Status
Not open for further replies.

Falastur

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 20, 2014
Herts, UK
Time to get our season back on track with another home victory. DC United are next - just them and then Columbus Crew to go and we will have tested ourselves against every Eastern Conference side at least once.

Gate is on August 13th
Kick-off at 7pm
Broadcast is MLS Live
Three points are at stake

COYBIB

It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd we get for this Thursday nighter. IIRC the only one we played so far (Philly) was the lowest crowd of the season (20K? 21K?). I would like to think a better NYCFC, better weather and a better opponent will boost attendance.

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to make it, but we'll be there for the next home game vs Columbus.

Heard this might be dcs line up

----------Obama-----Joe Biden-----------
-----------------George Bush SR--------------
---Hilary Clinton-------------------Dick Cheyney
-----------------George Bush JR-----------
---Reagan---------------------------------John Kerry--
-------Bill Clinton------Monica Lewinsky------
--------------------Condoleezza Rice----------

Sub- Donald Trump, Donald Trump's Toupee

Why the fuck would they put Reagan on the left and Kerry on the right?

Surprised they're starting Cheney; he's known for friendly fire.

They can't leave Trump on the bench. He made it quite clear that if he doesn't get selected then he'll go somewhere else.

That said, maybe that's not a bad thing for the female members of the team...

Legends is going to have such a corporate crowd for this one...
I'll probably be the only person in NYCFC apparel over the age of 21.

It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd we get for this Thursday nighter. IIRC the only one we played so far (Philly) was the lowest crowd of the season (20K? 21K?). I would like to think a better NYCFC, better weather and a better opponent will boost attendance.

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to make it, but we'll be there for the next home game vs Columbus.
icon_availability.png
Not Many Left

Reckon that answers that question.......

Kinda hard to predict the lineup until after Sunday's match. I wonder if Shelton might be back by then. Maybe we will get to see sbrylski's fantasy lineup for once. Theres hope..

Reactions: sbrylski
Because of the short rest, we'll probably see Grabavoy start this match (pending injury), which is the most upsetting thing about this game. I have to say, its pretty late to only be playing DC for the first time this year.

Reactions: FootyLovin
This game will probably be the most interesting lineup put out by Kreis all season with the short rest and Pirlo and Lampard playing both 90' (or so).

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Maybe I'm too optimistic but I don't feel that fatigue should be a major concern for the starting lineup - I'd be happy to see exactly the same group again.

I do think there is a strong argument to be made in favor of moving Mix back to take Jacobsen's place and putting Poku up front, but I would also love to see us build some consistency week to week, something that has been sorely lacking so far.

I can't make it. Feel bad but from CT on a weeknight not doable and I'm battling illness. Will watch on TV of course. I don't really watch non NYC MLS so I know little of DC other than they have a good record.

Status
Not open for further replies.