Seattle Postmatch

Villa had been in a mini slump goal scoring ( not overall play wise) as he tried to get 50 . I'm not surprised that 51 came quick after hopefully they'll start coming in droves again now. Must have some kind of record for braces without a hat trick . Jack's pass and his finish we're gorgeous .

Wallace was frustrating at times would like to blame his lack of finishing on the weather but not sure that's it.

Herrera impressed can't wait to see both him and Maxi at the same time

Great to be on the plus side of all time wins and losses think we're well on our way to insuring it stays that way for good by seasons end.

That was a blast -- love standing and singing/chanting in the pouring rain while our boys are fighting and playing well. Reminiscent of the Rapids match last year -- not as dominant of course. This team, when everyone's available, has tons of potential.

I've only seen highlights, but that Harrison to Villa combination for the winner was just glorious.
I decided to forego my bourgie seats and go to my best seats in 215 with Nigs (Dnigly13). And This cannot be overstated. It was one of the best soccer plays I've ever seen.

Jack gets the ball and challenges his defender for a moment. He sees Villa on the edge of the 18. He deeks the defender and turns his back to the run like he's going to try to dribble him.

Then, he plays a blind cross to the back post. Some will say it was luck, but that's horseshit. He did exactly what he meant, and it was ballsy and glorious and something you only see from players who are a cut above.

My thoughts on the game are thus:

Yangel Herrera is a fucking beast. So is Ring.

PV put on his big boy pants and managed around a very difficult situation with Maxi out. He absolutely nailed it, with one exception.

That exception is Ucubed. He is the man out of place with what we have now. He shouldn't ever play as a starter and rarely as a sub. Easily, the weak link today.

On a nice day, we win that one 5-2. Today wasn't that day. Today, our manager imposed his will to win on the team, and we gritted out an ugly 3 points.

I'm as happy about this win as I've been any in our history. Great day at the stadium. Great day to support NYC.

Last edited:
And one more thing: David Villa is the best player to ever play in MLS and should win the MVP if his season ended tomorrow.

The man is entirely different than Year 1. Today, around the 55th minute, he loses the ball in or around the box. He immediately chased down the Seattle left back, winning the ball but being whistled at midfield while we were at a numbers disadvantage.

Confidently file that one under "shit you'd never see from Giovinco", then stuff it in your pipe and smoke it.

What a fucking legend he is. We will all look back in our senior years and tell stories of days like today. This is how you build the story of a club. Not with tifos and trite nicknames, but with legendary effforts from generational talents.

What a player. What a day.

Last edited:
Wallace was frustrating at times
You misspelled fantastic. He chased down everything and didn't let Seattle's back four rest for one millisecond.

I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league given what we have at other positions. He does the dirty work with a level of enthusiasm you just don't find in players with his tactical acumen and technical skill.

The guy is a straight up player who would contribute to any club because he's smart, hard-working, and reasonably technically gifted. I love him.

It's hard to say he's the best addition we made, but he's damn important. It's only that we created a midfield where once there was none that keeps him from being hands down the signing of the year.

Last edited:
David Villa is my favorite player who will EVER wear a NYCFC shirt. He is incredible.

Took some family members who had never been to a soccer match -- despite the weather they loved it -- want to go again!

Crowd was awesome. First of all, hats off to everyone who sat out in the elements. I was right on the edge of cover so I got a little wet, but everyone below me looked like they'd jumped in a pool. Very loud up in 229, singing and clapping along to the supporters' section at times -- We've got some hearty folks in this City of ours.

Don't know how useful it is to break that game down too much, the field was so waterlogged it completely changed the game. I actually thought the ref was putting a stop to it just after halftime at one point.

A great game, a fun game, and I loved that midfield. I'd want to see that same midfield vs RB except with Lewis on the wing with Wallace not McNamara.

One story: After the Harrison no call PK, Vieira was irate yelling at the sideline official and the 4th official and Sibiga Everyone on the NYCFC bench was irate. Jorge Gonzalez is yelling at Vieira that that's enough. He even warns to players on the bench. Sibiga comes over after Gonzalez gets on his mic and warns two players on the NYCFC bench. Later on, I'm still screaming at all the officials about the call. "DO YOUR JOB." "THAT'S A PENALTY." Then I look over to Gonzalez and point that he could see that, get on the mic. Then I make the TV signal for VAR and he shakes his head yes.

SO AT LEAT IT WOULD HAVE GONE TO REPLAY. IF WE HAD IT ALREADY!

You misspelled fantastic. He chased down everything and didn't let Seattle's back four rest for one millisecond.

I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league given what we have at other positions. He does the dirty work with a level of enthusiasm you just don't find in players with his tactical acumen and technical skill.

The guy is a straight up player who would contribute to any club because he's smart, hard-working, and reasonably technically gifted. I love him.

It's hard to say he's the best addition we made, but he's damn important. It's only that we created a midfield where once there was none that keeps him from being hands down the signing of the year.

Agree with you on wallaces energy and defensive presence. He's just not finishing the way he was to start the season.

I felt Tommy Mac was more involved in the flow of play today. I think the snail's pace in the waterlogged field helped him. Every time he fell behind the play the ball would get caught in a puddle.

But seriously, Yangel is so so promising. Technically gifted, great passer, fast and emphatic tackler. He truly is a poor man's Vidal. Our MF with him, Ring, Maxi and Wallace is a cut above anybody's. I just hope Matarrita comes back soon and stays fit, because he's becoming our 2017 version of Lampard. Minus the goals.

It was lucky nobody got seriously injured today, there was so much sliding and crashing.

A great game, a fun game, and I loved that midfield. I'd want to see that same midfield vs RB except with Lewis on the wing with Wallace not McNamara.

One story: After the Harrison no call PK, Vieira was irate yelling at the sideline official and the 4th official and Sibiga Everyone on the NYCFC bench was irate. Jorge Gonzalez is yelling at Vieira that that's enough. He even warns to players on the bench. Sibiga comes over after Gonzalez gets on his mic and warns two players on the NYCFC bench. Later on, I'm still screaming at all the officials about the call. "DO YOUR JOB." "THAT'S A PENALTY." Then I look over to Gonzalez and point that he could see that, get on the mic. Then I make the TV signal for VAR and he shakes his head yes.

SO AT LEAT IT WOULD HAVE GONE TO REPLAY. IF WE HAD IT ALREADY!

Well Villa's first goal was not even close to a PK, so everything evens out. But I hear ya.

Your posts are much more fun to read after wins. Haha.

But I agree that he's been a massive upgrade. Great game. great result. Great fans.
Ahh, if you'll notice, my posts reflect how we play, regardless of result.

Unsurprisingly, when we play in a way of which I'm okay, we usually win. Not a shocker there.

But still never okay with Ucubed and Lopez. They just suck.

Oh, and yet another final thought, Pirlo has def been Mixed. And I'm way more okay with that than I was with Mix being Mixed.