Montreal - Postmatch

Thinking about a Montreal away trip if there is a good weekend next year.

Sounds like it is worth it - despite the high school stadium. Agree?

So worth it. It's a fantastic city that is growing quickly. I've been several times and it's changed a lot. It's a must see.

From the good folks behind @GameFlowxPG. The taller the bar, the closer a given possession got to a good shooting position. The fatter it is, the longer one team controlled the ball (not accounting for stoppages of play).

Like you'd expect, it shows a choppy game with a little more control for NYCFC but not a lot of danger in either direction.

PDgAn1n.png

Last edited:
From the good folks behind @GameFlowxPG. The taller the bar, the closer a given possession got to a good shooting position. The fatter it is, the longer one team controlled the ball (not accounting for stoppages of play).

Like you'd expect, it shows a choppy game with a little more control for NYCFC but not a lot of danger in either direction.

PDgAn1n.png

Montreal by far and away had the best chance (that long skinny bar at minute 27 or so) - that’s got to be their goal right?

But kind of shows that NYCFC had more of the ball, albeit useless, especially as the game went on.

I like this graph.

Also, NYCFC’s XG for this game was 0.22 - not including the OG.

0.22 is Colorado Rapids level of offensive excellence. 0.22!! Woof.

Most teams get to at least 1 xG for each game, if not more.

Montreal by far and away had the best chance (that long skinny bar at minute 27 or so) - that’s got to be their goal right?

But kind of shows that NYCFC had more of the ball, albeit useless, especially as the game went on.

I like this graph.

Also, NYCFC’s XG for this game was 0.22 - not including the OG.

0.22 is Colorado Rapids level of offensive excellence. 0.22!! Woof.

Most teams get to at least 1 xG for each game, if not more.

NYCFC's 0.26 xG (by ASA's model) was the sixth-lowest by any team this season. I was going to say it wasn't that bad because Berget would have gotten 0.3ish xG on that chance that produced Montreal's own goal, but I just rewatched and he had already whiffed on the ball. That's so Jo! TM

PDgAn1n.png
I like this chart. I would like it a lot more if possessions that ended in a shot were indicated.

Montreal Impact forward Ignacio Piatti has been fined an undisclosed amount after being found guilty of simulation/embellishment in the 11th minute of the Impact's game against New York City FC on Sept. 22.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018...ttee-fines-piatti-edwards-issues-warning-fire
Have fines for similar dives been handed out in the past?

That was definitely embellishment, but I feel like I've seen similar or worse that have gone unpunished, but it's definitely possible I've just missed any actions taken.

Back