Preseason - All Matches

I think that's exactly what Vieira wants to see happen. He wants to see how his players perform when they're uncomfortable. A situation where a a player is issued a red card for example.
I'd like to see something somewhat close to the final lineup, even if they don't get a full 90.

I think that's exactly what Vieira wants to see happen. He wants to see how his players perform when they're uncomfortable. A situation where a a player is issued a red card for example.
How uncomfortable do you really want the other players to be if Jacobson is sweeping?

Totally insane! They played a 3 man backline in all but name last game. I think you will see the 433, but with bravo dropped BTW the CBs and the full backs as the 2. So

----brillant--bravo--white
-----------pirlo-mix------------
--iraola_---------------matarrita
Poku-------villa------- taylor
On board with this, apart from it being upside down.

Matarrita is an offensive player naturally, forced into the LB spot because (1) it was a need for Costa Rica, and (2) he can handle it. He's both our best LB and LW.

I say push him up. Adding a third CB really releases him down the wing. Depending on how deep our wingers are at any given moment, we might look like a 3-4-2-1, 3-2-4-1, or 3-2-2-3. I think it's flexible without surrendering defense, and I'm optimistic about it.

Reactions: gbservis
Gall/Mullins/Gomez Poku/Ballouchy Bravo/Lopez Ivanov/Hernandez/Iraola Johansen

Reactions: sbrylski
And in a 3-2-2-3...cute.

Gall/Mullins/Gomez
Poku/Ballouchy
Bravo/Lopez
Ivanov/Hernandez/Iraola
Johansen
I bet someone has already done this but can I get some info on Gall and Gomez? Are they American? And isn't Ivanov another international slot that we don't have?

I bet someone has already done this but can I get some info on Gall and Gomez? Are they American? And isn't Ivanov another international slot that we don't have?
I know Romain Gall is a French-American and I believe he was in MLS before and has played for the US youth national teams.

I don't know anything on Gomez.

Reactions: JCMore
I know Romain Gall is a French-American and I believe he was in MLS before and has played for the US youth national teams.

Believe Gall was in Columbus. I heard their podcast talking about him and it seemed like he had some promise but was squeezed out by numbers and lack of opportunity.

And in a 3-2-2-3...cute.

Gall/Mullins/Gomez
Poku/Ballouchy
Bravo/Lopez
Ivanov/Hernandez/Iraola
Johansen

Time for Poku and Mullins to make their cases to be starters. Yes, the supporting cast around them is weaker than our best line up but we are also playing a lower division team.

I'm fairly certain that Shannon Gomez is 19 or 20 yrs old, is from Trinidad and has 1 or 2 caps for their national team.

Did he not look good?

For those who watched, reports please!
Started the videocast late so it stopped on me with 20 minute to play - didn't really see any NYCFC subs/starters in action.

What I did see was that the team moved the ball better than the last game, but honestly, it was impossible to gauge Mullins with the subpar service he was receiving from two trialist wingers and a really makeshift midfield. In many ways the same goes for Poku because he was passing to the trialist wingers. Hernandez looks so nervous on the ball its sad to watch - he's in the Saunders club of wanting to kick it up field as quickly as possible.