SKC Postmatch

Amazing game. For all the games where our A-/B+ squad has been hard to watch, this B squad really showed up.

Pirlo was great. Callens and Brillant were great. Sweat showed well. Jon Lewis was strong until the puzzling early sub. Not sure Tommy or Khiry brought anything.

Can't quantify 'heart' but this was it. If we can bring this every game we'll win the cup. In the meantime, I'm just happy to see these guys prove us wrong.

Maxi was great. He is my MOTM. Pirlo was good also. After the goal, did anyone see him just shove a KC player out of his way near the center circle?! I lol'd

Okoli was decent in the 1st half, but the wheels came of in the 2nd. Not making runs, just wandering around. Shelton has no idea what to do when he has the ball. Zero, nada. The cross sent in that hit both Shelton and Okoli and then bounced out as they ran into the far corner of the goal was a perfect representaion of their contribution.

Just think - when we're the biggest team in the world, selling out some 70,000-seater bowl every week with Lionel Messi's twins playing centre mid, you'll be able to say: I was there when Jack Harrison showed he could do it on a wet Wednesday night against SKC.

The one thing our Boss NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan has always said is that my over sensitivity to Andrea makes it hard for me to understand what people say about him . Like it's personal when it's really professional . The harsh criticism is based on his performance and that None of you care about his private life .

So it's with that I Thank Everyone for the kindness they've shown Andrea in this game . I was shocked to see some positive remarks from none other than Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan and Fake Jew Fake Jew on the shout box . Wow even Seven Seven had something nice to say . Maybe it was all due to the rain in NY and the storms hitting us all over the place .

My Italian friends J Joseph Bianco Mario and SanBartG this should go to show you that whenever the mud is being slung at us for our Pirlo Love from the storms of Hate . There can be sun and a silver lining to those clouds !

My last remark is all I know is that I went to go brush my teeth and BAMB The Candy Boy was in !! How the Hell did that Happen ????!!!!!o_Oo_Oo_O:confused::confused::confused:

WOW I was so unexcited going into this match with our C + squad out there what a pleasant surprise. Ian Joy was really harsh on commentary with the lineup we had I thought we well exceeded expectations. Tied with last year now on wins I believe ? So one more and it's a new all time record for us.

Maxi bossed it really unlucky to not get on the score sheet.

Pirlo's best game all year though he was better in the first than the second

It's been said but Jack NEEDED that hopefully he'll go on a better stretch of form now

Shelton does suck one of my only negatives from tonight.

Would have liked to have seen Sands but I can kind of get not putting in a 17 year old for his first MLS action when tied and then holding on to a one goal lead in the pouring rain.

God that was some tonic after the putrid USA performances this last week

Still gotta get better at playing guys into space and on goal. We really could have had 5. Okoli frustrated me to no end tonight. He's often in the right spot, but there's always something. He's off balance, he slips, a half step behind. Weird to think that this backline can play pretty well. SJ had like maybe a save or two.

Still gotta get better at playing guys into space and on goal. We really could have had 5. Okoli frustrated me to no end tonight. He's often in the right spot, but there's always something. He's off balance, he slips, a half step behind. Weird to think that this backline can play pretty well. SJ had like maybe a save or two.
Ike Opara had Ugo's number all game. Against lesser competition, Ugo would have at least one goal if not two.

I was half watching this game while out at a work dinner.

One thing I want to point out, that others have mentioned is that Shelton did not look good. BUT, I don't think I can pin the no-goal on him on the cross that Okoli biffed. Okoli should have sent that clean in, and if he missed it, Khiry was there to clean it up. I don't blame Khiry for being in the way for an Okoli bif on the cross.

Brought a coworker to his first MLS (and actually first soccer) match. Kinda felt bad bringing him to a rainy, "everyone and their mother is injured" midweek match, but it turned out to be a good one! Plenty of things happening on the field to talk to him about.

I was pleasantly surprised by Pirlo. I was telling my coworker how his slower, more technical play doesn't always work against other faster, more aggressive MLS teams and that he sometimes has difficulty keeping up. Man, did I eat my words.

I don't know SKC's keeper's name, but can we make him honorary MOTM or something? He had some pretty nice saves. Pretty sure the only reason we finally got one is was because we just kept shooting.

Brought a coworker to his first MLS (and actually first soccer) match. Kinda felt bad bringing him to a rainy, "everyone and their mother is injured" midweek match, but it turned out to be a good one! Plenty of things happening on the field to talk to him about.

I was pleasantly surprised by Pirlo. I was telling my coworker how his slower, more technical play doesn't always work against other faster, more aggressive MLS teams and that he sometimes has difficulty keeping up. Man, did I eat my words.

I don't know SKC's keeper's name, but can we make him honorary MOTM or something? He had some pretty nice saves. Pretty sure the only reason we finally got one is was because we just kept shooting.
Melia?

Was surprised to hear so many compliments from the SKC guys about our CB pairing. They had great things to say about Callens especially.
How does that surprise you? Callens is a physical freak. Been huge all year.

Brillant is a nailed on starter at CB for probably 16 or more teams. We just have 2 of the top 10 CBs in the league ahead of him.

How does that surprise you? Callens is a physical freak. Been huge all year.

Brillant is a nailed on starter at CB for probably 16 or more teams. We just have 2 of the top 10 CBs in the league ahead of him.
Surprised only because we aren't known to be a strong defensive team, and yet a west coast team's commentators was more knowledgeable then a lot of the MLS "analysts" who still think this is the NYCFC defense of the past two years

I think the bottom line is that our scrubs are nowhere near as bad as this board says. By MLS standards we are a very deep side, and exceptionally well disciplined and composed. It's just that the quality of the first 11 is so high that the drop off is huge when we have to draw deep. We never broke down tonight when other teams I know (cough, USMNT, hack, cough, Kreis FC, Cough cough) would have spilled a goal and or gotten frustrated when the shots weren't going in.
No. They really are that bad.

Fortunately, SKC just couldn't punish us wide, as Seven Seven said. Also, they don't really have a striker right now, at least not one comfortably integrated.

They tried to give us the ball and pressure fairly high and counter. We did a lot of the same. Made for a fast game, but an ugly one.

If you took "quality" out of that, you're just being a sunny side kind of guy. That's cool.

I won't for a second pretend RJ, Khiry and TPFKAU are anything short of poor.

Some night that. Enjoyed singing and dancing in the rain and the second string XI did a stellar job to grind out a win.

Said to someone before the match, it shows some strength to have Pirlo starting in what is basically your backup side, but what a power of work he put in tonight. Sliding and throwing himself about, showing for the ball, some nice linkups.

Not a lot of standout performances tonight, people had a hard time in the rain and a couple of very forgettable moments, but GOD DAMN, i'll take it!

The fact that our B team is better than most MLS teams (SKC even w/out Besler and Zusi is one of the better MLS teams) is a credit to the FO and PV. I was worried we weren't going to score, but a ton of positive attractive soccer given we were missing 7 starters. Great 3 points for NYCFC.

Melia's family were sitting in my seats when I got there. He's from East Islip and they all came out to watch him. Thought they were in a section over. They were really nice and I told them not to move. As I then jumped around and checked out all the dry seats in the house. They lasted a half before they went somewhere dry too.

Vieira is the best manager in MLS if he can get someone else to deal with subs. I don't know another team in the league where the coach can pull a player aside tell him he's starting and all he needs to do is play the system.
Probably true. Also why I get a huge kick out of people saying the US problem is players.

Really? Does Huddersfield have even a handful of guys who would start at other PL teams?

Was Mané a complete monster before Klopp? Was Lallana or Henderson anything to speak of?

Hell no. Coaching absolutely matters.

But yeah, his subs are just so bad most of the time.

Khiry just lacks guts. I've never seen someone so much bigger and faster than everyone around him, but so timid. I won't be surprised if he's gone over the winter. He's a USL level player.