NYCFC Around the City & World

oh this thread is back? lol just fyi one of the construction workers near my building had the 2016 black nycfc GK jersey. flashback to Saunders years

For your information, when i walk out my door in this great city, birds sing and the sun shines bright. people greet me with a smile and a nice lady buys me a coffee and a bagel with lox.

i also might have walked through a lot of second hand weed smoke.

And rats. You forgot the rats.

And rats. You forgot the rats.
cute-pet-rats-60__880.jpg

Recently I attended the PHX Rising @ LV Lights match in Vegas, and I wore the sugar skull tshirt, and a Third Rail scarf - I got stopped by multiple workers there to talk 'shop,' one guy even finger-gunning me saying "Third Rail - love ittttt" !

I talked on the way out to another LV employee who is a founding member of the Phila. Union, he had great tales to tell about their Open Cup woes, and said he'd link up free tickets to a match next time I'm there, so, yea - footy is the best family.

On my walks around downtown I've seen a few NYCFC kits here and there. It's always nice. Sometimes I'll say "Go City!" NYCFC just doesn't roll off the tongue as well.
Yeah, when I have given shoutouts, it usually is "Go City", which I don't really like doing, but it does roll off the tongue the easiest for what's more recognizable (i.e., I could say go Pigeons, but not as many people are onto that).

Yeah, when I have given shoutouts, it usually is "Go City", which I don't really like doing, but it does roll off the tongue the easiest for what's more recognizable (i.e., I could say go Pigeons, but not as many people are onto that).

At an Italian festival up here in MA last fall, i got two shout outs for my Pirlo City shirt, both guys said "c'mon New York" which I think is smooth and someone wearing a jersey should get it.

At an Italian festival up here in MA last fall, i got two shout outs for my Pirlo City shirt, both guys said "c'mon New York" which I think is smooth and someone wearing a jersey should get it.
The thing is, say it in MA and people assume there's a reason for it. Say it in NYC and you sound like someone with a disorder who randomly shouts out vaguely encouraging things. Especially true in a city that has at least 2 teams in every sport so just calling out NY instead of Giants or Mets or Knicks or whatever is not normal.

But I don't have a better suggestion. "Cmon City" is even more generic. I agree with LionNYC LionNYC that N-Y-C-F-C does not exactly flow off the tongue.

Which is why if I see someone in team gear I usually just stare silently and maybe they catch my eye and then I point to their shirt or hat and smile and they think I'm a weird stalker.

The thing is, say it in MA and people assume there's a reason for it. Say it in NYC and you sound like someone with a disorder who randomly shouts out vaguely encouraging things. Especially true in a city that has at least 2 teams in every sport so just calling out NY instead of Giants or Mets or Knicks or whatever is not normal.

But I don't have a better suggestion. "Cmon City" is even more generic. I agree with LionNYC LionNYC that N-Y-C-F-C does not exactly flow off the tongue.

Which is why if I see someone in team gear I usually just stare silently and maybe they catch my eye and then I point to their shirt or hat and smile and they think I'm a weird stalker.
LOL That's basically what I do when I see someone.

My brother jokes and says "oh you went to a nickfick game today?" that works pretty easily

i think a simple "NY IS BLUE" rolls off the tongue, isn't confused with man city, and other fans know exactly what you're talking about.

Some more NYCFC kits while in Hudson River Park over the past few weeks. Also seen Red Bull, Montreal, New England, Toronto, LAFC gear.

Took younger daughter on tour of UMich today. Tour guide asked if that was an NYCFC hat I was wearing. He admitted he is a saddened Revs fan. It was a great moment.
Another school employee recognized the hat later but I didn’t get a chance to follow up.

Took younger daughter on tour of UMich today. Tour guide asked if that was an NYCFC hat I was wearing. He admitted he is a saddened Revs fan. It was a great moment.
Another school employee recognized the hat later but I didn’t get a chance to follow up.
Did anyone punch you in the face?

Did anyone punch you in the face?
I mean it was just a hat. and the second guy didn’t seem put out. First guy was from Newton Mass.
Semi funny thing is the first guy assumed I was going to be more obnoxious than I was. I tried to tell him that I attended the NYCFC Cup win in Portland 2 weeks after watching Michigan beat Ohio State but he stopped listening halfway through the sentence and thought I said I was at the NYCFC win over the Revs and said he still has sad flashbacks to that game.

I mean it was just a hat. and the second guy didn’t seem put out. First guy was from Newton Mass.
Semi funny thing is the first guy assumed I was going to be more obnoxious than I was. I tried to tell him that I attended the NYCFC Cup win in Portland 2 weeks after watching Michigan beat Ohio State but he stopped listening halfway through the sentence and thought I said I was at the NYCFC win over the Revs and said he still has sad flashbacks to that game.
I assume 4 413Blue was sarcastically referencing the basketball coach's mini brawl that took place over the weekend, but could be wrong.

Back