MLS Cup Playoffs - October 17 - Miami (Home)

Exactly. I opted out of all the RBA matches but would go to the playoffs. But can’t go that Monday night even if I really wanted to. But I also don’t want to opt out of *all* the playoffs either. But also also, don’t want to be forced to buy RBA and Hartford tickets, for example. Really annoyed by the whole thing.

All that being said, despite all the uncertainty I may just opt in and then sell the ones I can’t go to on here. Plus I’ll have a spare ticket if anyone needs one even if I do go as I have two seats.

Ugh, this is way too complicated LOL

this is my situation too. i thought about just opting in and then reselling the ticket, but that seems like more hassle than its worth.

why couldn't the club figure out a temporary stadium situation in the style of what QBFC are working on and that be our home until an actual stadium is built, kinda like what Miami have done? QBFC could make it happen but we couldn't?

very disappointed with the ticket situation. considering we don't know where we're gonna play with 100% certainty for home games, having some flexibility with opting in/out would have been nice.

Exactly. I opted out of all the RBA matches but would go to the playoffs. But can’t go that Monday night even if I really wanted to. But I also don’t want to opt out of *all* the playoffs either. But also also, don’t want to be forced to buy RBA and Hartford tickets, for example. Really annoyed by the whole thing.

All that being said, despite all the uncertainty I may just opt in and then sell the ones I can’t go to on here. Plus I’ll have a spare ticket if anyone needs one even if I do go as I have two seats.

Ugh, this is way too complicated LOL

Exactly. It’s too complicated. Make it easy on those of us thay can’t get to RBA on a Monday night. Give us a separate opt out or strike a deal with the league thay it won’t be Monday so we can plan accordingly. We’re the only club with this issue.

Reactions: Vallos
To be fair, we don't have to opt out until Tuesday, at which time we should know what we are dealing with.

On the other hand, I am going to be out of town this weekend, so I couldn't go no matter where the game is played, but I don't see why that should mean I can't buy tickets for any subsequent games.

They will announce Monday, but given that there will be two games at RBA they will probably want a day in between and RBNJ gets the first pick, so they will choose Saturday and we will get relegated to Monday.
Good, 2 extra days to heal up and prepare!! :cool:

Reactions: Kjbert
They will announce Monday, but given that there will be two games at RBA they will probably want a day in between and RBNJ gets the first pick. I bet RBNJ will choose Saturday and we will get relegated to Monday for our playoff game.
Wouldn’t it be up to the broadcasters which games they want on tv?? I’d assume they paid millions to have these rights and they’d have some say in what games they want to broadcast to maximize viewership and commercial revenue. Maybe Red Bull does get priority because it’s their home stadium, but if ESPN/Fox/Unimas don’t want Red Bull on their station why would they be given priority to have a weekend game?

They will announce Monday, but given that there will be two games at RBA they will probably want a day in between and RBNJ gets the first pick. I bet RBNJ will choose Saturday and we will get relegated to Monday for our playoff game.

The teams don't choose their gamedates in the playoffs, MLS/TV networks do.

NYCFC vs Miami would seem to be the most high-profile game in the MLS Eastern playoffs (certainly better than Red Bulls/Cincy and Montreal/Orlando, so I would think we will be the 3pm game on Sunday. Red Bulls will either be Saturday or Monday night.

The teams don't choose their gamedates in the playoffs, MLS/TV networks do.

NYCFC vs Miami would seem to be the most high-profile game in the MLS Eastern playoffs (certainly better than Red Bulls/Cincy and Montreal/Orlando, so I would think we will be the 3pm game on Sunday. Red Bulls will either be Saturday or Monday night.
My assumption is that Miami would be the most attractive team to Unimas from the East. So if they are getting 1 match on Saturday from each conference, they would likely select us I'd think.
Sure, they probably want both LA teams, but FOX/ESPN probably want at least one of them.

Citi is on pace to be available! Hopefully the construction story was just speculation and they can hold it off and host us!
Although according to MLSsoccer the match is already confirmed for RBA.

Last edited:
My assumption is that Miami would be the most attractive team to Unimas from the East. So if they are getting 1 match on Saturday from each conference, they would likely select us I'd think.
Sure, they probably want both LA teams, but FOX/ESPN probably want at least one of them.

Unimas doesn't get first choice. ESPN and FOX do. My guess is that two of the larger media markets in the East will be something those networks want to have. Cincy, while a good story for the league, doesn't have that cache, and Montreal doesn't get rated in the US so they are the least appealing team in the playoffs. I bet Unimas gets stuck with Montreal.

7 on a Monday is rough. They really couldn't shoot for an 8 o'clock start time to give fans an extra hour to make it from work?

Anyone know what the drive is like to RBA from Westchester on a weeknight time and traffic-wise? Ugh

Anyone know what the drive is like to RBA from Westchester on a weeknight time and traffic-wise? Ugh

I've done it after weekday games -- it's usually pretty smooth sailing, though sometimes I end up going to the Tappan Zee. Can usually make it back with minimal traffic, even on the GWB. On the way TO the game is .. a different story. Not great.

Reactions: JayH