Revs Postmatch

Didn't get to watch this but honestly why has PV made changes when everything was so perfect and we looked dangerous.. Blows my mind. And then he brushes off the questions at the meet and greet.

Didn't get to watch this but honestly why has PV made changes when everything was so perfect and we looked dangerous.. Blows my mind. And then he brushes off the questions at the meet and greet.

He said during the week that he wanted to start resting guys with the playoffs looming. That probably explains Iraola. Matarrita's young enough that he's probably not a concern, while Chanot played midweek for country. It also probably explains why Villa, despite ineffectiveness, was pulled at 60'. If he's not doing much, might as well save his bullets. Pirlo and Lampard will probably get a day on the bench soon, too. It's all about the long-range forecast.

He said during the week that he wanted to start resting guys with the playoffs looming. That probably explains Iraola. Matarrita's young enough that he's probably not a concern, while Chanot played midweek for country. It also probably explains why Villa, despite ineffectiveness, was pulled at 60'. If he's not doing much, might as well save his bullets. Pirlo and Lampard will probably get a day on the bench soon, too. It's all about the long-range forecast.
I get that but I'm referring to ever since JH went to RB and we stopped playing decent football

I stayed up till 3am to watch this!

Honestly the back four were terrible, We were outrun and outplayed, really missed Iraola sitting infront.

Just a poor game all round.

Glad Viera had the balls to take Villa off and try to do something positive, but the defending was shocking.

Also Saunders and his defenders passing around the box is so poor at times the put themselves under unneccesary pressure.

Uninspired performance really, especially after the game against DC. I expected more.

Quick question as well, because I don't really hear the gossip/rumours over here in the UK, whats going on with Mix ?

Cheers

I'm pretty sure the whole team just forgot to get off the bus in Foxboro.

Also, holy Jesus did it ever hurt my eyes trying to watch that match with all the NFL lines out there on the pitch. What a storm of visual noise.

My head hurt after watching a replay of that game and it wasnt just from NYC's play either

I'm so tired of Vieira's insistence of playing shitty caliber players while letting better ones languish on the bench. Saunder's has become a given, so whatever - we'll continue to lead the league in goals allowed. But to play Hernandez at Right Back when every single game he commits absolute blunders not only creates chaos for the rest of the team but is pure idiocy by the head coach. Even in the 2-0 win vs Red Bull, Hernandez continuously made passing and marking errors - we won that game despite him. Last night on the second goal, Hernadez shifted centrally going to the ground to block a feint rather tha staying on the outside to mark the guy receiving the pass/scoring the goal. The first goal he wasn't even marking the outside runner - he had taken up a central spot at the top of the box. It's like he forgets what position he's playing.

Reactions: Gavin23
I'm so tired of Vieira's insistence of playing shitty caliber players while letting better ones languish on the bench. Saunder's has become a given, so whatever - we'll continue to lead the league in goals allowed. But to play Hernandez at Right Back when every single game he commits absolute blunders not only creates chaos for the rest of the team but is pure idiocy by the head coach. Even in the 2-0 win vs Red Bull, Hernandez continuously made passing and marking errors - we won that game despite him. Last night on the second goal, Hernadez shifted centrally going to the ground to block a feint rather tha staying on the outside to mark the guy receiving the pass/scoring the goal. The first goal he wasn't even marking the outside runner - he had taken up a central spot at the top of the box. It's like he forgets what position he's playing.
But he brings leadership [insert the sarcasm font]

On the bright side he seems to be done with his Mikey Lopez obsession.

Scoreline wasn't as bad and there isn't as much emotion wrapped up in it, but that may actually have been a worse performance than the 7-0.

I think that only good thing is that it became pretty apparent that you cannot play all of Hernandez, Bravo and Mena (or maybe even any two of them) and still expect to be able to work out of the back. The first half in particular was so sad in terms watching skittish passing around the back with absolutely no no ability to break their first line of defense. This wasn't a game where our guys were getting pressed very heavily. The just could not get the ball forward. Then they'd look like 2015 NYCFC scrambling on defense once it turned over (though credit to NE for some slick passing).

I think Bravo was the biggest disappointment to me because I had a notion that he could help cure some of the problems we've seen when we get overrun in the midfield with our usual starting three, but he really struggled in all aspects last night. Mena was awful, but I think that was more just a bad game for him. I still think he is pretty good, but is a bad fit for our system. Nothing more to say on Hernandez at RB - my lone bright spot is that this hopefully finally ends that absurdity.

I am heading to the practice in Purchase on Tuesday morning with the family. I feel like I have a lot to address in limited time. I will do my best.

Scoreline wasn't as bad and there isn't as much emotion wrapped up in it, but that may actually have been a worse performance than the 7-0.

I think that only good thing is that it became pretty apparent that you cannot play all of Hernandez, Bravo and Mena (or maybe even any two of them) and still expect to be able to work out of the back. The first half in particular was so sad in terms watching skittish passing around the back with absolutely no no ability to break their first line of defense. This wasn't a game where our guys were getting pressed very heavily. The just could not get the ball forward. Then they'd look like 2015 NYCFC scrambling on defense once it turned over (though credit to NE for some slick passing).

I think Bravo was the biggest disappointment to me because I had a notion that he could help cure some of the problems we've seen when we get overrun in the midfield with our usual starting three, but he really struggled in all aspects last night. Mena was awful, but I think that was more just a bad game for him. I still think he is pretty good, but is a bad fit for our system. Nothing more to say on Hernandez at RB - my lone bright spot is that this hopefully finally ends that absurdity.
They really did look like last year's team last night. Good call.

The Bravo thing baffles me too. He's pretty bad as an outlet target and not the best on the ball, so if you know you're planning to play the absolute worst technical person on the team as the RB, and Iraola traditionally has to bail him out with a tight square pass, why would you put your technical-tweedle-Dee next to the less technical-tweedle-dumb? And, the game was on turf, making Bravo's touch that much worse. I'd venture that if the idea was to rest Iraola, little Mikey would have been a better option purely because he's undoubtedly got more experience on turf and he's so spastic with his energy he could have man-marked Nguyen the entire game. He also is far better technically on the ball than Bravo.

Reactions: wolfehr