my seats got filled...but I'm not allowed to sell MY tickets for what I want...so I'm beat & there's empty seats. Totally makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.