Our 4 New Arrivals And Their Numbers

They should lose their contract when it comes up for renewal. Nike should take it. Little competition. Or even better let teams sign their own.
Adidas has 3 years left on their deal it ends after 2018. After that it is going to be a bidding war.

I sent Michael Peng a message and asked about Oguchi Onyewu signing and he said he was injured a few weeks back and is not expected to sign. We knew he got injured but more importantly he isn't practicing and at this point that should be telling that he will not end up signing.

Reactions: PB3 and Kjbert
They should lose their contract when it comes up for renewal. Nike should take it. Little competition. Or even better let teams sign their own.

They won't let teams sign their own deals, because there would be too much disparity between the big and small sellers. There are only a few teams that would benefit from the move away from a league-wide deal, so they won't have the votes to do so.

He's a freelance writer for a couple of different spots. He is currently at practice now. Lamps practicing and the others are not here yet.

Damn, really surprised they aren't in town this week. If they are getting settled in with the team on Tuesday, that means they only have four days of training before the July 12 game against Toronto. I assume Iraola starts anyway, but Angelino will probably be given some more time to settle in.

Damn, really surprised they aren't in town this week. If they are getting settled in with the team on Tuesday, that means they only have four days of training before the July 12 game against Toronto. I assume Iraola starts anyway, but Angelino will probably be given some more time to settle in.
Yeah I can't imagine Angelino starting even NYCFC are promoting Lampard and Iaorla and nothing about Angelino. They will take it slow with him.

I agree in theory but not that simple. need to consider Generation Adidas contracts. There still needs to be a mechanism for that.

I agree in theory but not that simple. need to consider Generation Adidas contracts. There still needs to be a mechanism for that.
It's just a name. Same thing used to be Project 40 and was sponsored by Nike.

Reactions: MagnusPax
It's just a name. Same thing used to be Project 40 and was sponsored by Nike.

Not what I'm getting at. GA is more than just a name. It's a mechanism, like homegrown and DP, that keeps players off the salary cap list.

Not what I'm getting at. GA is more than just a name. It's a mechanism, like homegrown and DP, that keeps players off the salary cap list.
Right. What I'm saying is the mechanism was the creation of USSF and MLS. The name sponsor, just like shirt sponsor (or manufacturer), is subject to change upon contract renewal.

Right. What I'm saying is the mechanism was the creation of USSF and MLS. The name sponsor, just like shirt sponsor (or manufacturer), is subject to change upon contract renewal.
Exactly. Just like in Nascar it used to be the Winston Cup and is now the Sprint Cup (I think). Or in England it used to be the Carling Cup and is now the Capitol One Cup. Heck, it used to be EPL, then went to BPL, and is now going back to EPL again.

Exactly. Just like in Nascar it used to be the Winston Cup and is now the Sprint Cup (I think). Or in England it used to be the Carling Cup and is now the Capitol One Cup. Heck, it used to be EPL, then went to BPL, and is now going back to EPL again.

Technically, the 'E' is something other people add. The competition's actual name is just the PL. I agree with the point you're making though.

69 haven´t been controversial since the 80´s have it?.. 71 was the millenium version as I recall it :D

The 51 for Iraola is just his Atl Bilbao number backwards.
Pirlo´s number is almost given.
8 for Lampard is standard, used it at Chelsea and Man City

I know it said 51 on the board at the game, but when the players were up on the site last night, it said Iraola was number 2

Reactions: Kjbert