Nycfc V Orlando City - Post-match

About the only encouraging thing I saw was Mena who, I thought, had a second good game in a row. .
You clearly weren't paying the least bit of fucking attention

Mena is probably our best defender. He is very good tackler and passer. He is fine in the box defensively. Not every goal is the fault of the closest defender. Wingert and Calle were letting good crosses in all game, and useless Jacobson was watching attackers run by him when he wasn't gifting them turnovers.

The mix haters should rewatch this game. Mix was doing work in the midfield. My suggestion, don't watch mix, watch what the guy does who receives his pass, mix almost always finds a guy with space and gives him the ball in stride. He is so good when he is centrally placed.

Lampard was already on holiday. McNamara looked rusty. Grabavoy sucks. To think that lineup could have had poku in for grabavoy, tells you all you need to know about kreis.

Oh, and I assume this means Angelino is gone.

Oh, and I assume this means Angelino is gone.
As soon as I saw the 18 I thought the same thing. Would be nice if they told us stuff.
Lampard was already on holiday.
I admittedly need to go back and check the schedule, but offhand I think we got maybe 5 decent games from this twerp. Are we sure he wasn't watching the Rangers at MSG again last night?

So glad I had a work function last night and didn't watch. Not so glad I got up at 6am to watch the game on tape. Fuck the DVR for working. I wish that the guide was correct and they showed that Spanish ultimate fighter movie for 4 hours.

Heart heartless. Mix Calle.

Reactions: Paul
I'll never understand the love for Mena. He was positionally shocking throughout the game. Sure, a couple of times he heaeded the ball away, but if that is all you want from your center half, I could play there. Several times there were just aimless jumps, missing the ball. Remember his sclaff that bounced off Saunders ass and went out for a corner? Pretty sure that happened more than once. When he scored his (not given) OG, Larin had kicked the ball away from the goal and Mena managed to carry it over the line.

As I recall for the winning goal, he lost his man, didn't track the defender, didn't put in a tackle, then when he was the last man on the line, STOOD ON THE POST leaving an open goal!!

Granted, I already didn't like him, which probably made me judge his game more harshly, but Christ almighty, we'd almost be better off putting in an old woman in a wheelchair at the back.

Reactions: JayH
I admittedly need to go back and check the schedule, but offhand I think we got maybe 5 decent games from this twerp.
I'll give Lampard 6.
  • First he skips 18 games via the December 31 announcement.
  • Eligible to start July 12, he la-de-da skips 3 more and first plays August 1 against Montreal.
  • 21 pointless minutes in that game, followed by 86 headless chicken minutes against NYRB.
  • Seeing as he showed up out-of-shape, needs 3 weeks off to recover.
  • Plays an average of 74 minutes the next 6 games, scoring 3 goals. I'm sure I could decide he was useless in one of those games if I really looked. But I'll give him all six.
  • Invisible last night. I expect he'll put forth a good effort at the home final next week, as will pretty much everyone else. But really, what difference at this point does it make.

• Invisible last night. I expect he'll put forth a good effort at the home final next week, as will pretty much everyone else. But really, what difference at this point does it make.
It will make me feel better about getting a redeye flight back from my law school reunion when I'll almost certainly feel like crap from drinking copious amounts of whiskey.

Some of you are having a bigger meltdown than the team right now.

Yeah, the hysteria is kind of, um, hysterical. Last night was bad - really bad - but not sure why this is the game that suddenly has people threatening not to show up at home games all of a sudden. Maybe it's like the guys who want to throw their season ticket on the field in disgust, but wait until the final whistle of the last game to do it.

Last night was a pretty typical NYCFC capitulation, with the usual issues in terms of team selection, but the most disappointing thing for me last night was the ineptitude of our much-lauded bench options. For all the constant hype, Poku and Shelton were dire when they came on. It's all well and good bitching about Grabavoy in every thread, but the alternatives don't look amazing right now.

Reactions: Jock
I'll never understand the love for Mena. He was positionally shocking throughout the game. Sure, a couple of times he heaeded the ball away, but if that is all you want from your center half, I could play there. Several times there were just aimless jumps, missing the ball. Remember his sclaff that bounced off Saunders ass and went out for a corner? Pretty sure that happened more than once. When he scored his (not given) OG, Larin had kicked the ball away from the goal and Mena managed to carry it over the line.

As I recall for the winning goal, he lost his man, didn't track the defender, didn't put in a tackle, then when he was the last man on the line, STOOD ON THE POST leaving an open goal!!

Granted, I already didn't like him, which probably made me judge his game more harshly, but Christ almighty, we'd almost be better off putting in an old woman in a wheelchair at the back.
I can't believe anyone could watch that game with grabavoy, wingert, kwame and jacobson and complain about mena.

Reactions: Paul and Gavin23
Tom, complaining about those guys goes without saying!

Agree with the above comments about Shelton too. Jeezo - it looked like a guy on his first professional outing. The drink had blocked it all from my mind until this morning...