NYCFC v Orlando Postmatch

MOTM

• Total voters
Should have been at least a point. We left goals on the table, and gave up such a stupid one.

Dominated possession, good pass completion percentage, just couldn't find the net. It happens.

Matarrita looked awesome again, and Mendoza could be awesome if he finds some chemistry with Villa and others.

Biggest head scratcher was the fact that Ballouchy came on instead of Poku. This seemed like the perfect scenario for a Poku sub, and he still didn't get on the field.

Anybody else keeping unimas on to watch whatever this show is?

Gonna make some good out of this terrible game and try to learn some spanish

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I give the team A LOT of credit. It was an enjoyable game to watch minus the lack of goals and the loss. Backline handled pressure. Mena will help even more as far as that's concerned. BUT WE HAVE TO FINISH CHANCES. Mix had a tap in just him and he keeper. I'm sure he's going to have nightmares about that one.
However, Saunders needs to see the bench. If PV isn't asking him to distribute then he needs to demand him to make good decision which he hasn't at all. Had a poor goal allowed last week too.
Shelton will probably start again. Don't think Mendoza did enough. He started strong but was invisible on the left and the team slowed down when PV switched. Not sure what the point of that was. We were very successful with Taylor and villa on the left.
Mac had an overall poor game.
Pirlo showed frustrations for a change and rightfully so.
Mullins showed why he's on the bench. Tunnel vision.
Think Mikey makes the bench next week and Poku stays on the bench too. Used a sub and given a chance.
Ballouchy was solid. Will say I was impressed and his passes found their mark.

Anybody else keeping unimas on to watch whatever this show is?

Gonna make some good out of this terrible game and try to learn some spanish

You couldn't pay me. They sure do leave some production value on the table with those games.

Reactions: Shane1988
Should have been at least a point. We left goals on the table, and gave up such a stupid one.

Dominated possession, good pass completion percentage, just couldn't find the net. It happens.

Matarrita looked awesome again, and Mendoza could be awesome if he finds some chemistry with Villa and others.

Biggest head scratcher was the fact that Ballouchy came on instead of Poku. This seemed like the perfect scenario for a Poku sub, and he still didn't get on the field.
Sounds like we have the same coach problems again. Should give Poku a chance.

Sounds like we have the same coach problems again. Should give Poku a chance.

Lol, if Kreis' only issue was that he wouldn't play Poku, Kreis would still be here.

And the fact that two consecutive coaches don't see what the fans see in Poku leads me to believe the problem isn't the coach, it's Poku. And they had the exact same criticisms - positioning and stamina.

Lol, if Kreis' only issue was that he wouldn't play Poku, Kreis would still be here.

And the fact that two consecutive coaches don't see what the fans see in Poku leads me to believe the problem isn't the coach, it's Poku. And they had the exact same criticisms - positioning and stamina.
Poku will get his chance. Whether it's earned in training or due to others in front of him losing theirs. The latter of which is more likely.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
F7mcsBu.png

Player influence from fourfourtwo.com: http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszon...VERALL_01#tabs-wrapper-anchor#:ekZ9Pg2MEMMeDA

Matarrita and Pirlo dominated. Mata made 28 passes to Pirlo, and Pirlo made 17 to Mata, the two biggest passing connections of the game.

We could use a breakout game by Villa.

Everyone gets a 10 from me for effort, they all were the man of the match for me, another night we score 3,4,5 goals easily, tonight wasn't our night, they ran themselves into the ground and gave 100%, couldn't ask for more, just couldn't do the most important thing and score

I need to join you guys for a live game on the live chat sometime

Reactions: Lasker and sbrylski
Ay ay ay, that was a frustrating game....

Playing it out from the back is fine, but we've shown since preseason IMO that we struggle in the final third. Everyone was playing a world cup ball in to space, or a flick and every time they were intercepted.

Especially after the 90 was up, people were yelling for the team to just punt it long and Saunders and the defense were standing playing short passes to each other.

There was definitely effort, but lacked cohesion. I thought Taylor looked promising again, Tommy didn't have his best game and Hernandez had two goal saving tackles so deserves a lot of credit for improving.

Also, if Khiry is still learning his trade, he sure as hell can't do it in our first team. Rightly hooked at half time.

Last season our third game was a 0-0 draw at Colorado. As terrible as this game felt the team is undeniably far better.

Pirlo has had two tremendous games, if he even comes close to keeping this up his detractors around the league will be eating their words, if they aren't already.

Seeing our defense contain Larin was encouraging, as was Viera's readiness to sub on Mendoza at the half. His later subs were a bit more open to question but Ballouchy looked better than expected. Mix had a great game with the exception of the three tremendous chances he failed to convert, especially the third one, which seemed a certain goal.

Shelton was dreadful and Mcnamera was largely anonymous as well. Villa had a poor showing by his standards, but had at few fine passes. I often get the feeling that his role in our system needs to be more defined. Taylor is very fun to watch and had a good game, though I wouldn't mind seeing him cut inside and shoot more often. Matarrita is a fantastic addition to the team and Hernandez and Iraola also had solid games. I feel as good about our defenders as I ever have.

Credit to Orlando who played a smart if increasingly cynical game. I don't like their players and they were undoubtably a bit lucky but I think they are one of the best coached teams in the league.

Sky sports did well to capture the atmosphere of the stadium but I was a bit disappointed to hear "we want Poku", which really comes off as boorish when the team is playing as well as they did, and the booing at the end of the game gave me a similar feeling. Maybe it was directed at something not shown on TV though. The referee called a frustratingly loose game but I don't think it really hurt us.

Last edited: