Qatar 2022 - The Shitshow

There’s are some national kits that are just plain iconic. Right away you recognize the nation playing and everyone can agree it’s a beautiful kit. For marketing purposes they may rif on those designs from cycle to cylcle, but the basic elements remain the same. If they didn’t, the fanbases woudl proabbaly revolt. We as a nation were lucky enough to stumble upon such a kit and for some reason, even though we’re still contracted with the same brand that designed it, our federation refuses to adopt it. It’s maddening.

View attachment 12215View attachment 12216View attachment 12217View attachment 12218View attachment 12219
it does annoy me. It's like the way Croatia always riffs off of their flag's checkered pattern. It's practically a free win every time.

We have a free win because of our flag and 90% of our kits are not even close. Like what?

Reactions: adam
it does annoy me. It's like the way Croatia always riffs off of their flag's checkered pattern. It's practically a free win every time.

We have a free win because of our flag and 90% of our kits are not even close. Like what?
Hoops perennial.
Bomb pop variant every 10-20 years.
Something super weird and funky like denim every 20-40 years.

Hoops perennial.
Bomb pop variant every 10-20 years.
Something super weird and funky like denim every 20-40 years.

Agree 100% on this.
Just make the hoops a thing. Red hoops, blue hoops, red and blue hoops, i don't really care. White hoops on red background even. But just make it hoops! how hard is it? lol

Reactions: Schwallacus
MV5BMTYyNDMzMzk2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjY5OTIwMjE@._V1_.jpg

Lol ESPN has no broadcast rights for the World Cup but Fox does. It has nothing to do with being a "real journalist." Flip the rights and Schaap cowers and Rob Stone would be "brave."
FOX won the FIFA World Cup rights in a scandal. They didn't cover any of the negative issues with Russia when it hosted in 2018 and are doing the same with Qatar.

Maybe ESPN would have, maybe they wouldn't. Still, it's good that journalism is doing what it should, with or without the media rights.

If you like your WC corruption journalism in pod form (nvm mgarbowski mgarbowski ), Men in Blazers’ Roger Bennett and Pod Save the World’s Tommy Vietor teamed up for this one.

I listened to the first 2 episodes so far. As a pretty knowledgeable fan they hadn't broken a ton of new ground for me, but it's hard not to enjoy listening to Roger Bennett.

There are definitely some things about Wahl that are annoying, but he can also do really good work. His story about the Reyna family and their loss of young Jack being one example.
Totally fair. He does have some great work.

He's also just incredibly annoying and quite often hypocritical.